Lies

Siwoo 1: Lies

It wasn't always advantageous. 

Sure it was fun, knowing the truth behind people's words. Siyeon never gets tricked, fooled or been lied to. She's always a step forward compared to others. She doesn't hope on pointless promises, nor look forward to false words. 

 

She knows. 

 

But knowing everything doesn't help. 

 

Once, when Siyeon was seven, her mother took her to her aunt's house. 

 

"I'm going to buy you a toy. Do you want a doll or a teddy bear?" Her mother smiles as she takes her shoulders. 

 

Siyeon's eyesights turned red, signifying that it was a lie. But as innocent as she was, she just happily smiled and answered that she wanted a teddy bear. 

 

"I'm going back soon okay?" Her mother smiled again. 

 

And it turned red like before. 

 

True enough, her mother never came back. And she was left with her aunt who lives on a life full of lies. 

 

Siyeon grew up, deciding to avoid people who liked lying. She hates liars. 

 

But then she met Eunwoo. 

 

It was a brief moment. Eunwoo was a new student but she wasn't her classmate. They met eyes in the hallway and the both of them thought that nothing comes after. 

 

Fate has been a to Siyeon. 

 

Because after that, she meets Eunwoo almost everyday even if they had no classes together, and both are on different grade levels. Even their buildings are very far apart. 

 

But they would see each other by the bus stop, the hallway, the canteen, they even rode the same train home.  

 

And with every meeting, they got closer. 

 

Siyeon notes how she hasn't heard Eunwoo lie. And she smiles happily at the fact. 

 

"So...this one teacher is getting on my nerves." Eunwoo huffs in annoyance as she voices out her thoughts. 

 

Siyeon who is sitting beside her only hums in response. Too lazy to answer.

 

"He gives a homework one after another and gets angry when we can't finish it right." Eunwoo pouts. 

 

Siyeon looks at her and smiles at how cute she looks. 

 

"Because he's a teacher. That's their job." 

 

"To give homework?" 

 

"No. To make student's lives harder." 

 

They both crack up in agreement. Then there was silence. 

 

"So how's Vernon?" Siyeon asks Eunwoo. 

 

It was a common etiquette to know the upperclassmen's relationships and all. And Eunwoo is one of those popular juniors with a popular boyfriend. It's hard to ignore them. 

 

"He's fine. I guess." Eunwoo shruggs.

 

"Fine that's good or fine that's lacking?" 

 

"I don't really know." Eunwoo stares at the window, "I mean sometimes he's fine that's good but sometimes he's lacking and I guess it's normal. Love isn't perfect." 

 

Siyeon stares at Eunwoo who's just staring outside the window. She notes how the girl looks so beautiful with natural sunlight. Her face needs no heavy makeup. Her cute cheeks, mesmerizing eyes and gorgeous ash blonde hair. 

 

"You deserve the world." Siyeon suddenly blurts out. "You deserve every good thing existing. Why are you settling for something that hurts you?" 

 

Eunwoo stares at her in shock. Then recovers and shyly smiles. 

 

"I'm not that good of a person. And Vernon doesn't hurt me." She  denies. 

 

"You are. And even if you aren't, I'm willing to give you everything. And about Vernon, I don't mean it literally. I mean that he's not enough. You deserve everything and he's not willing to give that to you. He doesn't even give you his full love and support. You know it yourself but you just keep denying it."

 

They both stare at each other. Siyeon not regretting anything she said. And Eunwoo contemplating on what to do. 

 

The bus stops. Eunwoo stands up without saying a word to Siyeon. And Siyeon curses and realizes that she said too much. 

 

The next day, a news broke out. 

 

'Juniors Jung Eunwoo and Choi Hansol broke up.'

 

That was on the headline. 

 

"Aww I feel so sorry for them." One of the students said. 

 

But Siyeon knew it was a lie. That student has long been inlove with Vernon. Ofcourse she's happy for their breakup. 

 

Siyeon gritted her teeth. 

 

She quickly moved away from the bulletin board and searched for Eunwoo. 

 

She eventually found her sitting in the garden. There wasn't any people around as it was class hours. 

 

"Hey." Siyeon said as she sat beside her. 

 

"Hey." Eunwoo fakes a smile. 

 

"Were you the one who broke up with him?" 

 

There was silence. 

 

"Yeah." 

 

"Was it because of what I said?" 

 

"Yeah." 

 

Siyeon looked down, suddenly feeling guilty. She blurted those things out because she wanted to say it. She didn't think that she would be breaking a relationship. 

 

"I'm sorry." Siyeon sighs. 

 

"You're right. I mean, I saw Vernon hugging another girl. And he confessed that he had another girlfriend aside from me. I guess that's why our relationship feels wrong."

 

"Oh." 

 

"Well, he's ." 

 

"He is." 

 

---

 

Siyeon laughs as she placed icing on Eunwoo's cheeks. 

 

"You're cute." She smiles and Eunwoo blushes. 

 

"You're ugly." Eunwoo says and places an icing on Siyeon's cheek too.

 

"Yah!" 

 

The two then proceeded to play catch. Siyeon was able to grab Eunwoo's hand but they both lost their balance. 

 

They fell to the ground with Siyeon on top of Eunwoo. They still continued to laugh at each other. 

 

Siyeon kept on laughing but immediately stopped when she realized how Eunwoo was so breathtakingly beautiful while laughing with her hair sprawled out on the ground. She was having fun genuinely and Siyeon swears to protect that smile. 

 

Eunwoo then stopped laughing when she realized that Siyeon was staring at her. She looked away and her cheeks turned red when she realized that she was pinned to the ground by Siyeon. 

 

The two stand up with an awkward atmosphere surrounding them. 

 

"Uhm...." Siyeon starts, "I'm going home." 

 

"Yeah." 

 

---

 

Siyeon decides to confess a few weeks later. She likes Eunwoo. She inlove with the girl. And she's willing to take the risk. 

 

So one day afternoon, the two met at the garden. 

 

Siyeon takes a hold of Eunwoo's hands and stares intently at her eyes. 

 

"I'm inlove with you." 

 

It was a direct confession. No more long speeches or stuttering. She's decided to be blunt about this.

 

Eunwoo looks at her in shock. Her eyes were unreadable and the nervousness slowly devours Siyeon.

 

"Say something? Please?" Siyeon, for the first time in her life, pleads. Her hands are shaking. She just needs an answer. 

 

Eunwoo opens to talk. 

 

And Siyeon's world stops. 

 

"I'm inlove with you too." 

 

And really, it should have been a happy moment. Siyeon would have already shouted and felt like she was on top of the world. She should have been the happiest she has ever been. 

 

But that's not what happened. 

 

Eunwoo gives her a warm smile but Siyeon feels numb. 

 

Siyeon, trembling more than before, struggles to find words to say. 

 

"Why?" Siyeon croaks back a sob. 

 

Why? 

 

Why did she lie? Why did she lie about loving her?

 

Eunwoo never lies. The whole time Siyeon was with Eunwoo, her eyesight has never turned red because of the girl. 

 

But why...

 

That this time, the first time she lies, it's about being inlove with her. 

 

"Why?" Siyeon repeats. 

 

And really, a rejection would have been better. A straight up 'no' as an answer would have been accepted. 

 

Eunwoo stares at her confused, "What do you mean why?" 

 

Siyeon takes a minute to calm herself. She then takes a deep breath and shruggs. 

 

"Nothing." She forced a smile. 

 

Because to Siyeon, she didn't care anymore. She loves Eunwoo more than anything in the world. She'd give her everything and she'd do everything for her. 

 

And that includes having a relationship as a lie. 

 

---

 

A really short drabble from me. And  yeah, I love Vernon, and I believe that he's an angel compared to his role in this story. 

 

This is the first in my Siwoo Drabble Series. Hope you liked it. 

 

And if you have prompts of ideas for teh next drabble, please feel free to comment.