[final] It was just a freaking kiss

Just a Kiss

Bestfriends. That's what Minhwan and Chani are. They've been friends for a long time and have been through quarrels and amd small fights that only made them even more closer.

Minhwan thinks that he can't live without Chani. He thinks he and Chani are like a pair of chopsticks that can't be separated.

They live together in an apartment after saving up for it together before going into college. They go into different universities but they got this place exactly in between their schools. On weekends they would usually play games or hang out together to forget the stress school brings them.
Sometimes their close friends they met in highschool would visit them and they all hung out together.

One random game night Chani threw his controller lightly on the bed.
"I lost again. Why do I always lose to you? This time I even won the first battles but I just had to lose on the last one"

"You have to master the combos, idiot. You can't just press random buttons like that." Minhwan stuck his tounge out a little

"Hey! It works most of the time you know! I've always won over Jinsub and Jihyeong whenever they go here and-"

"Oh yeah but doesn't work on me, though"

"By the way, who are you calling idiot?" Chani asked before tackling Minhwan onto the bed, tickling his sides.

"St-op it ha-haa" Minhwan managed to say while laughing.

Eventually Minhwan was able to hold Chani's wrist then he flipped them over.
Minhwan suddenly realized the position they were in. He was on top of Chani, his hands holding Chani's to prevent him from tickling him. Their faces were just inches apart.

They stared into each other's eyes. Minhwan was starting to feel weird. Okay this is getting awkward

Suddenly Minhwan felt something on his lips. Wait what?
He sent the other a mixture of a shocked and confused look "Wha- D-did you just kiss me?"

"Yeah, sorry I just felt like doing so.. we're bestfriends anyway right? I kinda just wanted to know what would happen" Chani simply replied

"O-oh right."

The two just went back and played the game again after that.

----

Minhwan thought for the nth time about that same night.

It was just a kiss. Ain't that just a kind of thing some bestfriends do when they're really close? Yeah, and since we're close..

Minhwan doesn't understand why he's still stuck thinking about it. He could just go on with his normal life. However something funny is going on. Ever since that night he can't stop thinking about Chani, particularly his lips. He thought about it even at school.

What's even worse, sometimes when Minhwan talks to Chani, his eyes follow his lips. It was like his mind was screaming at him, telling him 'those lips touched yours'

He doesn't understand. It was just a kiss and they were just really close bestfriends, but why does his heart flutter so much thinking about it. And why is it that, deeply inside, he hurts a little because of it?

After days and days of thinking, Minhwan realized something. And he figured he had to do something about it.

--

It was the night after their final exams. They went to the building's rooftop to get a nice view of the dark sky and the stars.

Chani stretched his arms "Finally the exams are finished! I can finally get more sleep"

Minhwan looked at him and said "You were so stressed and tired the whole week that you once slept beside the trash can."

The other replied "Yeah it was so tiring.. but now they're finished!" He looked up the sky before saying "Hey look at that star, it kinda looks brighter than the others. That's cool"

Minhwan looked up to where Chani was pointing. That star, it's like you

Soon as Minhwan took his gaze away from the star he felt something on his lips again

Chani was kissing him again and this time Minhwan felt like his heart wasgoing to pop out of his chest. I have to do something

Minhwan looked away and hesitated before saying "Don't..d-don't kiss me."

"H-huh? why?" The other asked

He bit his lip. "I-... I can't take it that you kiss me thinking that we do it because we're best friends." He admitted. "I can't.. because I like you, not oly as my bestfried.. but also something more than that"

Chani, hearing this, simply smiled "Then let me kiss you."

"What?" Minhwan looked into the other's eyes.

"Because I like you too.. no, I love you"

At that second Minhwan feels it from Chani's gaze and his sweet voice.

Chani placed one hand on the latter's cheek as they inched closer. Closer until their lips touch.


Bestfriends. That's what Chani and Minhwan are, but now they're more than that.

 

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

This was just a short one I just typed in my phone at 3am just because I couldn't sleep. lmao

And holy sht because I just finished typing this and now I can see the sun so I'll be leaving this here and I'll be off to dreamland haha

Please comment ♡

 

♡ daisyfluff