When Your Bae Is Hard At Work

Ways To Take Care Of Your Bae

 

 

Sometimes you worry about Sungyeon. No,more like all the time. You can’t help it. She is your fellow same-aged member and confidante after all. It’s not like you don’t worry for your other members too. You care for them as much as they care about you. Which is a lot. But something about Sungyeon makes you care more deeply for her. 

 

Maybe it’s her work ethics.

 

She stays cooped up inside the composing room for hours on end, you’re almost sure she’s now a hermit living inside Pledis’s building. You know she’s working hard on their next album. Their debut was a success and it’s all thanks to her hard work to put out great songs for everyone to hear. You worked on one too, but you feel that it wasn’t on the same level as Sungyeon’s. The girl had a knack for it, that’s for sure, and you’re proud of her. You just wished she doesn’t have to bear all the responsibility for their group’s music.

 

You stand in front of the door. You can hear the sounds of a catchy beat resonating from the room, and also the voice of an angel singing a line or two. You contemplate on whether or not to check in on her while she’s working. It’s almost dinner time and you don’t want her to skip out on her meals again. Nayoung unnie already reprimanded the composer a few days ago, but clearly Sungyeon already forgot about it. You sighed at the thought and proceeded to knock on the door a couple of times. The music stopped and you heard a “Yeah, come in,” from inside. You let yourself in and you see your best friend currently sitting on a comfy chair, tapping her pencil against the table as she stares blankly at the intimidating screen before her. It seems like she was stuck in a rut again.

 

"How is it going?’ you asked, putting a chipper tone into your voice. Any amount of positivity is always good, you believe. Sungyeon looks like she’s in need it, if the dark eyebags and frazzled hair were anything to take notice of.

 

"It’s going good. Great. Really at the top of my game here,” the composer snided. You almost felt a sense of pity for her. You walked up to the back of her seat and placed both of your hands on her shoulders. You can feel the tenseness locked in her body.

 

"You should take a break,” you advised her. Your hands started to knead and massage her tense muscles, and you can feel her relax from the gesture alone. “It’s gonna be dinner time soon and I’m pretty sure you haven’t had a bite to eat since this morning.”

 

An audible growl can be heard from inside the room, and you let out a hearty laugh at how perfect the timing was. Sungyeon groaned defeatedly and you thought it was adorable at how she was behaving right now. She leaned back against the chair and tilted her head upwards to look straight at you. From your point of view, you could see her eyes on the verge of being bloodshot. You couldn’t tell if it was from a lack of sleep, constantly scratching her eyes, staring too long at the computer screen, or all of the above. You frowned at her in concern.

 

"You’re working too hard,” you said.

 

Aren’t we all though?” Sungyeon retorted back. “I mean, it’s not any different from what we’ve already gone through before.”

 

Your hands wandered off from her shoulders and started to lightly massage the sides of her bare neck. “True, but you’re really pushing your limits now and we’re not even promoting anything.” You continued touching her neck. She didn’t seem to mind with how touchy you’re being with her. It looked like she was enjoying the physical gesture. “Come and eat dinner. Everyone’s waiting at the choreography room. We ordered delivery today!”

 

"Oh fine…” she heaved out a heavy sigh. “I guess the songs can wait. And I wouldn’t want to incur Nayoung unnie’s wrath again either.”

 

You can’t help but to give off a radiant smile after hearing that. Your happiness must have been through the roof cause you then proceeded to kiss Sungyeon right in the middle of her forehead. The action was on a whim, and you regretted doing that just as soon as you removed your lips from her. You wanted to apologise but to your surprise, your best friend giggled.

 

"Whoa there, Miss Yehana. Aren’t you going a little too fast?” your friend started teasing you, staring back at you with a smirk. You felt her warm hands covering yours which were still on her neck. Was it getting a little hot in here, or was it just you? “Wow, you’re blushing.” Sungyeon wasn’t going to let this go, you confirmed.

 

You moved your hands upwards to her face, and with an evil glint in your eyes, you started to pull at her chubby cheeks, much to her utter dismay. “Oh my god, stop! I concede! Let’s go for dinner!” Her cries were heard and you finally released her from her suffering. She deserved it, you thought. Your banters with her were always in her favor and it felt great to finally give your best friend a taste of her own medicine.

 

"See you there, Baesongie,” you said to her.

 

"Yeah, yeah, just let me save these songs first and I’ll join y’all in a bit,” she waved you off after massaging her own throbbing cheeks and turning back to the computer.

 

Your expression softened as you observed her for a few seconds longer. She definitely works way too hard. Before you go, you leaned in to the side and kissed her again on her left cheek this time. You left the room quickly before she even had the time to react to it.

 

You worry about Bae Sungyeon a lot, but you know she’ll be able to pull through no matter what.