Lalala

Click me.

The club was playing zion t, slow music flowed trough the air like fancy liquor. Boys and girls slowing down, swaying to the soft beat just enjoying the dark, warmish ambience of the newly renovated nightclub. I looked my watch, 1 am. Just in time to go, the pace was slow, there were no more free drinks and i just rejected the third boy trying to take me home. I did not dress appropriately, I just threw on some skinnies and white shirt in a fuss as my editor shouted from his office. And yet this ambience was giving me some sort of glow, attracting poor souls that had thought I was available.

 

Maybe another ten minutes. I can’t leave just yet, the club was overflowing with luxury and I won’t be able to redeem another free pass inside in the future. Then there he was, walking carefully but somewhat relaxed into the are. Greeting the owner like they were besties, and the girls screamed as he walked his way to the dance floor. He was admiring the new translucent marble flooring and how spacious it was. Two of his sidekicks, however, was not impressed by the upgraded, instead, they were just fooling around with the girls. The way he was so easily amused at the slightest beauty of the design, the drinks, the girls… everything... looked somewhat innocent in my eyes. He was wearing big shades, covering his eyes like shields but I could see the amusement in the way he moves. He doesn't look like he’s been out much. 

 

Idol. He’s an idol, attending his favourite club renovation launch late at night to avoid any attraction from the medias. Well, unfortunately, he attracted me like a magnet. I took out my phone sneakily, trying to paparazzi the hell out this opportunity I had. But he caught me; his face tensing immediately as he pulled down his shades, showing his big, dark eyes. That was when it happened, kung as the Korean called it. My heart thumped nervously. I smiled, anxiously hiding my phone back into my denim purse. He let out a satisfied smirk, his intimidation working like a charm on me, I looked desperately at the bartender, begging for a strong shot of vodka. I downed it quickly, feeling the burn going down from my cheeks all the way to my chest. It was a good type of pain, where all my embarrassment just settles into the alcohol. Strange, I was embarrassed to death but I didn’t feel like leaving. 

 

I took a timid peek at him. He was starting to warm up, swaying with the rhythm along with his friends. I keep looking, in the defence of trying to recognise who this john-doe idol was. Then when he started to move, even through the darkness of the room I immediately knew. It was Changjo from teen top. Oh god. I breathed, Why god? Why out of all the idols in Korea, why HIM?? To put it shortly, I was there in Seoul partly because of him too, well, let's just say that I was a big fan.

 

I could feel the heat rising back from my chest to my face. Damn, I was burning up. It had been six years, I’m a lot older but dear god my feelings for him was just as intense when I was a teenager. And now I could not peel my eyes off him, just watching everything he does like a creep. I took a deep breather, swallowing all the ridiculous emotions as I dug a deep courage to walk away from the bar and go home. But I had to take one last look; at that pretty face of his. How it gleamed under this colourful illumination was like some filter in snapchat. Then it happened, we locked eyes, All movement had frozen rigidly as my breath paused. Oh god, he caught me again. I wonder if he remembered, I hope not. But as I prayed to god, Satan had answered my question. He smiled again. I turned to the bartender again.

 

“Another one?” he asked laughingly, pouring the liqueur into the shot glass.

“Fill it up,” I told him, waving my hands as the liquid brimmed the glass.

 

I downed it like it was plain water. 

 

“Woah slow down soldier,” he said, probably amused at how red I was getting. I shook my head, shooting him away while looking down straight into my sad, empty cup, But the darn bartender was still there. 

 

“Uh, miss… he’s coming.”

 

The blurry table snapped crystal clear. I looked up, begging the bartender to save me but Changjo was already behind me. He tapped my shoulder gently. Oh god. I turned over my shoulder and forced a ‘neutral’ smile. He smiled back, hugging himself as he waited for me to turn fully to his side.

 

“It is you… Reporter Na.” He said. Cynicism was loud in the tone of his raspy voice.

 

“Changjo-ssi,” I said, welcoming his handshake with feigned confidence, but the last shot had done the job. I was not standing straight. Right after shaking his hands, I almost stumbled back but I managed to stand straight up again with the help of the cold glass counter. But there was this foreign warmth on my right wrist, I had to squeeze my eyes to look at it.The booze and the contact lenses were a power combo in making my eyesight worser than a hippo.

 

 It was him. Changjo was holding me up. Surprised, I snapped it free and looked straight to his face. Surprising, even with all this blur, he seemed to be slightly worried. His face was calm, but the tiny curl on his eyebrows showed his wary emotions. Like a small puncture in a balloon full of water, only a small amount was spilling out. I smiled foolishly, rubbing the side of my cold arms.

 

“Sorry, I think I’ve had too many to drink. And…” 

 

His eyes widened and one of his brows were elevated. He was waiting for that second part of apology I owed him. 

 

“Sorry I was sneaking around with my phone. I swear I didn’t know it was you..” 


to be continued...