~1~

Three Times A Day

HALUH, before you start I just want to say sorry if this isn't what you're expecting because me too, is also shocked about how it went and I just go with the flow so yay. and I didn't proof read so yay for any mistakes or wrong things there.


 

“Wait another minute. I'm sure she's going to call me back.”

 

1..2..3..

 

0. None. Nothing at all. Not even a single response from her after everything Nayeon had text. So, there she was, staying up all night, longing for the other girl's presence that, unfortunately, isn't present at the moment.

 

“Message me you idiot.”

 

She stared at her phone's wallpaper which is a picture of her and Nayeon, eating ice cream together whilst smiling widely at each other.

 

She sighed, and then tucked her head underneath the pillows, hoping to find comfort to get into her, or some sleep. Until hours passed, Nayeon eventually fell asleep too.

 

-----

 

“So, what's up?” Momo slinged an arm around Nayeon's shoulder, greeting her as usual while they walk down the corridors of the school.

 

“Nothing new except your friend probably forgot about me.” Nayeon huffed, crossing her arms as she does.

 

Momo grinned, “She didn't call you again? She's probably playing video games back there right now.”

 

“That's the problem with her! I don't know what the hell she's doing in Japan and it makes me worry.”

 

Suddenly, another joined them and linked arms with Momo, “You look frustrated. Why?”

 

Momo gave Jeongyeon a specific look and she immediately got it, “Oh, Mina.”

 

“Yeah right, Mina.”

 

“What if you try to not text her at all like, no messages-“

 

Jeongyeon's arm was met with Momo's knuckles, “Are you dumb? They're away from each other already. They'll just make themselves feel even more distant.”

 

“I don't know it's just, it's like she doesn't even have a girlfriend.”

 

The duo can feel Nayeon's frustration. Momo took note to scold Mina later when she got to talk to her.

 

----

 

Their lunch break came and all Nayeon got was a good morning which probably took ages for Mina to send. She smiled, despite the uneasiness that she feels about how they are.

 

Nayeon always told Mina that she can never tolerate long distance relationships, and that she wants Mina to be by her side always, yes, she's that greedy. But the Japanese forgot all of that when she was given the chance to go back to her home with the exchange student system in their school. Mina promised they'll be alright and she would always call Nayeon but it seems that it didn't go that well.

 

Nayeon is searching for her friends in the cafeteria, and when she saw them waving at her, she smiled and placed her phone back. Momo must've noticed this as she frowned at Nayeon.

 

“Your birthday is near Nayeonnie! What do you want for your special day?” Dahyun gleefully asked her.

 

“Nothing,”

 

“Eh, that can't be true. You must have wished something or probably anything.”

 

“Guys, really I want nothing, being beside you is fine already.”

 

Everybody stared at Nayeon, couldn't believe what they heard.

 

“You're so cheesy!” Jihyo teased the older and all of them bursted in laughter.

 

But even though she's smiling and being happy, she misses someone and wishes that she's here.

 

----

 

There was a competition and Nayeon was chosen to be the representative of their class. A talent show their teacher said. Nayeon insisted that there are far more people that is talented than her but her whole class just cheered for her with the help of Jeongyeon, Momo, and Jihyo. How could they even forget Nayeon who’s already quite popular in their school?

 

“For sure, you’d win.” Momo smiled at her.

 

Nayeon rolled her eyes, “Yeah like it would really happen.”

 

Jeongyeon snorted, “Don’t be a kill joy. You’re too popular already you know that? Lots of students were always gawking at you.” Nayeon glared at her. They laughed as JeongMo pretended to eye Nayeon.

 

“Yeah, and Mina would always growl like a dog at them whenever she caught them if they do.” Jihyo added.

 

They all froze like it was forbidden to say the other girl’s name. Nayeon sighed, Jeongyeon, Momo, and Jihyo all looked at each other as if they did something very wrong. Nayeon continued to walk but the three stayed behind.

 

“Why?” Jihyo whispered at them. The two covered Jihyo’s mouth and dragged her somewhere and Momo started to speak, “Why is it like a taboo for Nayeon when we talk about Mina?”

 

“Exactly, did the two have a fight or something?” Jeongyeon looked at Jihyo, “I don’t know anything too.” She shrugged her shoulders.

.

.

.

Nayeon was at her room, contemplating whether to tell Mina or not.

 

“There’s nothing wrong about me telling her what happened to my day, right?” She doesn’t even know why she’s this nervous when she’s just going to talk to Mina. In the end, after pacing around too much, she sat on her bed and began to message the girl.

 

NABBONGS: Mina, guess what?

 

She waited for a whole minute first before continuing to text, seeing no one’s going to reply.

 

NABBONGS: I got qualified for the talent show today at school. I just thought of having to say it to you.

 

Nayeon smiled in relief, despite her nervousness, she felt relieved that she initiated to talk to Mina. That was immediately erased though thinking if she had disturbed her or something.

 

Her phone lit up, indicating she messaged her back.

 

MINARI: That’s good I guess?

MINARI: Good luck to you.

NABBONGS: Yah you’re just going to say that

MINARI: Sorry Nayeon, let’s just talk later. I’m kind of busy.

 

Nayeon frowned. Mina is, yet again, busy.

 

She lied on her bed, pinching the bridge of her nose to calm down, it’s been too many times that Mina said she’s busy; can’t she have any other excuse now?

 

NABBONGS: Is that so? Okay, just talk to you later. Take care

 

Without her noticing, a lone tear escape and soon after Nayeon finds herself sobbing to sleep.

 

----

 

The event came and the students were busy preparing for all the things their show needs.

 

At last, it was time to perform; she can see her friends sitting at the center where she saw exaggerated moves and hear her friends’ yellings and cheers, specifically from Jeongyeon and Jihyo. Nayeon grinned, at least a bit of her nervousness was removed but it was soon erased when the announcer told them the next performer.

 

“You can do this, okay no, I can’t… Why did I even agree to this?”

 

The cheers roared louder as Nayeon’s name was said. Even if she thought of backing out now, it’s impossible, it was too late for her. So she takes a deep breath and steps out of the stage, and did her thing, singing.

.

.

.

“Nayeon unnie! You won!” Chaeyoung shouted as she headlocks the poor girl who was nearly out of breathe because of the little cub.

 

“It was really great, unnie.” Tzuyu clapped alongside Jihyo.

 

“I told you, you can do it.” Momo said from the side, clapping her hands as she said so.

 

“You’re so amazing; for sure you would garner more fans for what you did. Truly Miss Popular.” Jihyo added in.

 

“What? No.” Nayeon argued but Jeongyeon shushed her, “Yes! And because you won, you know what?”

 

“What?”

 

Jeongyeon made eye contact with Dahyun before answering in unison, “She’s going to treat us!”

 

“WHAT?” Before she could even protest, her friends were walking towards the nearby shop in their school. Nayeon laughs at how noisy and a mess they are but still she’s grateful that they’re here but she’s really missing one person right now.

 

“Oh Mina! I should tell her ‘bout what happened today!” Nayeon said in delight, she’s really excited to tell her all the things that happened today.

 

“Hello?”

“Mina! I won!”

“Huh? Who won?”

 

Nayeon was annoyed at her, how could she not remember, “The talent show, the one I told you. I won that.”

 

Her mood was turned upside down, just because of one person who she expects to remember and cheer for her but still forgot to.

 

“Really? Congrats then, I knew you could do it.”

 

She smiled; she finds it unfair how just words from that same person could also make her smile.

 

“Yeah, I did really great. How unfortunate that you couldn’t see it.”

 

“So you’re really going to boast to me about it?”

 

“Yes, and you even forgot about it, I can’t believe you. I’ve been texting you about it but you keep on replying with yes and anything just to answer me.”

 

“I did?”

 

“Mina, how could you even forget about that? What have you been doing in Japan to make you forget things?”

 

“I-“

 

Nayeon hears another person on the call, probably telling Mina to go already, she knows what Mina will say next, she memorized it already.

 

“Love, sorry but I need to go, we’re very busy at the moment, enjoy with your friends alright? Bye.” She hanged up, not even waiting for Nayeon to reply.

 

She was frustrated at how Mina is acting, she should’ve done all the things to stop her from going there but she has no right to, the only thing that makes her feel at ease about that penguin being there is that she’s with Sana.

 

She forced her feet to move because they are being numb right now; she changes her sullen expression as she joins her friends at their table.

 

----

 

“Nayeon unnie, are you alright?”

“Nope, I’m not.”

“Why?”

“Nothing.”

 

“Okay if you say so,” Momo continued eating her snacks, she was peacefully eating there not till she saw Nayeon’s devastated look. She heard mumblings beside her and saw a grumpy looking Nayeon,

 

“Okay listen.” Nayeon fixed her position and sat properly, turning to look at Momo.

 

“Mina, your best friend, my girlfriend, who’s at Japan right now, isn’t texting me. No calls or anything, really nothing. It’s been happening lately and I don’t want us to continue like this. It’s been months but nothing happens, I thought we’ll work this out but turns out she’s the one who’s backing first.” Nayeon pouted as she rests her head on her arms that is place on the table.

 

“She’s a dumb.” Momo said, after taking a bite from her bread. “I agree to that.”

 

The bell rang, and Nayeon got up first for her next subject, as she tells Momo, is hell. “Mr. Choi, isn’t it?”

 

“Yep.” She skipped her way towards her classroom and as she enters, of course, his attention is already on his favorite student.

 

“Miss Im, may I ask you a question?” Nayeon nodded, smiling but deep inside she’s ripping the man apart.

 

“Why are you late?”

 

“What!? I came early as I can. Not even a minute passed since the bell rang, I ju-“

 

“Excuses, Miss Im.” Mr.Choi said as he turns a page from the book placed on his table.

 

“Because of that, please get from my table at the teacher’s room your classmate’s outputs that you passed yesterday.” He smiled at her, giving her that angelic, comforting smile but Nayeon knew better that behind that smile was that evil spirit haunting him and is targeting her and she doesn’t even know why that man’s blood is always boiling when he sees her. The same goes for Nayeon too; if she could she would literally plan a murder on him.

 

And so, giving a forced smile on him, she drags herself towards the room, gets all of that stacked paper on his table, “That’s a mountain, I swear I’m going to bury him with those papers.”

 

Nayeon struggled as she keeps her balance, carrying the stacked papers, swaying here and there. And because it’s her lucky day today, the thin air, an imaginary object tripped her and she fell on the floor with papers scattered here and there, “Oh . How great.” 

 

She blows the hair in front of her face and proceeds to gather all the papers before they could go flying around the corridor.

 

She was expecting no one to help her, so she was shocked to see a hand placed on top of hers, getting the same paper at once, and their eyes met. “Oh! Mark ssi, thank you for that.”

 

“Let me help you, let me guess, Mr.Choi?” Nayeon chuckled as he got the answer right on the spot.

 

“Hmm, he’s a terror in disguise of a human.” Mark added, making Nayeon laugh even more. The two got all of the papers together and Mark insisted that he carry a part of what Nayeon is holding.

 

“I don’t mind, we’re going in the same class anyways. Say we’re in the same boat for Mr.Choi.” He gives a toothy smile and they strolled towards their room.

 

Momo, who was passing by, happened to witness all of this and raised a brow, “Mina you’re in great danger.”

 

She took out her phone and started to call someone. She clearly knows what that Mark is trying to do, and so if she doesn’t talk to her idiot friend who isn’t answering any of her calls now then Mina would definitely regret it later.

 

----

 

Mina was busy staring at her phone, not minding the books all messed up in her study table. Pencils were all over and also crumpled papers, she leaned back on her chair and pulled back her hair, sighing as she does.

 

Suddenly, her door was busted open when her squirrel cousin barged in without permission.

 

“Uhm, what are you doing?” Mina asked, still leaning on the chair.

 

“Saving your relationship.” Sana said as she plops down on Mina’s bed. Mina remains still, confused on what she’s doing.

 

 “So you’re telling me that lying on my bed can save a relationship? And mine? Why would I need to save mine?” Mina grinned, amused on what her cousin is doing.

 

“You aren’t talking to Nayeon anymore.” And it was quickly erased and replaced by her poker face.

 

“She’s the one who’s not talking to me.” Mina crossed her arms. Sana sat up and glared at her, “Are you kidding me?”

 

“What?”

 

“How would you expect the girl to talk to you again after all the times that she tried, you would always say you’re busy?”

 

 “I didn’t say…that?”

 

“You must be really kidding me. I would always overhear your calls and that’s all you would say, nothing more, always busy here, busy there, not lending time for her own girlfriend. She must’ve thought you don’t want to be bothered and all but Mina, she’s yours for goodness’ sake, you said to her that you would work this out together. You didn’t even listen to her when she doesn’t want you to go.”

 

“…”

 

“And Momo told me, a guy’s been trying to hit on her so reflect Mina and do what you have to do. I can’t let your relationship go down on a drain like this not when I’m the one who set you up. Nope, that’ll never happen so that’s all. I hope what I said slapped the reality out of you.”

 

Sana remained at Mina’s bed, surfing whatever it is on her phone.

 

“I ed up real bad.”

 

“Yeah you did,” Sana added.

 

“Oh god, I shouldn’t have…” Mina slammed her head on her table, regretting every action she did. She owes Nayeon real bad, she enjoyed being here and all but her attention got so distracted that she didn’t think it would bother her at all, how is she going to make up with Nayeon? She doesn’t have any idea what to do. And worse someone’s been trying to make a move on her as Momo said, 

 

“Who the hell is that guy?”

 

----

 

Months passed by with the couple still acting like that and Mina wasn’t cutting their conversation anymore but now it was Nayeon telling her that she’s probably busy and she should just rest, making Mina feel guiltier for what she did.

 

Christmas was near already and students were having breaks, Nayeon was staring at the window of her unit, and was busy staring off blankly at the snow. She went outside, being invited by her friends to hang out in the mall, eat or anything.

 

She was walking hand in hand with Momo and Dahyun, with Jihyo and Jeongyeon ahead of them.

 

It ended and they had a long day. She was walking back to her unit when Mark approached her and asked her if they could talk for a minute.

 

“Nayeon you know that I like you, right?”

 

Nayeon sighed in annoyance, “I told you I can’t return what you feel. I’m with someone and I’m happy with her. So please, just stop already.”

 

“But are you really happy with her? Nayeon she’s hurting you can’t you see? I’m the one who’s beside you not her! I’m the one who makes accompanies you and all, I did all of that and still no!? She’s not even going to return anymore! It’s been what, a year? You’re hopeless, she might have found someone there already.”

 

A slap met his cheek, and his head whipped by the force of it.

 

“You clearly know I have a girlfriend and you were doing that, and don’t talk as if you really know what’s happening. I made it clear that I only think of you as a friend. If the only thing you want from me is a romantic relationship, and not friendship which I could only give, then bye Mark.” Nayeon hurriedly walks inside her unit, closing her door in a rush, she was hurt because he really thought Mark is her friend, but he only wanted to be close to her because of something much even more.

.

.

.

“Did that girl just slap me? I’m going to have my chance tomorrow. She’s such a pain, and very picky. What the heck, I should’ve force-“

 

A punch was then thrown at him and he was knocked on the ground, “What the hell?”

 

“Don’t you dare go near her ever again do you hear me? Or else I’ll snap your he-“

 

“I-I won’t do it anymore! I’m s-sorry.” Mark ran and flees from her. Just from the way she stares at him, makes him tremble at wobble his knees already.

 

----

 

Nayeon was busy sipping her hot chocolate, wearing a Santa hat, with her oversized sweater almost covering her whole body, while watching her favorite drama. She decorate her unit with Christmas lights and all but something seems to be missing, someone.

 

In the middle of her weeping over a drama, a doorbell disturbed her sanctuary and she was annoyed because she was really into the drama. And who would even knock at the door at this hour of the night.

 

“Probably it’s Dahyun and Chaeng just messing around, yes, what’s new, it’s their habit to prank people on December.”

 

Nayeon sets down her hot choco on the table and grunts as she has to stand up to open the door.

 

“Dahyun come on its night already I…” Nayeon trailed off as she looks up and she almost tears up ooking at her.

 

“Merry Christmas, I-“

 

“You’re an idiot, idiot, idiot, idiot.” Nayeon throws herself to her, wrapping her arms around Mina’s shoulders, pulling her closer to her, “You’re an idiot!”

 

Mina could only chuckle but she wraps her arms around Nayeon’s waist too and pulled her much more, not leaving any space between them. 

 

“I miss you so much.” Mina said; finally glad to have her bunny in arm’s length like this again. Nayeon smells like home and she misses it, so Mina tightens her hold to her if that’s even possible already because basically their bodies are glued to each other now.

 

Mina started to speak up, caressing Nayeon’s hair as she started to talk, “I have a lot to apologize for you, I’m sorry for ignoring you, for not giving you time, for not having much interest, for not giving any effort, for forgetting, for all. I’m sorry for hurting you. I’m an idiot, I know.”

 

“I’m pleased that you know.” Mina snorted, and Nayeon was caught between laughing and crying. She didn’t know how much they have been away for each other but it’s been so long since she last got to hold Mina like this.

 

Just like that, all of Nayeon’s anger to Mina was gone, the moment she saw her she forgot everything around her, it felt cheesy actually but who could blame them, they have not seen each other for almost a year.

 

“Why are you wearing a Santa hat inside the house?” Mina pulled away, wiping Nayeon’s tears as Nayeon shifts her hand onto Mina’s waist, not letting go.

 

Nayeon giggled, “I forgot about that. I don’t know?”

 

“Fool.” Mina chuckled.

 

They settled inside, with Nayeon helping Mina with her things and all, arranging them now because if they would not do it, then they would definitely leave it there until they feel the ease to do it.

 

After settling down, the two were cuddled up in their couch until Nayeon’s stomach growled, and Mina, automatically stands up hearing her. “I’ll just cook.”

 

“No! Don’t leave me here, Mina~” Nayeon whined, she really doesn’t want to be far away from her and she’s that clingy when it comes to her love ones.

 

“You aren’t eating anything. Did you even cook for yourself while I’m not here? It’ll be quick.”

 

Nayeon pouted opposite to what Mina is feeling right now, she’s happy that she gets to cook for Nayeon like this again even if she is so tired, but a ramen will do for tonight, right?

 

Nayeon could smell the ramen already and rushed to their kitchen, looking at the food like it’s the first time she ever saw it on her life and she’s been hungry for years.

 

She backhugged Mina as the latter stirs the ramen, “Koala.” Mina took Nayeon’s hand from her waist and kisses it. Turning the stove off, she places the ramen and lets a hungry Nayeon devour all of it.

 

While Mina was washing the dishes, the koala is still stuck to her back and apologizes for eating all of it.

 

“I’m sorry; I should’ve saved some for you to eat. Sorry.”

 

Mina chuckles, “It’s fine, I’ve already eaten on my way here.”

 

“Anyways, if you’re here, then Sana’s back too?”

 

“Hm-mm,” Mina sighed, if not for Momo and Sana she would still be dumb and not realize all the things that are happening around her.

 

 “I’ve been terrible to you, Nayeon.” Mina’s tone drops as she says it, taking off her gloves and wiping her hands on the towel beside the counter.

 

“What? Yes, you are,” Nayeon laughed, turning Mina around, griping onto her waist, “I’m really sorry.”

 

“I understand, you’ve been really busy with all the documents, things, and chimchanggas needed but it’s already done. We just have to learn from it and moved on.” Nayeon tried comforting her.

 

Mina stares at her; she really doesn’t deserve this angel. “I love you.” She muttered, looking directly into her eyes. Nayeon was taken aback, it’s been too long to hear those words again and it’s giving her butterflies in the stomach as she hears it again, “I love you too.”

 

The two leaned in for a kiss, feeling each other again for a long time. It felt -even if Nayeon and Mina think it’s corny- magical for both to feel each other again. It felt like fireworks were exploding in her stomach and her mind was in a haze. They pulled away and looked into each other, “Don’t ever leave me again.”

 

“I won’t.” Mina kissed Nayeon again but this time it was rougher, feeling needy at the moment, her hands tangled on Nayeon’s hair while Nayeon was holding her. Nayeon earned a groan when Mina started to kiss her neck, leaving trails of purple as she did so. The atmosphere around them became hot but Nayeon noticed it stopped; she listened closer and head snores coming from Mina who is resting her head at Nayeon’s shoulder, “The penguin fell asleep.” She smiled, kissing the girl’s forehead and carried her to their bed.

 

----

 

“Wake up MYoui. It’s to rise and shine, it’s snowing again. Let’s play outside,” Nayeon started peppering the girl with kisses, starting with her forehead, nose, and even if neither of them still hadn’t brushed their teeth, Nayeon kissed her on the lips, and proceeded to tickle the girl as it has no effect.

 

“Mina come on! Wake up now, please baby.” Just with Nayeon’s aegyo voice, Mina’s eyes fluttered open and pulled Nayeon to hug her, making her a body pillow, “You’re heavy!”

 

“Good morning,” Mina smiled at her. Nayeon did the same.

 

“Good morning.”

 

“Let’s stay like this for a while, shall we? I haven’t got to wake up with a beautiful view like this.” Nayeon blushed at Mina’s words, as always she’s whipped.

 

They were cuddling as usual, and just happy being with each other, until knocks, lots of knocks were heard and both immediately knew who they were with the voices, “Open this up now! Is Mina really back?! Im Nayeon!”

 

Nayeon grunts from her bed, annoyed at the loud voices in the morning and for breaking their moment.

 

“Park JIHYO!”

 

“Let’s play here; it’s been a while since I last saw them too.” Mina said to the pouting rabbit, Nayeon hesitantly stood up, pulling Mina to stand up too.

 

“SANA’S WITH US GUYS! LET US IN WE’RE HAVING A MOVIE MARATHON IN YOUR ROOM!” Dahyun shouted, clearly not caring about their neighbors that are still asleep, the two laughed and could only look at each other. Nayeon shakes her head, “They’re crazy.”

 

Mina opened the door and all of them fell on their floor, grunts were heard as they struggled standing up but smiling as they finally saw their friend, “We have no choice do we?”