FINAL

Denouement
Please log in to read the full chapter

A/N: After writing many angst MinYeon one shots, writing this was a guilty pleasure. Something I looked forward to and hoped to write. And with all the MinYeon goodness that we're all getting recently, I just had to write something happy. Because I'm feeling happy?

Decided to start this when I saw pictures of MinYeon smiling really brightly at each other on many occasions. It just feels right to link a closure one-shot to those smiles. They are happy now. 

Oh, and Happy MinYeon Day! I'm late, was supposed to get this up that day. Anyways, enjoy!

________________________

 

Author's POV

 

The heater is obviously on yet the room gets colder by the minute. 

 

"Are you ready?" A soft voice broke the silence. 

 

There was no reply, the other girl was busy looking through her mobile phone. 

 

"Hyomin unnie? You ready to do it again?" The girl walked up and touched Hyomin on the arms to get her attention. 

 

Shock by the sudden contact, Hyomin jerked backwards a little. The girl definitely got Hyomin's attention this time. 

 

"Oh Jiyeon.. Yes yes let's carry on."

 

It was the night before T-ara's concert in Taiwan and for once in many years Hyomin and Jiyeon were back to sleeping in the same room like those days in the dorms. 

 

It was a little awkward, new and the tension between the two girls were rather high yet it was also a little nostalgic. It reminded them of the times they spent in the dorm room, every joke shared, every little quarrel that took place, those secretive snacking sessions and those times where they would lay side by side with a thunderstorm out there, listening to the same music till their eye grew tired, breathing slowed before falling asleep soundly while clinging onto each other as if they were the only ones left against the stormy night. 

 

Both Hyomin and Jiyeon thought about things that happened in the last once in a while but tried to forget them most of the time. But moments like those that have so much impact on a persons life, memories that is capable of generating so much emotion, it never really goes away no matter how much you try to force it. 

 

"Let's record this session? We can share it with the fans someday." Jiyeon suggested. 

 

"Yes, sure." Hyomin replied and helped Jiyeon set up the camera. 

 

"Ready?" Hyomin asked the younger girl. 

 

"Yea!" Jiyeon chirped. 

 

No matter how awkward things can get on some occasions, it never lasts for a long time, problems like these don't happen to two individuals whom known each other for almost half the life time. And this is probably something both Hyomin and Jiyeon were grateful for. 

 

The music plays and the two girls got into the choreography immediately. They tried to be as professional as possible but some parts that are really intimate got the burst out laughing to ease the tension. After all, they are the only one in the room. 

 

With each step and "Trouble Maker" playing in the background, Hyomin feels her face getting warmer. 

 

Her eyes were stuck to Jiyeon's face and the younger girl was looking right towards Hyomin's eyes. 

 

Hyomin stares at the stunning facial features of this kid before her. Yes, she was still as beautiful as that kid that would run up to hug  and cling on her back in those days. Jiyeon was a little chubby then, Hyomin enjoyed squeezing that kid. But these days, Jiyeon had been really skinny, it's not the unhealthy type, still beautiful, but Hyomin would love to feed her a cow daily if she could. 

 

Years have passed and Hyomin really couldn't believe how much everyone has grown. They were young then, just a group of girls that hope to make a name for themselves with their voice. But over the years many things happened, but Hyomin was glad that after years, they are all still here. Together.

 

The song was slowly coming to an end and Hyomin stared at the girl before her. Park Jiyeon, this girl that still made her heart beats incredibly fast had grew up a lot over the years. Not just physically but emotionally and mentally too. The little kid even manage to get a boyfriend years ago, that episode broke Hyomin's heart into pieces for the first time and Hyomin didn't even want to think about what follows after that. A Cold War that almost ruined the years of friendship they had. 

 

Back then, Hyomin did figured out that she was pretty obvious with how she felt but Jiyeon didn't seem interested in exploring this option presented and went for an older man. It felt like a stab in the heart with Jiyeon looking at Hyomin in the eyes while doing it. 

 

It drove Hyomin to her lowest points that nobody will ever know because it's Hyomin, and Hyomin wasn't the type to speak up and share how she feels. 

 

But over time, a long time, Hyomin figured out that she can't let a man ruin everything so she told herself to be happy for her little dino's happiness. 

 

It's through this acceptance and understanding when Hyomin finally gave up willing. Hyomin just wanted Jiyeon to be happy and in turn, she will be happy too. 

 

So having to made a tough choice. Hyomin stopped loving Jiyeon. Because Jiyeon didn't want Hyomin to. It was that simple. 

 

But every now and then, Jiyeon just pops by and does something that would attract Hyomin's attention. For example, now?

 

Hyomin face was flush, and in the cold room, the girl was starting to sweat. 

 

The song reaches the end and Jiyeon grabs onto Hyomin's head. The song would end with Jiyeon pulling Hyomin into a deep kiss. Hyomin closes her eyes had Jiyeon pulls her in and... Nothing happened. 

 

If a girl closes her eyes, it more or less meant that she wanted a kiss or was waiting for one. But Jiyeon didn't catch it, maybe it's due to lack of experience but in the end, nothing happened. No kiss. But Jiyeon did laughed out like an ahjumma. 

 

"Why did you close your eyes?!" Jiyeon spoke with giggles in between.  

 

Hyomin opened her eyes and laughed along awkwardly. She didn't know if she's supposed to laugh or cry. 

 

But it's probably better this was. A kiss right now would complicate things and make it confusing for all. 

 

Hyomin sat down in bed and subsequently called it a night. 

 

Jiyeon on the hand senses that something was weird with her unnie. They haven't even got the choreography right yet they are heading to bed now.  

 

Thousand of thoughts went through the little kids head and every time it falls back to the part where Jiyeon didn't go ahead and kiss Hyomin. The girl keeps wondering if she should have just went for it. Jiyeon sat up in frustration and looked over at Hyomin's bed. 

 

The older girl was sleeping with a frown on her face. 

 

Jiyeon walked over softly and place her hands on Hyomin's face. Slowly fix the fringe like she always does, Jiyeon caressed Hyomin. 

 

"Unnie.." Jiyeon spoke softly. 

 

The girl just sat there all night watching Hyomin. It has been years since Jiyeon last saw Hyomin fall asleep beside her, sure there are times Hyomin slept on the van but this was different. Jiyeon has an up close view and she was able to see every frown clearly, how the older girl would bite her lips one in a while and how two drops of tear made their way down the cheeks that night. 

 

Jiyeon for once got to vaguely understand what Hyomin goes through every night. But never will she know what Hyomin dreamt of. It was no nightmare that frighten her, it was a dream that brings out tears of joy. In Hyomin's dream, she was happily in a relationship with none other than Jiyeon herself. This was everything she wanted, so she cried. 

 

But even with dreams so perfect and real, Hyomin's sub-conscious was able to recognise that everything real and that she will have to wake up to this nightmare that's real. And in reality, she does not live together happily with Jiyeon. In reality, it's heartbreak and sadness. 

 

The sun rays shot into the rooms and filled it with bright light. When Hyomin was up, Jiyeon's was already in the shower room. 

 

They had a quick breakfast and set of to the concert venue for rehearsal immediately. 

 

Hyomin and Jiyeon had their stage perfectly executed in one try and earned the cheers from all staff members. But unlike the previous night, Hyomin suggested not to include the kiss ending.  

 

That threw Jiyeon off and the girl was a little unhappy with the decision but nevertheless Jiyeon didn't say anything.  

 

When it comes to the actual live performance, the crowd was roaring. A moment between Hyomin and Jiyeon was already a rare thing that drops once every blue moon. But now a special stage with just the two of them sent the crowd screaming in disbelief. 

 

The music played and the stage was theirs. Hyomin and Jiyeon tried to remain professional throughout. Every touch and exhale down the other's neck sent chill down their spines like electricity flowing. 

 

The song was closer and closer to it's ending and despite discussing to end with a pose. Jiyeon followed the original choreography and held onto Hyomin and spin her around. The younger girl leaned in and this time, it was no fake kiss or a laugh, Jiyeon saw how Hyomin shut her eyes and did so too before pulling the older girl into a deep kiss. It was like the whole world came to a stand still with just the massive crowd roaring in the background. 

 

The light dimmed a little and Jiyeon found courage that she never had before to stick out tongue to french Hyomin. It lasted fore a mere 2 or 3 second before Hyomin realised what the little kid before her did. 

 

Hyomin immediately place her arms over Jiyeon and with some effort managed to pull herself away from the younger girl. 

 

The crowd was still roaring loudly, everyone's hysterical. Fans with cameras are still snapping away and when the lights were finally out Hyomin ran off as quickly as possible. Jiyeon whom was left on stage could only stroll back in shock of what she did. 

 

Jiyeon ran around the back stage shouting for Hyomin and finally stopped at a room where she hears a familiar sobbing from inside. 

 

"Hyomin unnie?" Jiyeon called out guiltily. 

 

"Go away!" Hyomin replied. 

 

"Please unnie. I'm sorry. It was not intentional." Jiyeon cried out. 

 

"How is it not intentional?" Hyomin replied and cried louder. 

 

Jiyeon burst into the room instead of just shouting from outside. Seeing Hyomin on the floor hugging her legs and bawling her eyes out, Jiyeon hugged her unnie immediately. 

 

"I'm sorry, I didn't know it will hurt you so much." Jiyeon spoke softly. 

 

"You knew! You knew!" Hyomin cried out and hit Jiyeon on the shoulders. 

 

Jiyeon could only stay in position and allowed Hyomin to continue until she's too tired and stop. 

 

Hyomin hit the girl hard until she heard Jiyeon winced before stopping, having time to think that maybe it's all just a misunderstanding. 

 

Must be the adrenaline. 

 

"I'm sorry unnie, I won't do it again. Will you forgive me?" Jiyeon spoke again softly. 

 

"Please?" Jiyeon looked up and Hyomin guiltily. 

 

Hyomin stares at the girl seeking forgiveness with a pair of puppy eyes before her. There's no way she's able to reject. 

 

"Fine." Hyomin replied and looked away. 

 

"Thank you unnie" Jiyeon exclaimed with joy. 

 

"Don't do it again in the future." 

 

Those words shouldn't meant anything and Jiyeon should just listened. But those words pierced like sharp broken glass. 

 

Why couldn't she do it again? Jiyeon wondered. Despite everything that happened earlier, Jiyeon realised that she quite enjoyed that kiss. Something she never had the courage to do yet contemplated for a long time. It was something she never had an opportunity to do before but now she did. And it changed how she viewed everything from then on. 

 

"Okay." That's was all Jiyeon could reply at that moment despite thousand of emotions going through her right there and then. 

 

She didn't dare to. She wasn't sure if her Hyomin unnie still feels the same like she used to years ago. Maybe not, because Hyomin just instructed Jiyeon to never kiss her on the lips again. But what if that wasn't the case, what if Hyomin only meant not to do it on stage?

 

One will find themselves stuck in this endless loop of self-questioning and self-convincing when you are close to a person, but not that comfortable enough to ask questions that would make someone uncomfortable. 

 

Confusing? That's what Jiyeon thought. 

 

The girl stood there for a moment when Hyomin's voice caught her attention. 

 

The older girl noticed how the little kiddo was deep in her thoughts and decided to just wait till she has returned from her train of thoughts. 

 

Hyomin was taking time to admire this beautiful girl before her. Filled with sweat after a intense stage out there. But she knew that this won't do, she can't fall back to where she was stuck for a longtime. Hyomin knew she had to move forward, move on. It has become repetitive, falling back and moving forward time and time again. Hyomin was sick of it, it's the same old heartbreaking phase that she goes through every single day. It's boring, it's not new and on her side it ing hurts at every second she looks at Jiyeon. The girl is free and really up for grabs, that's if you can connect well with the girl. But Jiyeon's the type to easily fall for anyone. And that is why it hurts more....

 

Hyomin would very much want to grab hold of the little Dino Abd make the girl hers, but she couldn't. Because Jiyeon didn't want to be her's, she didn't want to be Park Hyomin's. And now for the rest of Hyomin's life, it's to live through this living nightmare that's like a ticking timebomb that would unleash so much heartbreak the moment Jiyeon meets someone that is capable of sweeping the girl off her feet and go on dates with her. 

 

7 years, Hyomin loved Park Jiyeon. But it appears that Jiyeon didn't want Hyomin to. So Hyomin choose to stop loving her. And for 5 years, up till now, Hyomin didn't love her, nor anyone else. Hyomin would probably forgotten how to open up to someone again, how to smile like other ladies who are so deeply in love. She could only pen down how she felt and sang it out loud. 

 

Maybe Jiyeon would here them. Maybe some else would feel the pain and rescue her from this deep dark pit that she fell into and had trouble coming back up. 

 

"Earth to Jiyeon? Earth to Jiyeon?" Hyomin called out. 

 

"Ah? Oh, sorry!" Jiyeon smiles guiltily, definitely absorber arrow to Hyomin's heart. 

 

"Lets go back."

 

 

"Yes." 

 

Hyomin would always walk by the front and Jiyeon would always follow behind her closely. Be it when they were young and close, or the period of time when things were a little rough and cold b

Please log in to read the full chapter