Good Morning, Distraction

Good Morning, Distraction

 

 

For that friend who gave me this idea. Ahetchu hahaha

------

It's a ray of sunlight that effectively pierces your consciousness. Grudgingly, you find yourself waking up to another morning, another day to go through. You don't open your eyes though. Or move at all. Even at that realization, you're still cocooned in soft, soft blankets. You know it's one of those days you can sleep in. A weekend, thank heavens.

But the sun's streaming in too brightly. You wonder why the blinds are drawn and the window open already, the one that you know you slept beside. With a soft grumble, you shift around blindly, kicking off the blankets in the process. You sigh deeply, burying yourself in the pillows and sheets around you. The cool morning air is enough to lull you back to sleep. Add the muted sounds of a city waking up, this is just too good not to revel in.

You wiggle and squirm a bit, trying to get more comfortable. Your arm lands outstretched beside you. For a moment, it seems odd that the space next to you is cold. It's not supposed to be, right?

Just then, a thud resounds from somewhere the direction of your feet. Some rustling happens, as if clothes are rubbing on each other, before another, much louder thud comes, followed by a quiet but deep voice uttering a string of curses.

It hits you right away on who it is, and you sigh almost exasperatedly, wondering why he's up already. Weren't you both looking forward to a much needed rest? Which means a long period of sleep, given that it's a weekend when neither of you has any appointment to attend to or plans to fulfill. It's a day to laze around, as the other had said.

So why is he up and about, puttering around so noisily?

You force an eye open, refusing to entirely push away the sleepiness you feel, and scan the bedroom for the other. You can hear his irritated mumbling, voice obviously trying to be kept soft. Your sight is slightly obstructed by white sheets, but you don't mind 'cause it reminds you that you shouldn't be up yet. Not the same for the other, though.

Because of this, you feel the complaints gathering at the tip of your tongue, ready to overpower the ones that he's currently whispering (not to or about you, at least). How the other just disturbed your sleep (it's not yet time to wake up). How he was supposed to be in bed with you (you need cuddles, for crying out loud). How he's using precious time for something else other than slumbering (which you find really wrong).

You spot him near the open closet, back turned to you. The complaints die right away as you gaze at him. Well, admittedly, he's hard to miss, with that tall and lean form, broad shoulders, and long limbs. You remember a bit of last night, when those limbs were wrapped around you. They always make you feel safe and at home. He always makes you feel protected and loved. You sense a smile tugging at the corners of your lips as you adjust your head on the pillow to see him better. The softness underneath your cheek was a sorry substitute for the other's chest.

You're about to go on full-on admiration of the other, something you always find yourself doing (because how can you not) when you notice that he's putting on clothes unusual for a lazy weekend. He just shrugs on a white button down, and you can imagine him buttoning it up, long fingers quick at this task. He already has a pair of black trousers on. His hair's damp, probably already parted and styled. His towel's lying on the edge of the bed. What is he up to?

You're about to voice it out, trying to find the will to actually speak despite your sleepy state. But he chooses this moment to turn, and you're suddenly flooded with emotions. Just looking at him makes you feel a lot of things. Surprise, admiration, amazement, happiness, and of course, love. You know you still find yourself questioning how you ended up dating him. You were sure before that he wasn't your type, a little too perfect for your taste. But here you are, in an apartment you share, on a bed that you sleep in together. Watching him contentedly after a night's fitful rest.

Wow. Has waking up early made you a little sappy?

He notices right away that you're awake, with both eyes open ('cause you cannot help but see him fully). The smile that appears is as bright as the sun still streaming in, making your heart swell. You still don't move and let him come to you, dipping the bed as he presses a kiss on your temple. He whispers a soft "good morning," and you hum your reply, still unable to find the need to really speak. His touch is as cool as the wind sweeping in, comforting and welcome.

He straightens up, starting off with his morning reminders, the ones he recites every morning before going to work. You don't miss the reason for this and wonder if he had been called to work on this beautiful weekend morning. It's not unusual for both of you, whose careers sometimes require to work odd hours and overtime. So a day with no appointments or plan is rare for you. You feel a little saddened by this because you'd been really looking forward to this day. You had planned to lounge around the living room, eating meals there and probably doing a marathon of dramas or movies.

Before you're able to squeeze in a question in the monologue he's carrying on (he hasn't noticed you hadn't spoken at all), you get distracted by how he starts tucking in his shirt. You always wonder why he does it that way (but never asks about it because it's not a big deal), pants all buttoned up and struggling to get the entire hem inside. You think it'd be easier to tuck it in while the pants are ed. 

But who are you to complain, really? You actually enjoy the sight of him doing it when he's successful. Because he has the tendency to tuck it all the way in, forming a body fitting shirt that hides nothing for your eyes to enjoy. You'd think you'd be a little immune to seeing his body, knowing you've seen it multiple times already without anything on. But there was something about the way the clothing molds around him, showcasing a physique that's taken well care of (and honestly, that's lusted after by you). The other's been exercising regularly, and you can immediately see the results. His muscles are more defined and harder to your touch that you can't resist running your hands over them incessantly.

The thought twists something recognizable in your gut, and you inwardly slap yourself 'cause this is not the time to get . Not when the other is fully dressed and ready to leave. He smiles at you apologetically because he remembers promising to stay in. You were right; he'd been called to work as a favor for an office mate. You can't really argue with that, knowing how helpful and considerate he is. So you nod absentmindedly to whatever he says, shutting your eyes to will a little sleepiness back.

You feel the need though, despite not yet deciding to get up. You stretch out your limbs, feeling that satisfying crack and pull on muscles stiff from last night's shuteye. When you're satisfied with it, you curl back around a pillow beside you, snuggling your cheek against the softness. The morning air continues to be refreshing to your senses, and you hope this continues all day. You realize then that the other has fallen silent, a stark contrast on how his mouth was running off moments ago. You see him staring somewhere down your midriff, and you check as to what he's staring at.

Oh, your shirt had lifted in the process of your stretching. You get it right away, sensing the intense stare of the other on the patch of fair skin that's suddenly displayed. There were no other intentions as well for the briefs that you chose to wear last night instead of the usual boxers. Still, you aren't about to protest at the hot stare the other's shooting you. It feels good to get a rise out of him like this.

You can't help the smirk tugging on your lips as you remind him about getting to work already, for a favor that he needs to fulfill. As expected, he whines, looking like a huge human pup, saying that he doesn't really want to go. You shrug, enjoying this little teasing you suddenly find yourself doing. You don't bother with pulling down the shirt, even adding to it by lifting a leg up to trap the pillow underneath it. He narrows his eyes at you, understanding what you're trying to do. You stick your tongue out at him, before closing your eyes and ignoring the flashes of heat you're feeling because of him. 

He has to go to work, and you aren't really up to taking care of your ual drive by yourself. That's a little pathetic, in your opinion.

However, his phone rings out, signaling a message. You open your eyes just as he checks it. Then, your eyebrows rise as he grins at you, a little too triumphantly. You lift your head as he nearly rips off his shirt, and you immediately find yourself trapped underneath his gorgeous physique. His grin doesn't waver as he softly tells you that he isn't needed in the office anymore, his hand brushing back the hair on your forehead. The news makes you smile, and you rear up right away to press your mouth against his, just a little too hungrily.

As this gives way to more kisses and more intimate touches, you think that this isn't really a bad way to wake up on a weekend morning.

**END**