Butterflies

Real Deal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Oppa, am I allowed to invite my friends over at my apartment?" 

 

"Uhm, ofcourse you can. Just uhm.." 

 

I found him looking uncomfortable whilst driving. Once again, we spent our weekends on dad's house and it was a little less awkward than my last week's visit. I tried to avoid bumping into Mrs. Choi now and then, and trust me, it is twice as hard since we both live in the same house. Dad was being nice again. I was actually surprised when I got there, the pantry was filled with all sorts of ingredients that dad bought for me to cook with. Atleast I know they appreciate my cooking.

 

During the times like that, it made me miss my mom. I was always thinking about how is she doing in L.A or does she have someone to talk to whenever I wasn't around. I'm always keeping in touch with her. She told me that her sister Aunt Kaeun and Aunt Yiyoung was staying with her, atleast it gave me the feeling of enlightenment.

 

Now going back to oppa, now, he's driving me back home to my apartment at 3am in the morning. I'm obviously sleep deprived since it's monday and I got to prepare for school later. 

 

"Why? Do you have any concerns?" I asked.

 

"Hide all the picture frames displayed, accidents happen and they might end up bumping into them and break them."

 

I groaned. I don't really see the point of hiding away the picture frames. It seems too suspicious but I let it go. The pictures were all too cute not to show everyone but knowing my brother, there was no way I was going to win this arguement. He's the one who is paying for the apartment so it's his rules, not mine.

 

"Okay, fine. What else?" I snorted.

 

"Keep my stuff hidden away if they're going to stay on the other room. And!" 

 

"What?" 

 

"No sleeping with boys. If they're coming over, they better sleep on the other room or else I'll beat them to pulp." Oppa said seriously. 

 

My brother is just like me. Intimidating and savage but we both have our goofy and loving side as well. I grinned and gave him a nod. I was still sleepy and there's still less than an hour before we arrive to my apartment. I need to gather all the energy I needed since I know this week is going to be stirring. 

 

How did things went between Junhoe and I, you ask?  

 

Well, we went to his favorite tteokbokki stand and tried to catch up with everything we missed. Junhoe was such a darling. He was incredibly fun and lovely to be around. I realized his undying love for tteokbokki when he got all two servings for himself. Unlike him, I wasn't a huge fan of tteokbokki. I tried eating some fishcakes, Gyeran-ppang (which is an egg bread), Broiled Eels, and the one I liked the most was the crispy crablets. It was so good that I ate a bunch of them whilst walking around and looking for food but then, unfortunately, my allergies occured. I know I have seafood related allergies but it wasn't all that bad.

 

Let's just say, It was not the wisest decision to make.

 

I started sneezing non-stop, like perpetually. Junhoe panicked a little when he realized I can't stop sneezing, I tried covering it up by saying it was a normal cold but then my face started to itch, including my tongue. From that moment, he knew I was having an allergy attack. Luckily, I always bring my small purse filled with medicines, including my antihistamines, which I might need whenever I experience some indispositions and Junhoe had a big relief because of that. I'd rather not tell you the whole story but I can assure you, I had a great time even if I had rashes whilst I was on my way home. 

 

But everything did not stop there, we're keeping intouch with each other if we have time. I was kind of busy dealing with Mrs. Choi and with the whole Choi household whilst he was busy with the final preparations they needed for the assessment. All of those didn't stop us from talking to each other.

 

**

 

I was about to grab my keys and be on my way to school when my phone rang. I thought it was Junhoe so I answered it immediately without looking at the I.D caller. 

 

"Hello~" I sang.

 

"Well, someone's in a special mood today." I heard Hayi say on the other line.

 

"Hayi, it's you. Why'd you look for me so early in the morning?" Hayi doesn't usually look or text me unless there's something important and I prefer it that way. I'm not really a clingy friend. If a friend of mine wants to have a conversation with me, it's okay, I could talk and I'm all ears but I'm not the type to be the first one to approach someone without any reason. 

 

To simply put it away, I prefer being distant and mysterious. I'd like to keep that personal space of mine. I also do not like sharing any personal struggles with other people. As long as I know I could handle the problem or the situation, I would keep it to myself because I think I'm being such a bother to the people around me.

 

"Starting the day with being sassy isn't the way to go, Dani." Hayi joked.

 

"Well, Dani is just being Dani." I said with a hint of sarcasm.

 

"Right. So, do you have a leather jacket I could borrow?" 

 

"Yes I do. Can you specify the style of the leather jacket you desire to wear?" I asked politely as I opened my cabinet filled with trench coats, leather jackets, bomber jackets, suit jackets— basically different kinds of jackets you could possibly have. And I have them in dark colors.

 

"Surprise me, girl. Hey, I have to go and get my make up done. I'll see you at school! Don't worry about being late, there's no classes until the assessment finishes. Bye!" Hayi said as she hung up.

 

Well that's a relief. I don't have to feed on Ms. Kwon's sarcasm today plus the glares of some of my classmates.

 

 

June: Where are you?

 

[I'm on my way there. Stop bugging me.]

 

June: You like it when I bug you. Why should I stop?

 

[Oh my god. You're such a loser.]

 

June: Haha, seriously. Where are you?

 

[I just got out of my car and I'm currently walking in the parking lot.]

 

June: Oh really? Cuz I see you right now, ogling at the foods in the cafeteria.

 

 

I furrowed my eyebrows as I read his text. I am not at the cafeteria, I'm currently walking somewhere at the field when someone suddenly grabbed my shoulders and spun me around, I gasped and I saw Junhoe holding up his phone whilst grinning like a fool. He was wearing a stripped baby blue long sleeves with his hair slickly styled.

"Yah! I could have beaten you into mash!" I growled. 

 

He laughed as he took my bag and slung it to his shoulders. Well it was true, if I had not realize it was Junhoe sooner or later, he'd be limping on his way to their last minute rehearsals. I didn't just train kickboxing for years just because I like it, but also for self-defense. A lady must not rely on a man to defend herself. You must learn to be on your own even if it may look like you're the one whose defending them. 

 

"Have you seen Hayi?" I asked whilst holding unto the a paperbag with my leather jacket inside it.

 

"The last time I saw her, she was with Suhyun inside one of the dressing rooms down the stage, doing their make up." He answered as his eyes fell on the paperbag I was holding. 

 

"Do you want me to hold that for you?" He asked.

 

"No thanks. Where's Hanna?" I was looking around, someone might see us and they might get the wrong idea.

 

"She's still at home. She said she'll be here by the time we perform." 

 

I sensed the awkwardness in his voice whilst he was answering my question. I looked at him with a deadpan expression which he took quite seriously. I had to lightly punch him in the arm, for him to overcome the thorny atmosphere. Luckily, he seemed to be more at ease because of my actions.

 

"You don't have to be so awkward about it. We're friends and I'm also friends with Hanna so you don't have to be so perplexed about it." I smiled.

 

He let out a small sigh and forced a smile. "Yeah. Friends..." 

 

It seems like he is not too happy when I mentioned us being friends, I'm not happy too but its the only way for us to be together without hurting someone else especially Hanna. As much as I really like Junhoe more than just a friend, I had to set aside my feelings to be better person. 

 

We finally arrived at the school's pavilion and there's a dressing room at the basement part.

 

I was wonderstrucked when I saw all the art students dolled up and ready to perform. Some of them were running through their last minute dance steps and the others were busy memorizing their lyrics. I saw Jisoo, Lisa and Chaeyoung walking out from one of the dressing room's looking beautiful as always. I think they're going to be performing in a broadway-like style today. They were wearing a shimmery-flashy outfits which all look somewhat the same but different in color. 

 

Chaeyoung saw me, pointed her fingers towards my direction and called Lisa's attention which made the younger one call Jisoo's attention. I can feel Junhoe's hands gesturing me to go away but I stayed instead. I think everyone thinks of them so badly but I want to befriend them. I'm not going to judge them solely based on what I've heard. 

 

I'm not that type of person.

 

"Hey guys. You look incredibly gorgeous." I smiled.

 

Jisoo scoffed and smiled at me sarcastically. "Ofcourse we are. We wouldn't want to look like trash on the assessment right?" 

 

"Yeah. Well, goodluck!" I said nonchalantly and started to walk away when I heard Jisoo call my attention.

 

"Have you seen Bobby today?" she asked expectantly.

 

"No, why?" I furrowed my eyebrows as I answer her question.

 

"Hey babe—" Yugyeom walked out of the dressing room, approaching Jisoo, wearing an all black outfit with a silverish-gray long sleeved cardigan with his hair swept up. He stopped his tracks when he realized I was standing infront of them.

 

I want to get out of here.

 

I turned to look at Junhoe who's looking a little lost as well. I grabbed his arms and started walking away from the scene. "I think Hayi's looking for me now.."

 

We arrived infront of Hayi and Suhyun's dressing room which was shared with other performing students as well. I retrieved my bag from Junhoe and pinched his cheeks. He whimpered a bit which I found cute. 

 

"Can I visit you guys later?" I asked hopefully.

 

"Certainly. Just, don't panic if you see a lot of guys without their tops on." He laughed.

 

"I lived 15 years in L.A near the beach. I believe I've seen much more than topless guys."

 

"You naughty girl." He grinned at me and ruffled my hair. 

 

I shrugged and entered Hayi's dressing room. I saw them doing each other's final make up touches. They are all dolled up and looking stunning Suhyun surprisingly spotted my reflection in the mirror and waved excitedly at me. With that, Hayi saw me as well.

 

Hayi was wearing a black ripped jeans paired with a plain white top finished. Her hair was dyed brown and was tied up into a messy bun with some chunks of hair strands dangling down. She looks amazing. I handed her the paper bag stuffed with my leather jacket. As soon as she opened the bag, her eyes enlarged and gazed at me with awe. 

 

"Dani! Omygod! This is so pretty. Thank you for letting me borrow it!" She moved next to me and gave me a tight hug.

 

Suhyun also stood up and joined our hug. She also looks stunningly gorgeous. She was wearing a powder blue doll dress with her hair braided to one side finished with a silver hair band. 

 

"If monthly assessments are supposed to be this awesome, then I can't wait to experience my first one!" I cheered which earned a laugh from the two.

 

"Oh no, trust me. You have to go through all the stress before and after your performance. We have to wait until next week to find the results of our hardwork." Suhyun said.

 

"I know. I can't imagine what the boys are feeling right now. Hanbin has been extremely rough on them." Hayi snorted.

 

Speaking of boys, I do want to see them right now. I want to see their outfits and their make up. Who did their make up anyway? I only saw June with his hair styled but I don't think what his wearing is their costume. I suddenly feel the strong urge to go to their dressing room. I broke away from the hug and looked at them seriously.

 

"Do you mind if I visit the boys for now?" I asked.

 

I saw their faces lit up and they were grinning as if they were planning something evil. They both nodded quickly in unison as they push me towards the door while murmuring 'ppali'. Finally, I was again outside, making my way towards the boy's dressing room. I can hear the performance from upstage down here. I held the door knob and slowly opened the door, only to be welcomed by the loud bickering voices of Jinhwan, Donghyuk and Chanwoo, Hanbin's roaring orders and June and Yunhyeong's booming singing voice. I smiled and fully opened the door.

 

"Aigoo!" Jinhwan was the first one to spot me whilst I was closing the door.

 

"Dani!" Donghyuk cheered.

 

"You're here! Come!" Yunhyeong said and motioned me to come towards them.

 

"Dani-ah! When I look at you, it seems like I lose all of my stress." Hanbin followed me behind.

 

I gave them a beam and walked towards them to give them each a hug. Their outfits was more relaxed than the ones I saw from the others. They were just simply following a black and white theme finished with a black snapbacks each. Luckily, all of them were dressed.

 

"You all look so handsome! Oh god. I think I'll be one of your fangirls from now on." I jokingly said and noticed Chanhyuk applying make up on Junhoe. 

 

"Omo. Dani's here?!" Chanhyuk's ear immediately perked up like a dog's when he heard my voice. 

 

He accidentaly poked June's eyes with an eyeliner. "Ouch! You little—" June groaned and was about to land a punch on Chanhyuk's face when I caught his fist on time. Chanhyuk's eyes were already closed as if he was expecting a punch to land on his face but he got back into his senses and realized he wasn't harmed at all. 

 

"No. Not today, June. No one's breaking anyone's face nor bones okay?" I said sternly and glared at him.

 

He was still dabbing his eyes with a piece of tissue paper. "Make up is for my eyelids not my eyeballs!" Junhoe furiously said.

 

"Yah! yah! yah! You ungrateful brats! I was supposed to do my own make up when you all suddenly came up to me and literally begged for me to get all of yours done! I'm not even done with all of you and I haven't even started on mine! I'm going to be assessed today too, incase you're all forgetting." Chanhyuk snapped and took a seat next to Junhoe and began to do his own make up.

 

"But Chanyuk-ah. Some of us are not even done yet." Hanbin started whining and began shaking Chanhyuks body which added more oil on the other one's fiery head.

 

"HE DOESN'T EVEN WANT TO PUT MAKEUP ON!!" 

 

"BUT WE ALL HAVE TO BE STYLED ACCORD—"

 

"I'll do it guys. No need to fight." I said and smiled.

 

They all gave me a quizzical look and eyed me from head to toe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter