Vernon's Boxer

Vernon's Boxer

It was a usual day in the shop. I, a brand new boxers, was waiting for a customer to buy me. Nice and folded, in a transparent plastic bag, sitting on a shelf with my friends, on a warm spring day.

 

Then he showed up.

 

A fair skinned, miraculously good looking guy with a knifey-sharp jawline, took me from the shelf. I could feel his stares piercing through me, his big eyes were judging me. Was I good enough for him? Was I beautiful or cool enough for him to wear me? Was I comfortable enough to let him move freely? He checked my tag where my size, content and price was written. I was 100% cotton, I was confident, he looked rich so my price wouldn’t be a problem but… Size… Will I fit him or not?

 

I held my breath when he frowned; he was trying to read tiny text on my tag. You don’t need to read everything, Sir Handsome! Don’t mind the details like where I was manufactured or my company, just buy me and we’ll live a happy life together.

 

He took me and 2 pairs of cool-looking socks to cashier and suddenly he turned around, calling someone named Seungkwan. “Are you done already?” asked Seungkwan. “Yes, you?” my future owner replied. Seungkwan said “You can go before me, I’ll be right back” he went to somewhere near, maybe the boxer section because when he saw me his pupils enlarged a little bit. I already knew I wasn’t something interesting, I was a mere checked boxer. Seungkwan must have remembered that he needed new boxers as well.

 

When my future owner gave me and socks to overly-excited cashier girl, socks just screamed because she grasped them so hard that they couldn’t breathe. She was stuttering while asking him if he was “really Vernon from Seventeen, like, really?”. Vernon? My owners name? It didn’t sound Korean, I thought with my very limited, 2-month-old(time I spend on that shelf listening to customers)Korean knowledge. Then she took me and tried to show my barcode to red lighted thing.

 

She forgot putting us in a bag so I could watch her shaking and making mistakes and sighing continuously. When she was done with purchasing stuff, she realized she didn’t put us in a bag. She apologized in hurry but Vernon(my love) also reached us. When her hands touched Vernon’s she got all red and I noticed her trying to touch his hands by using this momentary chaos. Vernon didn’t realize but I DID SEE what she was trying and I shouted “TAKE YOUR FILTHY HANDS OFF MY OWNER”. Socks laughed so hard that I got a bit embarrassed but knowing that humans can’t hear us, I was relieved.

 

Vernon held me with his soft but strong hands, I wished he took me out of this package soon so I could feel his real touch. And socks, as I got to know them in bag, were just some nerdy guys who boasted their unique designs. They kept fun of me on the way home.

 

Vernon, my beloved owner, got home after 3 friggin hours of shopping. It was Seungkwan’s fault because Seungkwan wanted to go lots of shops and Vernon never objected. Also, he was calling my owner Hansol. I was confused but my owner said “Yes, I’m really Vernon” to cashier girl so I trusted his words. Maybe he has two names? Probably yes.

 

When he got home, he took the socks first and tried them. I was sooooooo jealous that those boasting nerds got to touch him before me. I’ve waited my turn patiently. He was busy with showing his new socks to his friends. I’ve waited. They laughed. I’VE WAITED. I couldn’t wait but I waited. Just like a loyal lover as I am, I’ve waited and he came back to his room.

 

My non-existent heart was beating so fast when he opened my package. When I felt his fingers touch I felt electrified. His touch was so warm and his fingers were so beautiful I couldn’t help falling on the ground. He took me again and shook me. He brought me near his face, I could feel his breath on my cloth, he got me closer AND OH. MY. GOD.

 

HE.

SNIFFED.

ME.

 

“Should I really wash every cloth I buy before wearing them?” he mumbled in English. I don’t know how I could understand it but in that position I could do everything. HE LITERALLY SNIFFED ME I AM SHOCKED HE PUSHED ME ON HIS FACE AND SNIFFED ME HOW AM I STILL SANE? “I like this smell so much” OH MY DEAR CLOTH GOD! I’M HONORED SIR! YOU CAN SMELL ME AS MUCH AS YOU CAN SIR! In my entire 2-month-life I’ve never heard any compliment from anyone and HE, a real life Adonis, was spoiling me this much. I was short of breaths and heart-beats I felt that I could die peacefully at that mo-OH GOD OF CLOTHES HE SNIFFED ME AGAIN OH SIR PLEASE HERE TAKE MY HEART FOR THE SAKE OF BOXER GOD I stopped screaming and realized that I was in fact touching his face.

 

His face was beautiful. His nose was perfectly shaped, his beautiful long lashes tickled me, his cheeks were so nice to touch. He was soft. Despite his sharp looks, he was touching me soft and tenderly. His skin was smooth and soft, I felt his mole on his right cheek just near his mouth. His lips were so soft that I shamed myself being not silk but cotton. I didn’t deserve him with my checked and cotton cloth, he deserve the softest silk in the world.

 

He pulled his face back, looked at me with his indecisive look in his eyes and mumbled “Mum always washes”. He briefly sniffed me one last time and put me in his box of laundry. He carried the box to laundry room and put everything in washing machine at once. I couldn’t take my eyes off of him until he pushes the buttons and left. Another boxer near me started talking: “Do you love him?”

 

They were one of my rivals. All of his boxers were my rivals but I was confident on my youthfulness. “Yes I love him.” I answered. “Everybody here loves him. He is the best owner you could ever have.” they said while detergent-water was rising from bottom. We got wet *coughs*from various reasons*coughs* but we had fun when we got all cleaned and talked about how miraculous being Vernon’s belonging is. I became friends with all of his boxers that I met because we knew competition was meaningless. We all loved Vernon and Vernon loved all of us.

 

Vernon put us in dryer after washing machine and after the dryer, it was our special time with Vernon. He took us on his lap one by one and gently folded us. He put us in the drawer and suddenly he took me back. I didn’t know what happened until I saw his towel.

 

The time. Of my life. Has. Come.

 

I closed my eyes while he was showering but a sneaked a peek between my cloths. His figure was amazing. He wasn’t thin, he wasn’t fat, all I could see was his back but even his back was muscular. When he turned around to find his shampoo, I could see his face and his chest and HE TURNED HIS BACK AGAIN Ok, boxer, calm down, YOU WILL SEE HIM ANYWAY. It was all about my profession. I just wondered where I will work and that was all. Yes, it was all it is. Yes.

 

He walked towards me with a towel around his waist. His chest and abs were amazing. I wondered if angels were also fan of him just like cashier girl. And I thanked God that I’m a boxer because if I were a human girl I would be no different than cashier girl but now I was alone with him.

 

Without me realizing, he started to wear me. I wished to be perfect fit for him because I wanted to do my best for him. On half way, around the knees, I felt my responsibility and reason of being boxer so I got all serious. I was fit on him. I was good enough for him. He walked around comfortably. I was proud of myself and dedicated to do my job in the best way possible.

 

And this was the story of how I became Vernon’s boxer.