Dimples and Eye Smiles

Dimples and Eye Smiles

“To find the equation of the tangent, calculate the derivative of the given function and then plug the x-coordinate in to find the slope at x. After that, substitute the x into the function to find the y-coordinate of the tangent point. Then you combine slope from here and the point you got from here to find the equation. Got it?”

Taeyong almost fell asleep as his math tutor droned on and on about stupid tangent lines. He already listened to the same voice for one and a half hour during class and now he has to put up with it for another. He never asked for extra lessons, but when his marks were declining at such a speed that even Usain Bolt would envy, his mom took matters to her own hands and got a one-to-one lesson with renowned teacher, Mr Jung. For ing three days a week.

What a great time to be alive.

“Taeyong, as much as you’re tired and can’t wait to leave my house, the feeling is mutual and if you cooperate with me then maybe I could let you off fifteen minutes early. Provided you keep this a secret from your mother, of course.”

Taeyong’s ears perked as he filtered the phrase ‘let him off early’ and he sat up straighter. Mr Jung shook his head slightly at the boy and pushed the math manual to him.

“Finish up questions one to five and you’re done for the day. I’ll see you next week.” Mr Jung said and went out the room, leaving Taeyong to his own accord. Taeyong slumped back to the chair, drumming his fingers own the wooden table, listening idly to the beat as he nodded his head with it. He stared at the text book and thought how wrong Mr Jung is to ask him to do work and leave him unattended.

Taeyong contemplated leaving Mr Jung’s house after finishing one question so he wouldn’t feel too bad. He pulled the book closer to him and prepared his pen and paper, ready to write when the door suddenly opened. Taeyong jumped, thinking it was Mr Jung but when he looked closer, it was a boy. And very handsome at that.

A look of surprise registered on the boy’s face. “Oh sorry, did my dad just leave?”

“Your dad?”

“Yeah, the tutor.”

Taeyong knew there are many unsolved mysteries in the world but this has got to be the most mind-boggling one he has ever encountered. How the hell did Mr Jung, wrinkly, old, ugly and pot-bellied Mr Jung get a son so handsome, so fair and so adorable? It’s either his mom’s super gorgeous or he’s adopted.

“He just went out not too long ago.” Taeyong replied and the boy smiled one of the cutest smile Taeyong has seen in a while and he legit fanboyed over the dimple.

“Thanks.” He said and began to close the door.

Is he leaving?

 “Wait!” Taeyong blurted. Immediately after that he wanted to punch himself in the face.

The boy raised a brow at Taeyong’s random exclamation. “Yeah?”

Taeyong was flustered and he blinked, trying to get his brain to think up of something that wouldn’t scare the boy away.

“Are you good at math by any chance? I mean, of course you are, your dad’s a math tutor for a reason but like—”, now Taeyong really wanted to punch himself in the face. He can’t believe he’s getting tongue-tied.

“I need help with my assignment.”

The boy stared at Taeyong for a while before smiling again. God, he needs to stop before I pinch his cheeks.

He closed the door and sat in front of Taeyong, glancing at the open text book then to Taeyong.

“I’m Jaehyun, you?” Jaehyun extended a hand and Taeyong willingly held it, feeling the smoothness and softness of his skin against his.

“Taeyong.”

Jaehyun flashed another one of his prize-winning smile and Taeyong is trying so hard not to melt into a pool of feels.

“So which question do you need help with?” Jaehyun asked, his gaze lingering at the open page.

“Um, this.” Taeyong pointed to a random question, not even bothered to check if his teacher had taught their class.

“Okay, so this question wants you to find the rate of water flowing into the tank from 0 to 10 seconds. So first—“

 

 

Taeyong noticed the change in his grades. It wasn’t a significant increase, but it was a good start and the smile on his mom’s face when she read his report confirmed it.

“See, I knew sending you to Mr. Jung was a good idea. You improved so much!” His mom said, staring at her son’s report with such pride and Taeyong rolled his eyes.

Bet you wouldn’t be so keen if Mr. Jung suddenly became thirty years younger, much more good-looking and with a dimple so deep you could swim in them.

No lie, the increase in Taeyong’s grades were all because of this angel sent from the highest heavens name Jung Jaehyun. And maths wasn’t the only thing he was good at, Taeyong would label him as some sort of a prodigy. There was no problem Jaehyun couldn’t solve, no language Jaehyun couldn’t speak (okay, this may be exaggerated to some extent but when Jaehyun spoke some English to Taeyong and told him that he lived in America for four years, Taeyong found that especially hot), and if Jung Jaehyun couldn’t get any more perfect, that boy is blessed with a singing voice so melodious and smooth and thick even caramel would be jealous of.

“But don’t be so full of yourself yet. You can improve more and I’m expecting better for your finals, you got it?”

“Yes mom.”

 

 

It’s after finals and Taeyong’s lining up to get his report card. Even though he thought he did pretty well as he managed to do all the questions on the paper, it still worries him if he didn’t get the score he wanted. As the line became shorter and shorter, his concerns grew bigger.

Lee Taeyong   Maths   90

That was all he needed to see.

 He didn’t even stay back to take any pictures with his friends as he raced all the way to his bike and rode to Jaehyun’s house, smiling the whole time. Once he arrived, he pressed the doorbell and was greeted by Jaehyun’s angelic face.

“Hyung? What are you doing here? Don’t you have class today?” Jaehyun questioned, but making his way to open the gates.

“Jae, guess what I got for Maths!” Taeyong couldn’t keep his excitement in any longer, proudly showing off his report to Jaehyun.

A warm smile spread across Jaehyun’s face and Taeyong was ready to melt into a puddle.

“I knew you could do it, hyung. Congratulations!” Jaehyun said.

“This is all thanks to you!” Taeyong said and without thinking, pulled Jaehyun in for a big hug.

“H-Hyung, we’re still outside…” Jaehyun muttered, clearly surprised by the sudden close proximity.

Taeyong couldn’t miss the opportunity to tease and a smirk formed on his face.

“Oh, so you wouldn’t mind if we did it in your room?”

Jaehyun’s face turned a deep red and his eyes widen. “That’s not what I meant!”

Well, I can leave the teasing for later.

“So I take it you’ll be my math tutor for next year as well, correct or correct?” Taeyong asked.

“I don’t have a choice in this matter now, do I?” Jaehyun replied, smiling shyly.

“Good. I’m coming same time tomorrow. Get ready by then.” Taeyong said, happy with Jaehyun’s answer.

“But it’s already the holidays.” Jaehyun asked, confused.

“We’re not having class tomorrow. It’s a date.” Taeyong winked and poor Jaehyun blushed so hard you’d think someone splattered tomato paste all over him.

“Stop looking so cute or I might have to kiss you.” Taeyong added even more fuel to the tease and Jaehyun frowned.

“Shut up! I’ll see you tomorrow morning. Bye!” He said before stomping back towards his house.

Taeyong’s grin couldn’t grow any bigger as he eagerly waits for the date with his lovely angel tomorrow.

 


A/N: One can never have too much Jaeyong feels <3