Part 3

Lost and Found

True to his word (a good sign, Yoongi thought), Taehyung did, in fact, return the next day. He came with a cart full of bags and suitcases, actually.

 

“I decided I’d do it! I have everything figured out!”

 

Yoongi raised a brow, but decided not to question it. What did he care about the kid’s life? As long as he agrees and consents to this, he can’t take it back. So, Yoongi led him to his library so they could perform the ritual.

 

Ritual was, perhaps, a strong word for what they would be doing. It wasn’t satanic, or bloody, or violent, really it was just Yoongi transferring his magic to Taehyung—partly what he would have done for Jimin, except…he’s giving away all of it.

 

If he left even a little of it for himself, Taehyung would not be able to take over the position. Yoongi would still technically be the God, but he’d have considerably less power—and he’d become mortal, and would eventually die as the God, and that meant there would be no new God of things lost.

 

So, he had to make sure they did this right. He had to give everything to Taehyung. That meant the boy had to be one hundred percent willing and accepting.

 

“Are you absolutely sure? You have to be positive you want to do this.”

 

“I’m sure! I’ve really got nothing to lose.”

 

Yoongi pulled Taehyung to the center of the room, looking over the explanations and instructions in the ancient book one last time.

 

It was going to hurt. Taehyung would be fine, better than fine—the transfer of the magic would hit him with a surge of power, of peak health and immortality—any ailment or illness he has will be gone. Yoongi, on the other hand, is going to have to deal with the loss of this—meaning, becoming mortal, and receiving any illness or pain that he would have if he had been mortal all along, or anything he had wrong before he became…this.

 

But, he had to do it. For Jimin.

 

He carefully performed the spell, following the instructions exactly. He held his hands to Taehyung’s bare chest, and with a final push at the last of the spell, he willed every bit of magic inside him to leave, to go to Taehyung.

 

Immediately as the magic hit the boy, he gasped, nearly stumbling backwards if it weren’t for Yoongi’s hold on him and the magic swirling up and around them both.

 

It was quite beautiful; every color imaginable swirling together in a glittery, shimmery whirlwind, the two men glowing. Yoongi was in excruciating pain, however, and was doing his best to get this over with. He could see Taehyung getting stronger by the second, he could see the magic illuminating him and trapping youth in its tracks, Taehyung’s face bright and almost unreal.

 

Just as Yoongi thought he wouldn’t be able to handle the pain anymore, nearly crying at how every inch of his body was burning, stinging, like all of his organs were being stabbed—it stopped. The last of the magic left him, completely forming around Taehyung and pushing Yoongi back so hard he fell backwards.

 

He gasped as he hit the floor, not realizing how fragile his ‘new’ body would be. He wasn’t used to feeling pain simply from falling; he wasn’t used to falling in general. Every movement of his body felt unnatural, stiff, clumsy. He stood up, feeling wobbly on his thin legs, grabbing onto a desk to help keep himself balanced.

 

“Are you alright?”

 

Yoongi glanced up at Taehyung, eyes widening as he took in the boy’s form. He was…God-like, it was clear. His tanned skin clear and glowing, no blemishes or imperfections anywhere. His hair was shiny, silky-looking, falling gracefully into place unlike the mess it had been before. His eyes were bright and piercing, but not unkind—probably unlike how Yoongi’s had been. He looked amazing, and Yoongi now understood why people would often look at him in the way they did before.

 

“I’m…fine…I think,” he said, noting how even his voice sounded different now. Gone was the crystal clear, seductive tone he had before, replaced with a normal, tired, accented speech.

 

He stumbled towards a chair, allowing Taehyung to hold onto his arm and help him sit.

 

“Do you need something, you think? Water, or something to eat?”

 

“I’m not...actually, I don’t know. I don’t remember what hungry feels like.”

 

“I won’t ever be hungry? OR thirsty?”

 

“No,” Yoongi felt a pounding in his head, it was very uncomfortable. It hurt to keep his eyes open, they were almost burning. His body felt weak, and he just wanted to lay down.

 

“I think…I’m, tired,” he said, holding his forehead in his hands.

 

“You don’t know?”

 

“I haven’t known being this tired in at least a few centuries.”

 

“Wow. This immortality thing is great!”

 

“Yeah, yeah,” he mumbled, “can you help me to a bed?”

 

“Why do you have a bed if you don’t have to sleep?”

 

Yoongi smirked, “I think you’ll find out when you start getting your own visitors.”

 

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

 

Yoongi shook his head, standing up and latching onto Taehyung as he led the way to his bedroom.

~~***~~

Jimin hummed as he walked down the road, on his way to the farmers’ market. He had done his best over the last few months to forget about…him, the God, Yoongi. He continued to hear stories about people’s experiences who managed to get to Yoongi, hearing about how unstable the God had gotten. People were whispering, conspiring, saying the God had finally gone mad, or that he was losing his power.

 

Jimin tried not to feel guilty when he heard people say these things. A part of him wondered if maybe this was why Yoongi had so badly wanted him to stay, maybe his loneliness had finally gotten to him. Jimin hoped not.

 

“Jiminie!”

 

Jimin perked up at hearing Hoseok, one of the farmers he always made sure to buy from.

 

“Hi, Hoseokie! What do you have today?”

 

Jimin and Hoseok talked as Jimin looked over the produce, trying to stop thinking about Yoongi.

 

“Taehyungie hasn’t shown up, yet. I’m a little worried, he always comes here and sells his rock jewelry.”

 

Jimin hummed, wondering why the energetic but lovable traveler wasn’t at his usual spot, “maybe he isn’t feeling well.”

 

“Hopefully he’s okay.”

 

Jimin smiled, knowing Hoseok had quite the soft spot for Taehyung.

 

“Well, I hope you find out. Thank you for everything!”

 

“Oh, no, thank you Jiminie!”

 

As Jimin turned to walk back home, he ran into somebody, sending them to the ground.

 

“Oh, my gosh, I’m so sorry! Are you alright, sir?” Jimin gasped, crouching down to help the man up.

 

“I thought I told you to call me Yoongi.”

 

Jimin stopped, his jaw hanging. “Y—Yoongi?”

 

The man on the ground in front of him was…almost unrecognizable. The unearthly glow he seemed to have before was gone, his hair much more fragile looking and brittle, his dark eyes murky and dull instead of their previous shine. Even his body seemed weaker—as he stood up, Jimin could see his legs shaking and how out of breath the man was.

 

“What…are you doing here? Are you okay? I thought you couldn’t leave—,” Jimin stopped, not knowing what to say.

 

“I’m…I’m fine, I think. I’m not…the God, anymore.”

 

“W—what?” Jimin was so confused. Were all the villagers right? Had Yoongi really lost his power?

 

“I, gave it up. To someone else. I didn’t want it anymore.”

 

“But…what about the castle, your life? Are you not immortal anymore? Why would you do that?” Jimin said, holding onto Yoongi. The man looked ready to fall over again; how had he even gotten down here?

 

“I don’t wanna be immortal if it means I can’t see you.”

 

Jimin’s breath hitched, staring at Yoongi. He had been trying so hard to forget the feelings he had for the other, but with him here in front of him like this, it was hard. It didn’t help that something in Jimin felt like he had known Yoongi for much longer than he did, it felt like…they were meant to be together, as ridiculous as it sounded.

 

“I—Yoongi, you shouldn’t have done that. Not for me,” Jimin said, looking down.

 

“Why, do you…have someone, else?”

 

Jimin quickly shook his head at Yoongi’s shaky question. “No, but…you just, you gave up so much, just…just to be with me, why am I so special? Now you’re going to die, someday. It wasn’t worth it.”

 

“Of course it was worth it. So what if I die? You will, too, one day. Everyone will. At least I won’t be alone. At least I’ll have been with you.”

 

Jimin continued shaking his head, tearing up. He had done this, he had basically killed the God of things lost.

 

“Who…who did you give your power to?” Jimin asked, trying not to scream.

 

“Some kid, I don’t know. His energy was right, the magic could feel it. He’s good, and kind. He’ll do good.”

 

Jimin nodded, slowly. “Well…what are you going to do, now?”

 

“Well, my first plan was to find you. I found you, so now…I guess, we do whatever you want.” Yoongi grabbed his hand, smiling slightly at Jimin.

 

“Are you…okay? You don’t look well, and you’re so…skinny. Have you eaten? Let’s go eat.” Jimin squeezed Yoongi’s hand, knowing he had already fallen for the other.

 

Yoongi let himself be lead by Jimin, his heart singing. He knew this was how things were meant to be. He could feel it, even without his magic. Jimin was his new magic.

**Bonus**

Hoseok sighed, hating how forgetful he was at times. This was the fifth time he had lost his good trowel, and he needed it for his new patch.

 

He always felt nervous going to the God, the small man somehow so intimidating and always finding a way to make Hoseok’s life harder.

 

But as he entered the castle, he was shocked to see Taehyung of all people there, sitting in the throne the God had always occupied, with blue and pink mist shimmering around him as he sang along to music he was playing with a piano—the keys playing themselves, orange mist controlling the instrument.

 

Taehyung looked...amazing. The boy had always been beautiful, to Hoseok, but this...he was glowing, his smile was so bright, his voice was so rich and smooth. Hoseok felt himself holding his breath.

 

“Tae? What are you doing here?” he forced out, bewildered.

 

“Oh, hey Hoseok! Guess who the new God is!” Taehyung stood up on the throne, jumping off and, before Hoseok could scream, landing mid-air onto a cloud of gray mist.

 

Hoseok fainted.