1: Things Were Fine

Crimson Bond: Hunted

[a/n: Wow that took me longer than I thought...Works been catching up with me more than I wanted it to. Anywho, here it is after ages and ages of waiting and my stupid brain getting writers block shortly after I have an epiphany of idea's!(I'll be honest though SNSD's MV release today helped my motivation a ton. Y'all should go check it out if you haven't already, super fun and cheerful song. Exactly what you'd expect of SNSD *Fangirls silently in the corner*) I hope you guys like the first chapter. If you like it be sure to upvote it, or even just leave me a comment with your thoughts. They are always read and forever appreciated. -<3 The Informed Puppy]

"I can't believe you, of all people, are calling me to complain." Hyoyeon chuckles into the reciever as she wanders into the living room of her small apartment. She settles herself down on the couch with a heavy sigh. "I'd expect it from Momo, maybe Mina if she doesn't feel she can talk to anyone else. But you?" She clucks her tongue and lets out another quiet laugh.

"Are you done?" Tzuyu asks with a harsh tone, eliciting yet another laugh from Hyoyeon. "The century couldn't go by slower. This..."Charlotte" is a cesspool of drugs, murder and all things despicable and disgusting about humanity." She growls lowly. "Just today I had someone try and rob me in broad daylight!" 

"A crime I'm sure they paid for in full." Hyoyeon quips amusedly. Tzuyu responds into the reciever with another low rumble from her chest.

"That and more. The body was unrecognizable when I was done." Tzuyu snarls out harshly. Hyoyeon clucks her tongue.

"Now now, Tzu. The point is to stay hidden, not kill everyone who wrongs you." Hyoyeon chides snidely. "And why are you honestly complaining? Is it truely that much worse than the other cities, or even Seoul? I imagine-" Hyoyeon's speech is cut short by someone banging on the door loudly. 

"You expecting someone?" Tzuyu comments curiously. Hyoyeon shakes her head in response.

"No...I'll talk to you later." She responds lowly before hanging up the phone. She rises to her feet and takes slow steps towards the door, each footfall hesitant and careful. Once she's at the door she's greeted with more banging, and the nature of the knocks feel desparate and pleading to Hyoyeon. She furrows her brow then extends a hand to firmly grasp the handle. She turns the knob slowly and tries to inch the door open to get a better look at who's on the other side.

The moment the door opens a crack the visitor bursts in, slamming herself firmly against the wall at the other side of the room. Hyoyeon turns around and snarls as she finds the single person responsible for most that has happened to her and those around her recently curled up in a ball and looking at Hyo with pleading doe like eyes. 

"Seolhyun." Hyoyeon growls in acknowledgement. "I thought we were rid of you years ago." She scoffs, then stalks halfway across the room, murder evident in her eyes. "Now, please tell me what the hell are you doing in my house." Hyoyeon spits through grit teeth, canines elongated as steely silver iris's pierce down at the young vampire. Seolhyun holds up her hands in front of her.

"Please, they want to kill me. I couldn't think of anywhere else to go!" She cries as she shrinks back down on herself. Hyoyeon straightens out and raises a brow, confused that this once merciless and all too ruthless woman is now cowering in fear and pleading with Hyoyeon helplessly. It raised suspicion in her as she takes steps towards the cowering girl.

"Who's trying to kill you? And why is this important to me?" Hyoyeon growls out at her, hoping to elicit some truth from Seolhyun, if she wasn't telling it already.

"I don't know...uhmm...one of them was hunting you...yes... I caught that and her name before I ran here. Ahh, what was it?! Ermm...Jessica!! Her name was Jessica." Seolhyun finally manages to gasp out and Hyoyeon freezes in place, her eyes now wide. Jessica? No...no it can't be. Hyoyeon starts to think to herself, but is interupted by Seolhyun soft voice. "She was...uhmm not very tall, but elegant. Long light brown hair...uhmmm....sort of an icy presence. Voice that sounded really delicate when you heard it." Seolhyun nods as she finishes her shotty and rapidly spewed out description, but it was enough for Hyoyeon to be decently worried. She spits out a curse and looks about the house before rushing back across and slamming the door shut firmly and locking it. Like that'll do much good, Hyoyeon chastises herself. She then abruptly turns on Seolhyun and snarls at her. 

"You can stay here, but under a few conditions." Hyoyeon warns, to which Seolhyun straightens up and nods firmly. "You listen and obey my instuctions while under my roof, I can't have people getting killed unnecessarily because you were reckless." Seolhyun clamps her jaw shut, but nods despite her distaste for the first intruction. "Otherwise you stay in the room I instuct you and don't drink up all the blood in the fridge. You can move about the house freely, I just like my privacy." Seolhyun nods, the rest of the arrangements seeming fairly agreeable. Hyoyeon sighs, then motions for Seolhyun to follow, which she does. Hyoyeon then leads them down the small hallway and opens the door to unveil a plain room. White walls with a small dresser on the right and a single twin bed on the left. A lamp sat in the back corner by the one window the room had. "This is...was Victoria's room. I trust you'll keep it in good condition...and appreciate the small irony of it." Hyoyeon chuckles silently to herself before stepping back. "I need to go and tend to some things outside. Make a few calls, restock on blood." She eyes Seolhyun over. "Buy you some different clothes...." Seolhyun turns around and narrows her eyes at the older vampire, to which the latter simply shrugs. "Unless you'd like to wear that for the forseeable future." Hyoyeon quips, to which Seolhyun grimaces. "Thought so. There's some blood in the fridge and some clean towels in the bathroom down the hall if you wish to shower." Hyoeyon nods, then vanishes out the door, the soft click telling the aparments remaining occupant she'd left.

Seolhyun looks around the room, taking tentitive steps in. She frowns at the simple tastes of Victoria, deciding she'll need to liven the room up a bit when she gets the time, not to mention the courage to step back outside. She then exits her room and heads back for the kitchen, opening up the refridgerator and smiling at the comforting sight and smell of blood. It wouldn't be as good as fresh out of a vein, she knew this, but it would be better than nothing. So she takes a bloodbag and heads for the bathroom, deciding to soak her trouble away with warm steam and bubbly water.

---

Tzuyu stares at the reciever with a brow raised, now having a debate of worry in her mind. Who was at Hyoyeons door, and why were they banging so furiously. Tzuyu's mullings are interupted by a pair of strong arms around her waist, and a chin resting on her shoulder.

"What's got you so worked up?" Mina whispers in her ear as she nestles comfortably against Tzuyu's shoulder. Tzuyu hisses out a puff of air and turns her head to face Mina. 

"Just how my conversation with Hyoyeon ended. It's got me worried." Tzuyu confesses, turning herself fully around to wrap her arms around Mina in return. She smiles at her, though her thoughts still drift back to Hyo, which causes Mina to frown.

"Hey. It's Hyoyeon you're talking about here. She can handle herself, you know this." Mina says comfortingly. "And even if she was in trouble, do you really think she wouldn't try and contact you or someone else for help?" Tzuyu growls out a sigh and shakes her head.

"No, I suppose not." She admits, then focuses her gaze back on Mina her features softening as she looks upon her. "Just tell me were leaving this dreary city soon. It's starting to mess with my thoughts." Mina chuckles then leans up to kiss Tzuyu lightly.

"Promise." Mina responds sweetly before leaning for another sweet peck on the lips. "Now come on. I'm starving." She whines, earning a soft chuckle from Tzuyu.

"Alright. But this time, I pick where we eat." Tzuyu chirps as she follows Mina out of the room. They head down the stairs and into the open area of the hotel lobby, where Momo, Nayeon, Ji-hyo, and Sana were all waiting for them.

"Finally. We didn't think you two would show." Momo remarks exasperatedly. "I was about to leave without you two." Mina narrows her eyes and wraps and arm around Momo's neck. "Hey, hey stop! It's not like I actually left!" Momo whines, causing Mina to smirk.

"It's the thought that counts. Now lets go, before I just say it and tear down the lobby." Mina remarks as she drags Momo to the door. The rest of the group follow behind, chuckles and sarcastic quips scattered about them. Little were they aware of the hooded figure sitting opposite the lobby from them, nor did they notice how said figure started to follow after them quietly, keeping a safe distance from the group of bloodsuckers.

---

Two shadowed figures sit atop a roof opposite Hyoyeon's apartment building, watching carefully in the dark of night to see if anything changes. One figure eventually steps out of the shadows, revealing Jessica Jung, the one who'd been hunting Seolhyun for the past few weeks now. Along with her there was a hooded figure, a black mask covering their mouth, leaving only chocolate brown eyes staring down at the building below. 

"I don't like sitting around here waiting. Why don't we just go in there and kill her now?" The girl whines lightly. Jessica turns to her and holds up a finger over her lips. 

"Patience. We want our two targets to be calm and comfortable before we strike." Jessica warns. "Hyoyeon is bound to be on edge now thanks to the other girl. We strike now and she'll tear us apart before we even get a chance to retaliate."

"And how do you know that?" The girl questions increduously, to which Jessica turns a cold glare on her.

"Did you forget who I am? I've known that thing for seven years, I've witnessed her hunt and kill. She may seem like a light hearted jokester to many, but she hides a ruthless disposition and a merciless way of dealing with those whom she doesn't like." She's now standing in front of the hooded figure, and while the girl may be taller than Jessica, she still seems to shrink at the older womans icy glare. "So believe me when I say that if we don't do this carefully. We will die." 

"Fine. Jeez, what made you such a frozen heart?" The masked girl mumbles offhandedly, forcing down a swallow when she realizes Jessica heard her.

"The death of what's precious to me." Jessica whispers in response, narrowed eyes trained back on the building that housed her prime target. "A death that will be repaid absolutely."