Chapter 3

Vixen
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

"Can I wash this?"

SinB tried not to show it, but it was painfully clear that she felt crossed by the frown on her face. Despite that, SinB gave Yerin a side glance and mumbled affirmative.

It was only a stupid nylon shirt she'd never paid attention to and only discovered by Yerin in some deep crevice of her bedroom. But more importantly, "Wait, No! just leave!!" 

"Eunbi, you sure love these cartoons, huh?" Yerin inspected a nearby figurine. It was one of her first figurines, its condition much more kempt than her room.

"Whatever, just leave, already!!" SinB rushed to the older girl's side and urged her to the door, but surprisingly Yerin barely budged. Her lithe frame was deceivingly much stronger than SinB's.

"Nope! Your room needs some tidying, plus I'll be super quiet! You won't even notice me being here," She ended with a wink.

SinB was at the very last thread of her sanity and finally settled on screeching like a kettle.

"Yah!! SinB!! get your over here, the match is about to start!!" Sowon's squeal reverberated through the speaker, catching the attention of the room's occupants.

"SinB? Is that your nickname?"

"Argh!! whatever! Just don't touch my things!" 

After venting her frustration by messing with her hair, SinB accepted her fate and begrudgingly walked back to her computer. 

She'll just have to adapt and grow a third eye behind her head if she had to. Because there is no way SinB's going to break her winning streak.

After giving the blonde another stink eye - Yerin was still rummaging through the pile of clothes in the corner of her room - she finally focused on the monitor and slipped her headphones on.

Their team managed to bag another win, this time thanks to the youngest's quick thinking. It had been a close call, SinB and Sowon were killed early in the last round. Now their hope of winning the game lies on Umji's shoulder.

Thinking on her feet, Umji managed to lure their enemies to the bombing site by planting the bomb early and slowly picked them clean one by one with her magnum.

"Wooo!! Umji!!" The two of them cheered for the sniper beyond the virtual grave as the neon red letters blinked in their monitor, 'RED TEAM WINS.'

Umji chuckled through the speaker, always being the more reserved and calm between the three of them.

SinB reached for the tissue she kept by her desk - for unexpected accidents like spilling coke - and wiped the sweat accumulating on her forehead.

"Oh~ your friends are good at this," She heard a voice beside her and quickly muted the microphone. In the heat of the battle, SinB had forgotten about the intruder invading her personal space. 

"What are you still doing here?!"

Yerin pursed her lips in a pout and cutely bashed her eyelashes, "You said I can stay."

"I don't remember saying that?!" Grimacing, SinB finally took a look around her room. 

Her room that previously looked like a hurricane had just passed through now had a hundred and eighty. Her dresser and bed that used to be covered with clothes were clean of any clothing, her bed made, and the clothes now folded.

The floor was clean from dust and reflecting the light from her lamp. Her prized figurines stood on her desk in all their glory, basking in the sunlight filtering through the windows after God knows how long. Her room finally looked like a proper room instead of a neet's lair.

SinB didn't want to admit it, but damn it Jung Yerin and her professional housewife skills!

"What do you think? It looks better now, right?~" 

SinB's reply was only a noncommittal grunt because she wouldn't let Yerin have the last laugh. Her pride wouldn't allow it.

Yerin's smile got even brighter than before. It seemed like she had figured out SinB's personality.

Grumbling under her breath, SinB stood and gave the woman a firm look, "You're done with the cleaning, so now, leave!"

Yerin frowned cutely and jutted her lips, "Why so cold, Eunbi?" A pause. "Or maybe I should call you SinB?"

The tips of SinB's heat up, "Don't call me that!!"

Being called with the name of her internet persona was the embarrassment she didn't ever want to experience. ChanSung didn't even know that name!

"Leave, leave, leave!!" SinB aggressively pushed the woman towards the exit truly at her wit's end. Yerin finally yielded after SinB's futile attempt with her poor excuse of a muscle.

"Okay, okay~ but I'll only leave if you promise to eat lunch at the table!"

"Yeah, yeah, whatever!"

The door clicked shut, the menace of sunshine personified finally behind closed doors. Letting out a sigh, SinB settled back into her chair and the microphone.

"I swear to God, my brother's girlfriend is so freaking annoying!" 

"Hey! You took so long. What happened?" Sowon chimed in.

"My brother's girlfriend happened! She forced herself into my room and terrorize me!" She may have dramatized too much.

"Is she that bad?" Umji curiously piped in after. Aside from constantly bickering with Sowon, SinB had always come off as level-headed between the three of them.

Complaining about her brother's ex-girlfriends and current girlfriend misgivings had always been a constant topic, but SinB sounds much more emotional than usual.

"...well, not that bad." Yerin had been anything but terrible. The blonde could cook her favorite food, cleaned well, and always tried to be nice to her. Though, she could come off as overbearing to reclused p

Please log in to read the full chapter