Sarcasm

Seriously

 

Sorry for the long wait!

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Thank you for coming," Jimin said, bowing to the leaving members of B.I.G. It was another fun episode of ASC.

"Ha!" Jae laughed in her face, making her back up with a mock look of disgust. "I beat you and Kevin by a landslide! Fourty-four percent, baby!"

Jimin pouted, sad about the Twitter poll results. Now Kevin will only buy Jae sushi since she already flicked Kevin's head. "I don't get why they didn't want to go to Seoul Forest. Why would they even want to see your face?"

"Uh, 'cause I'm hella handsome."

She let out a loud laugh before stopping. "Oh, you weren't joking?"

Jae scrunched up his face, as if he was angry, and walked towards his manager's car. Laughing, Jimin said bye, but he didn't look back. She knew he was joking though. They were always joking around with each other.

She said goodbye to Kevin and all the staff before following Jae out the studio into the street. She'd have to walk a bit more down the road to catch a taxi. As she began walking, she saw Jae's car rolling past her. She smiled and waved, even though she couldn't see due to the window tint. The car stopped though. The door opened.

"Where's your manager?" Jae called, poking his head out.

"His wife went into labor this morning," Jimin said. "He's with her now in the hospital.

"Who's picking you up?"

"I'm gonna get a taxi."

Jae's eyes twitched twice. "C'mon, we'll drop you off at your place."

She instantly smiled. "Seriously?"

"Nope. Bye." He pretended to close the door, but Jimin was already running towards him.

"Oh come on. I know you secretly want me to grace you with my presense."

Climbing into the car, she thanked his manager, who was driving. The car was obviously bigger than her own since DAY6 consisted of 5 members.

"Hey, you guys are getting a lot of attention," she said, nudging Jae's arm.

"Of course. Have you seen this face?"

"Yeah, but I can't stare at it for too long."

"Because I'm too bright?"

"Because I'll puke."

He scrunched up his face again, his eyes twitching and blinking uncontrollably. "I can say the same thing about you." He reached out and pinched her cheek. She pushed his hand away.

A comfortable silence fell, but it was short lived. Silences were always short with Jae and Jimin.

"How's your mom doing?" Jae asked.

"Why?" Jimin squinted her eyes suspiciously. "You want her food again?"

He smiled and sheepishly nodded.

"Seriously? Boy, that was one time, like two months ago. You still want her cooking?"

"More like one month ago. But yeah, I've been craving some good kimbap. Your mom's the best at those."

"Uh, excuse me. made that kimbap. Everything else was my mom."

His head whipped towards her. "You made it? I thought you didn't know how to cook."

"I've been practicing!"

He stared at her with a shocked look. "Seriously?"

"Yeah." Jimin stared back. "Wow, I feel like I should be offended at how surprised you are."

Jae let out a small laugh. "No, I'm just—like—I didn't know it was you. Can you make some more?"

She shrugged. "Maybe. If you convince Kevin to buy me sushi."

"What? But you got to flick his head. I should get the sushi."

"You can eat sushi, but I want sushi too."

"How about I'll buy you sushi?" 

"You'll buy me sushi for my kimbap?"

Jae paused. "Actually, nevermind."

Jimin let out a whine, shaking his arm. "Jae, come on! I'll make you a ton of kimbap! I'll bring them to you after band practice, hm?"

"No-can-do," he said stubbornly, staring out the window.

"Aw, Jae! Please? Pretty please?"

He didn't turn to her, but she could see his smile in the reflection of the window.

"Fine. I'll make kimbap, but I'll give them all to YoungK."

He whirled around. "What! Brian doesn't like kimbap as much as I do."

She only stuck her tongue out at him. "Oh, that's my apartment! See you, Jae."

She thanked the manager and leaped out of the car before he could say anything. Now she needed to buy some ingredients.

 

 

 

"Ugh! Why is it so hot?" Jae collapsed to the ground, lifting the end of his T-shirt to hook it behind his head.

They have been practicing since morning, and it was almost lunchtime. Sungjin and Dowoon were flipping through a coupon book to see what they should order.

"Where did this pot belly come from?" Wonpil teased, lightly slapping Jae's stomach.

He let out a small whine and pushed his hand away. "Don't touch my flabs."

"Oh?" YoungK said, glancing at the glass door. "Jae, did you invite Jimin? She's at the door."

Jae's head snapped to the door. He didn't see anyone. "Where?"

"Made you look."

Jae slapped YoungK's leg. "Dude, what the heck?"

He and Wonpil only laughed.

"Did you see how quickly his face turned?" Wonpil teased.

Jae ignored their laughter and rested his forearm over his eyes, letting the fan cool his torso.

"Wait, did you actually invite Jimin?" Wonpil asked.

"No, I just said she should make us kimbap. Why?" Jae muttered, almost falling asleep.

"Because she's actually at the door."

"No, she's n—"

"What's up, guys?"

Jae bolted upwards and fixed his shirt. "Jimin, what're you doing here?"

She held up a large bag with containers. "My mom and I made lunch. You didn't order lunch yet, right?"

Talking lightly, everyone quickly sat in a circle with the food placed at the center. Jimin made sure to push the pile of kimbap towards Jae. They ate mostly in silence. The boys never felt like talking when they could eat instead.

"Thank you for making lunch," Sungjin said once everyone was full.

"No problem," Jimin replied, leaning her back against a wall. "Now Jae has to buy me sushi."

"What?" he said, lying on his back and hugging his guitar on his chest. "Wait, I never agreed to that."

"Too bad, you're going to have to pay me back somehow."

"Ugh. Fine. Maybe. When I have a day off."

She sat up. "Seriously? Wait, let me record this. I need proof."

"We won't have another day off for a while," YoungK said, lying on the couch. "We stopped having day offs since last month. And we don't know when we have free time since our schedule's always changing."

Jimin let out a sigh. "Okay, just pay me, Jae."

"Um, excuse me?"

"You're excused."

"Ooooh," Wonpil and Dowoon said in union.

Jae shot them a look, and they ducked behind the drums.

"Girl, you know I'm broke," he told Jimin.

She didn't reply since she was too immersed in her phone. A silence settled.

"So," Dowoon said. "Are Jae hyung and Jimin really not dating?"

Out of shock, Jae choked on his spit. Jimin blinked before bursting out in laughter and falling to her side. Wonpil smacked Dowoon's arm.

Jae was the first to recover. "What the f—"

"Yes, we're totally dating," she said between fits of laughter. "Cause it's just so obvious that we're insanely in love with each other." Her laughter faded when she heard no one else laughing. "I was being sarcastic."

Jae only shook his head in his hands while Wonpil and Dowoon smiled mischievously at each other. Jae knew they were going to constantly in the dorm about what Jimin just said.

"Anyways," she said, standing up and brushing her skirt. "I should let you guys practice. I'm gonna head home."

"Did you take a taxi?" Sungjin asked, standing up as well. "I'll walk you down."

"Uh," YoungK piped up, getting everyone's attention. "I—uh—actually needed you to—um—help me with some of the difficult parts in the instrumentals. Jae, how about you walk Jimin out instead?"

"Don't worry, I can walk myself out."

"No," Jae replied, almost too quickly. "It's okay, I'll walk you." He began collecting all the tupperware and placing them in Jimin's bag before she could. "C'mon." He even carried her bag for her.

"Ah, good slave," she joked.

"Wow, and this is why chivalry is dead," he replied.

They bickered until they were out of the room (pausing only for Jimin to say goodbye), leaving the members in a pregnant silence.

"Do you think she was really sarcastic?" Wonpil asked to no one in particular.

"Yeah, I think so," YoungK said, picking up his bass. "But there's something going on between them."

"Just let them be," Sungjin insisted, cleaning up the floor where they just ate. "They'll figure it out on their own."

"Sure," Wonpil said, with a light tone of sarcasm and a shared smile with Dowoon. "I'm sure they will."