I'm listening

I'm listening
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You step in and it's silent. The marble floor is cool to the touch and the curtains are drawn, allowing only a slim streak of orangey sunlight to shine through.

6 o'clock. They must be out. You didn't expect anyone to be in anyway. You push your luggages out of the way, too tired to think about unpacking, and pad over in the direction of your room. Just as you were about to push down on the door handle, the door behind you opens suddenly and you yelp in shock. Someone else squeaks in surprise too.

"Hyoyeon?" You say a little breathlessly. The blonde visibly relaxes when she sees you. She gives you a lazy grin.

"Hey Tae. You're back."

"Gosh, Hyo. You almost killed me there," you laugh and she laughs along with you.

"You too," Hyoyeon teases.

Her hair is wet and a towel is still slung over her shoulder. Her face is free of make-up and slightly pinkish, implying that she had just taken a hot shower.

Hot showers. You know what it means.

"Hey," you say and Hyoyeon tilts her head slightly to the left. She looks cute, you muse. Like a puppy. "After I wash up, we can have some tea together, maybe?"

Her lips form a smile and she nods. "Be quick."
    
         
                                                              \                   
                                                    

Hot showers. It means something's bothering her. Something she wants to forget; or get over.

You squeeze out whatever water left in your hair and carelessly fling the towel onto the bed. Your pyjamas is loose but comfy around your torso and the thought of some tea warms your insides.

Hyoyeon is curled up into a ball on the sofa, hands wrapped around her mug and eyes intently staring at the television. Some cartoon show is on. You see that Hyoyeon's already made you some tea in your own mug and smile, internally thanking her. You sit beside her.

"What's this?"

"Phineas and Ferb."

"Issit any good?"

She shrugs. "I guess? I find the fact that his face is a triangle amusing, so I watch it. Oh, and also because the sister is so dumb."

You don't know what the show is about, and neither do you have a clue what she's saying, but you laugh anyway. It sounds funny. Hyoyeon has that effect on people.

"How was Shanghai?" Hyoyeon asks.

"Not bad. Ate a lot of those dumpling things; the ones with soup inside," you reply. Damn, those were good. "And how have you been?"

You see Hyoyeon stiffen up the slightest bit. She covers it with another shrug but it's too late, you've seen it. "Okay," she mumbl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter