The Tale of the Moon and the Star

The Tale of the Moon and the Star

 

When the most luxurious suite in the hotel asked for room service, all of the staff turned to Jonghyun with an envious look. He had been assigned to a few suites that night and the client was rumored to be a famous rockstar. Jonghyun did as asked and used the lift to get to the room as quickly as possible with a professional care.

 

“Room service.” He called from outside the door after having knocked.

 

There was no answer. Not knowing what to do, he hesitated for a moment before deciding to enter the room with careful steps. He knocked once more, this time on the other side of the door, but there was still no answer. He walked further into the room.

 

There, lying on the messy white sheets of the expensive bed, was the rockstar everyone was talking about. Except Jonghyun hardly recognised him from the photographs he had seen in magazines. Gone were the numerous piercings adorning his ears and nose, gone was the heavy black makeup. There was nothing left but a man, a man looking so young and vulnerable and yet, the tired look in his feline eyes made it look like he was a thousand years old. When Jonghyun’s eyes finally left the man, he noticed there were dead bottles of wine and expensive liquors lying everywhere.

 

When he noticed him, the man looked up and whispered, his eyes red and swollen as if he had spent the whole night crying,:

 

“Take me to the moon…”

 

There was a small smile on his lips and Jonghyun was suddenly taken aback by the pure beauty of it.

 

With small steps, he walked to the bed and sat beside the lying man - only now noticing the ugly scars on his delicate wrists usually hidden by countless leather armbands. It was like his mind had left his body at the sight of the man - completely broken yet still mesmerizingly beautiful - and he felt himself lean closer.

 

“Are you alright ?” He whispered, not really knowing why, suddenly worried sick. “Sir... ? Are you okay ? Talk to me.”

 

“Will you ?” The man asked in a soft, tired voice, ignoring the questions.

 

“Will I what ?”

 

“Take me to the moon.” He asked, moving his arm to point to the glass walls of the expensive suite. There was a full moon that night. It was high in the cloudless sky, dominating the stars. “Will you ?”

 

Jonghyun would have probably blamed it all on the alcohol and the man’s utterly broken state, if it wasn’t for the glint of genuine lucidity in the other’s eyes.

 

He knew then, that the man was just looking for a way out, a way to get away from this messed-up world for only just a moment.

 

“How do I take you there ?” He asked, and when the other sat up he noticed how close they were. Two tired feline eyes looked into his.

 

“Kiss it all away.” He whispered with a shaky voice. “Take my mind away from this place.”

 

And kiss everything away, he did. His lips met the others shyly at first, testing the other’s resolve. If Jonghyun thought the other would stop after a kiss, he was wrong. Soon their limbs were tangled in the expensive sheets and his lips had left the chapped ones of the rockstar in favor of kissing his body. He kissed the ugly scars and the beautiful soft skin alike, kissing everything he could get his lips on. Their clothes were soon discarded, as well as all of Jonghyun’s reason, and their bodies were brushing against each other’s on the mattress. They took it slow, as paradoxical as the situation might have been.

 

He kissed it all away. All of the pain, all of the sorrow, all of the things haunting and crushing the life out of the broken yet beautiful rockstar. At least, for a night.