One

late nights

the warm glow of the small lamp and the bright emission of his computer screen were the only sources of light being employed in yoongis studio. he was working late again, as per usual, silently working on compositions and arrangements for an upcoming album. 

there was a soft knocking on the door, followed by the click of the door being opened and the sound of someone shuffling into the studio. yoongi didn't have to look to know who was there, he had the quick one-two knock and the sound of sock clad feet padding into his studio late at night engraved in his memory.

"it's pretty late jungkookie, you should go to bed." yoongi spun around in his chair to face his boyfriend, slipping off his headphones. 

jungkook was smiling warmly at yoongi, his bunny teeth biting into his bottom lip. he was already in his pajamas: an oversized sweater and gray sweatpants and his favorite iron man socks. he held a mug in one hand and cup noodles with chopsticks balanced on top in the other. his hair was still damp at the ends, it was clear that he had just gotten out of the shower. yoongi couldn't control the smile that formed on his face. he had been living in the same dorm as jungkook since predebut but he still hadn't gotten over how cute he was.

"i brought you some food," jungkook said, setting down the mug of coffee and cup noodles next to yoongi on his desk. "it's not good to skip meals." jungkook knew yoongis patterns, how he would sometimes lock himself away in his studio for days at a time working endlessly on his music, and also knew that the older male would frequently forget to eat during these times. 

yoongi planted a small kiss on jungkook's cheek. "thank you."

a light pink flush flooded into the dip of jungkook's collarbones as he pulled up a nearby chair and sat next to yoongi. "i just wanted to make sure you ate something." he sat curled up in the cushiony swivel chair, hugging his knees into his chest. "you've been in here since yesterday, and it's almost 2am. will you finish up soon? you need sleep."

yoongi chuckled, ruffling jungkook's hair. "like you should talk, you're the one who came all the way from the dorm this late just to see me." he stirred the chopsticks in his cup noodles. 

"well yeah, i worry about you, yoongi-hyung." the lamp illuminated the flush tinting the apples of jungkook's cheeks.  a timid smile formed on the edges of his lips. "and i miss you."

yoongi knew jungkook worried about him a lot, it's what brought him to his studio whenever yoongi worked late, which was quite often. yoongi now almost expected the younger to shuffle in at night. he wished jungkook wouldn't worry so much about him, though. yoongi actually worried about jungkook quite a bit; his habit of checking in on yoongi late at night mean that he wasn't getting enough sleep as he should most nights. it didn't matter to yoongi whether or not he himself got adequate sleep, he was always fine after a few cups of coffee, but jungkook's health mattered to him, it mattered to him a lot. 

he also knew that he had a needy boyfriend, jungkook always wanted to cuddle and couldn't stand being apart from yoongi for extended periods of time. which is partly what fueled his late night trips to his studio. but yoongi didn't mind, jungkook's presence was always comforting after spending so many hours alone.

yoongi cupped jungkook's cheek, rubbing his thumb in slow circles against the edge of his jaw. "don't worry about me, jungkook-ah. i'll be fine since you're here with me." he leaned forward and gave jungkook a soft kiss, tilting his head so their lips fit together. jungkook pressed back, finding yoongis hand and intertwining their fingers. the rumbling of yoongis stomach made him pull away. "i guess i should eat."

jungkook nodded and rested his head on his knees, still holding yoongis hand. they sat in silence as yoongi slurped up the noodles and sipped on his coffee. it was a comfortable silence. neither of them had to talk, they were both content just being in each other's presence, holding hands. after yoongi had finished his food, he leaned back in his chair with a sigh. he patted his full belly, eliciting a giggle from jungkook. 

"are you finished working for the night, hyung?" jungkook blinked slowly. he looked tired. 

yoongi shook his head. "just a little bit more, in gonna try and wrap up the arrangements for the chorus. then i'll be done for tonight." 

"okay," jungkook said, looking a little discouraged at the fact that yoongi was still working. but yoongi knew how to cheer him up.

"you wanna sit with me?"

jungkook lifted his head, his eyes lighting up. he smiled and nodded, getting out of his chair and crawling into yoongis lap. although jungkook was bigger than yoongi, he loved to act like he wasn't, curling up in his lap often when he worked. he weaved his legs around the elder's torso, slipping them under the armrests so they dangled over the edge of the chair. he laced his arms around yoongis shoulders and buried his face into his neck. jungkook sighed, small hums of content escaping his lips. yoongi smiled and wrapped his arm around jungkook's waist, rubbing his back in circular motions. jungkook was soft and warm in his arms and smelled like vanilla. yoongi leaned his head into jungkook's, inhaling his scent and sprinkling light kisses on jungkook's neck before resting his chin on his shoulder, continuing his work. 

"yoongi-hyung?"

"yes, jungkookie?"

"i love you."

"i love you too."

they fell back into comfortable silence, the only sound being the tapping of the keyboard and occasional clicking of yoongis mouse. at some point yoongi could tell that jungkook had fallen asleep; his breathing was quiet and slow and his limbs had slackened, his arms slipping slightly from yoongis shoulders. yoongi the nape of his neck and carded through jungkook's soft brown locks. the younger didn't stir, he still slept peacefully in yoongis lap. 

yoongi entered the final chord of the chorus, happy with what he had accomplished. he was finally done. he shut down his computer, the already dark room becoming darker as he had cut one of the light sources. he sighed, leaning back in his chair and closing his eyes momentarily. 

"jungkookie," yoongi cooed. "wake up, my big sleepy baby." he massaged the back of jungkook's neck. 

"mm... huh?" jungkook began to wake up, pressing his forehead into yoongis shoulder as he arched his back like a cat and stretched his arms. he sat up and let his arms fall from yoongi's shoulders. jungkook's lips fell into a sleepy pout. he blinked slowly, his eyes still barely open.

a tingling warmth filled yoongis chest. jungkook was especially adorable when he was tired. he massaged the exposed skin at the base of jungkook's neck, watching how the younger sighed and leaned into his touch. "kook-ah, let's go back to the dorm, okay? you have to get up."

jungkook whimpered in protest, reluctantly detangling himself from yoongis lap and standing up. he rubbed his eyes and yawned. yoongi stood up, hugging his sleepy boyfriend before leading him out of the studio and back to the dorm. 

yoongi opened the door quietly, walking him and jungkook to the room the younger had to himself at the end of the hall. jungkook collapsed onto the bed as soon as he was close enough to it. he sighed, sleep already starting to take over his body again. yoongi crawled into bed next to him, pulling the comforter over both of them. 

feeling yoongi's warm presence, jungkook instantly curled into it, nestling his head on yoongis chest. yoongi pulled him into his embrace,  jungkook humming happily, incoherent mumbles escaping his lips. he nuzzled yoongis neck and sighed. jungkooks arm curled around his slim waist, yoongi his hair in return. after moving around a little more, jungkook had comfortably tangled himself in yoongis arms. yoongi smiled and kissed jungkook's forehead. 

he loved the moments like this– the comfortable, easy moments. it gave yoongi an escape from the constant busyness of idol life. being able to cuddle and sleep next to the most beautiful boy in the world was a little slice of heaven. yoongi let out a content sigh. jungkook's warmth was making him incredibly sleepy. he buried his face in the younger's fluffy hair, closing his eyes as he grew increasingly more tired. yoongi gave jungkook one last kiss on the crown of his head before slipping into unconsciousness. 

"goodnight, jungkookie."