kyungsoo/jongin

Drabble Collection

Pairing: kaisoo

Genre: fluff

Rating: PG13

Length: 1,8k

 

A/N: So I guess you could say I lost a bet... apparently Déjà Vécu was more painful and angsty than i thought it was :// lol soz. Also prepare your hearts because that fic was soft in comparison to what I have coming up. Anyway I promised Lizzie (At1stsight) I'd write her a fluff drabble if she won the argument, and she asked for real estate!nini with hot construction foreman!soo (with specific instructions to make him sweaty - so don't blame me, it's her fault!!). Anyway this is short and sweet, and not that heavily researched or edited. I don't think there are any glaring errors, so please enjoy~

 


 

Today is not a good day.

 

Jongin’s had just one too many phone calls and last-minute appointments scheduled to only have one cup of coffee in his system right now. And to top it all off, one of his most fickle and difficult clients has just called about yet another change to the current construction on one of the houses Jongin’s responsible for. So it’s his unfortunate job to deliver this bad news, and throw another spanner in the works for the construction foreman, who doesn’t really deserve this .

 

Correction: the really hot construction foreman who doesn’t deserve this .

 

The really hot construction foreman that Jongin might have a crush on.

 

But only might. Did he mention hot?

 

Anyway. That’s where Jongin’s headed now.

 

His tires crunch on construction site gravel as he pulls his car into the lot, parks, and cuts the engine. Stepping out into broad daylight and leaving his AC and tinted windows behind is a little unpleasant – it’s hot out today, and Jongin’s foolishly wearing a long-sleeve button down.

 

He cups a hand over his brow to squint in the direction of the workers. Baekhyun – one of them whom he knows well – is much closer to him than the others, and heads in his direction.

 

“Jongin!” he greets, with an ear-splitting smile. He’s always liked Baekhyun for his friendliness. “What brings you here today?”

 

“I need to discuss some alterations with Kyungsoo,” he says, smiling warmly at the other man. “Is he around?”

 

Baekhyun doesn’t respond directly to the question. Just turns around, and yells loudly at the group of men in assorted overalls and work pants a little ways off, gathered around a set of blueprints spread out on the hood of a pickup truck.

 

“Kyungsoo! Your favourite person’s here to see you!”

 

Several of the men turn to look at him and Baekhyun now, and one of them is, of course, Do Kyungsoo, the very object of his affections. He has sweat beaded across his brow that shouldn’t be y, and a smile that stretches across his mouth upon spotting him over at his car.

 

Jongin blushes at this entire situation. Baekhyun can be so extra sometimes, and that smile is just blinding.

 

“Be right over!” Kyungsoo calls now, handing the blueprints to another man, along with some more instructions Jongin doesn’t quite catch. He thinks – hopes – he imagines the whoop he hears coming from one of the other men as they disperse, laughing and chatting loudly to each other.

 

Kyungsoo scoops something up from the ground before he heads over – a water bottle that he twists the cap off of in one sharp movement. A little of the water spills out and over his hand as he walks, work boots loud on the gravel, but he pays it no mind, choosing instead to focus on Jongin.

 

His smile hasn’t faded at all. Jongin feels faint, and he’s choosing to blame the heat – the heat coming from the bright sunshine around them, and not that which continues to bloom over his cheeks, that is.

 

“Jongin,” Kyungsoo greets warmly when he reaches him. “Hang on a sec.”

 

He props one foot up on the front tire of Jongin’s car, and Jongin tries not to focus on the thick, muscular thigh now stretched out on display before him. But looking up proves to be a problem as well, because Kyungsoo’s got the water bottle tipped back against his lips now. His throat bobs each time he gulps, defined jawline coming into view from the angle of his chin, and droplets of sweat slide down the glistening column of a thick neck

 

Wow, it’s really hot out. All of a sudden, Jongin feels like out of the two of them, he’s probably thirstier.

 

“So what can I do for you?” Kyungsoo lowers the bottle now, and smirks like he knows. Jongin quickly rearranges his face into something more professional, and pretends not to notice as the other pushes sweaty bangs up and off of his forehead with rough fingers.

 

“Um, I – the clients.” Jongin begins, stops, and remembers himself. “They have complaints.”

 

“Again?” Kyungsoo, to Jongin’s relief, doesn’t look angry. Just a little amused and half exasperated, but certainly not annoyed. “What is it now?”

 

“They’ve decided they don’t want the living room walled off after all. They want it all open plan and leading into the kitchen now.”

 

Kyungsoo glances at the half-built house beside them, and then bites his lip. Jongin tries desperately not to find it attractive, and fails.

 

“I’m afraid that’s not possible.” he says, after a moment.

 

“Why?” Jongin blinks.

 

Kyungsoo sighs, and runs another agitated hand through his hair. He really needs to stop doing that, in Jongin’s opinion. It’s such a distraction when a guy’s just trying to do his job.

 

“Walk with me?” he asks after a pause, gesturing grandly towards the house. Jongin nods and falls into step beside him. For the sake of his sanity, he pretends not to notice the warm palm that presses into the small of his back to guide him over the threshold, but he can’t help the way his tummy flutters, a dull warmth pulsing in his thighs.

 

Within the confines of these dusty, grey, unpainted walls, Jongin breathes a sigh of relief to be out of the harsh sunlight. Kyungsoo leads him further into the house – to where Jongin knows the entrance to the living room should be, and then stops.

 

“Oh,” says Jongin, coming up beside him, and stopping too. Now he understands.

 

“Yeah,” Kyungsoo rubs the back of his neck a little sheepishly. “We already built it.”

 

“Well that’s certainly a problem,” Jongin frowns to himself. This isn’t Kyungsoo’s fault – not by a longshot. He’s just been doing his job and being efficient about it. All of the blame here falls on the clients, and how god damn indecisive they’ve been since day one of renovating this house.

 

But – well. Jongin can’t exactly tell them that unless he wants to lose a valuable client and make a bad name for himself. He’s just thinking about how exactly he’s going to (politely) explain that their most recent requests won’t be possible when Kyungsoo breaks his chain of thought by speaking.

 

“Look, if they really have their hearts set on it, it’s possible to knock this down.” Jongin looks up at him, and Kyungsoo smiles reassuringly. “It’s just going to cost more, of course, and it’ll take ages. I’m going to be away for the next couple weeks, and I don’t want my men working on a change this big without me. I can email you all the details later.”

 

Jongin nods, digesting this new information.

 

“I’ll tell them that,” he says, and then pauses. He’s far more interested in that other little piece of news. “You’re going to be away?”

 

“Yeah, my parents have been planning a big family vacation for ages,” he grins. “Can’t miss it. That would make me a terrible son.”

 

Jongin thinks that’s kind of sweet, but he can’t help but let his heart sink a little. Seeing Kyungsoo’s handsome face (and absolutely stellar thighs too, of course) is one of the highlights of his week when he gets to go to the construction site.

 

“Why?” Kyungsoo asks, that smirk appearing all over again. Jongin really hopes he doesn’t know how hot that is. “Gonna miss me?”

 

And there it is – that thing Kyungsoo always does that sounds an awful lot like flirting. Except Jongin doesn’t know why someone as downright mouth-watering as Kyungsoo would flirt with someone as shy and reserved as him. Besides, it’s never quite explicit enough, and Jongin’s never quite sure.

 

But damn it, if this is flirting, then he wants to flirt back. And oh, what the hell, he isn’t going to see Kyungsoo for another few weeks anyway. If he embarrasses himself today, he’ll have all that time to wallow in his shame and get over it.

 

So he tries his best to smile coyly (it might come off as a tad too shy for that, but it’s charming nonetheless), and glance sideways through his lashes at Kyungsoo when he next speaks.

 

“I might,” he says, and his cheeks feel even hotter than before.

 

Kyungsoo seems momentarily stunned, and Jongin worries he’s read the whole situation wrong – but then his smirk clicks right back into place.

 

“Why don’t we get coffee on Saturday then?” Kyungsoo asks, and Jongin’s heart skips a beat. “To say goodbye properly, since you’ll miss me so much.”

 

Jongin looks down at his shoes shyly, trying to stop a dumb smile from spreading across his face.

 

“I never said I’d miss you,” he teases, pushing it just a little bit more. Kyungsoo playfully hits him on the arm.

 

“So that’s a no to coffee?” The raised eyebrow is such a turn-on.

 

Jongin laughs a little, and looks up at the other man. “It’s a yes, but on condition you answer one question.”

 

“What is it?”

 

“Are you asking me on a date?”

 

Kyungsoo pauses for dramatic effect.

 

“I might be,” he says, and Jongin giggles and smacks him right back.

 

“Saturday at three?” he confirms, when Jongin recovers. Jongin nods, almost too delighted to speak. “I’ll text you the address of the café.”

 

“Sounds like a plan,” Jongin grins, right as his phone buzzes in his pocket. He pulls it out, and the screen blares too brightly with a reminder for his next appointment – showing a young newlywed couple some starter homes around the neighbourhood in half an hour.

 

“I have to go,” he sighs, because he’d really rather not. “I’m fully booked today.”

 

Kyungsoo nods in understanding.

 

“Sounds rough.”

 

“Yeah,” Jongin agrees, shifting from foot to foot. He’s feeling awkward again. “See you Saturday?”

 

“See you Saturday,” Kyungsoo confirms, smiling indulgently at him. Jongin feels a swarm of butterflies alight inside his stomach.

 

He turns on his heel to head for the front door and make his way out of the house and back to his car. But he only makes it about five steps before he feels a hand on his sleeve, tugging him right back around.

 

“And Jongin?”

 

Jongin barely manages to get out a surprised “hmm?” before Kyungsoo is very much all up in his personal space, and suddenly, there are a pair of warm, soft lips pressed to the corner of his mouth. Jongin’s breath stutters and his eyes widen – but he’s a little more prepared when the next one lands full on his lips, chaste and sweet, before Kyungsoo pulls away.

 

He realises, a little belatedly, that his hands have landed on Kyungsoo’s shoulders, and they feel thick and strong under his fingers. He feels warm, and a little dazed, but so, so elated.

 

Kyungsoo’s face is both tender and playful when he speaks.

 

“I’ll miss you too.”

 


 

A/N: I'm not active on tumblr anymore, but you can follow me on twitter, or if you're shy but you still wanna chat, leave me a message on curioscat! Comments, are, as always, much appreciated - and some of you may have noticed I've been on hiatus. I'm a little too tired to address the whole situation right now, but I might in the author's note of my next fic. Either way, it feels good to be back writing again - you can also keep an eye out for me in Gods and Monsters and Kaisoommer, as I'm taking part in both of those, and I have a couple of my own fics coming up too. xx