Purple & Pink

Guess Me, Baby
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

"Oh, EnL, you're here. Congratulations, you're accepted to join Produce 101. Better start getting prepared now. This is your chance."

 

"Puro...what?"

 

His forehead scrunched at the surge of confusing information. They're short, but why did they sound like he's being sent to the army now? Well, granted, his team had been put to rest for two months already due to the older members leaving the group, yet again, and them having completed the lengthy Japan tour schedules where they'd perform non stop on the small stages at small venues in the city, almost everyday singing, dancing and playing weird games to entertain the small crowds. The entire experience was extremely exhausting, maybe the extreme exhaustion caused some of his hyungs to call it quits, but he had fun. And somehow, he's comfortable in the group. He had no plans to leave, at least...not yet.

 

"You're one lucky boy. You haven't even been in this team for a long time, and even though I sent application for other members too, clearly you're the lucky one, to be chosen, Seokyu as well. That kid is so excited."

 

'Seokyu? What's this got to do with that kid, now? Are we being sent to the army? But...we're the youngest, and...why would he be excited for that? No...it can't possibly be the army.'

 

His mind was active, yet his blank face betrayed the hidden truth. Seeing the expectant face of his agency's president whose broad face usually hardly carry any emotion, at least not as far as he's seen the middle aged man, caused his eyebrows to raise on their own. He tried to think of something to say.

 

"Seo...kyu?"

 

"Yeah. Only the two of you."

 

'The two of us...what? Why didn't he just say it?'

 

"Uhm, schedule?"

 

"I told you. Puh-ro-dee-use one-oh-one. Mnet show...don't tell me...you never heard it?"

 

He shook his head. Well, if it's Mnet's show, it had to be quite fancy, he supposed.

 

The President slapped his own forehead. He wondered if there were mosquitoes in the president's room. Well, the building was quite shabby. But the thought still amused him.

 

"Ya, Han Minho...you're seriously not into girls?!"

 

He gulped. Whenever the president or anyone call him by his real name instead of his stage name, that means he had done something wrong. He didn't like hearing his birth name, not when he's working at least.

 

"Girls? So...is that...like...beauty pageant show? Or...cross dressing?"

 

"Oh my goodness, how can a young healthy good looking kid like you be this dense? I'm not going to waste more time. Go ask from Seokyu and be prepared, both of you. This show is huge. The whole country will be watching you and if you make any mistake, you'll be in trouble."

 

"Wait...that sounds..."

 

'...overwhelming'

 

"Amazing, right? I know. The other members are jealous of you. After this, the whole country will know you and follow your every footsteps. So, make good of your luck."

 

'The whole country will know me? Follow my every footsteps?'

 

The thought filled his stomach with acute queasiness. He wasn't even used to have people on the streets noticing him or even ask for autograph whenever he's out and about. Maybe it was because his group was never even known to begin with, and they hardly even promote in their motherland. It wasn't such a bad thing. He had the best of both worlds - getting to do what he loves and at the same time, keeping his treasured privacy. What's bad about that?

 

But now, he's supposed to be excited at the possibility of having the whole country's eyes on him? Okay, so maybe the old man exaggerated that part, but still...it didn't sound like a good idea in his ears. And why just him and Seokyu? Why not Jinu? He had the vocals...oh right, he already quit. A shame. Then, why not Ki-O? He's a really good singer too? Or why not Haru, he's their leader and can sing and rap...or Hojong? Just anyone...why him? Someone who's not even excited about this idea of being uhhh...having groupies shrieking excitedly at him offstage, and now, even more people would be scrutinizing his every move? Like...making fuss over what he wears or how he walks when he's going to convenience store? Or line up just to watch him when they saw him going into public toilet? No thanks. Way too creepy.

 

"What are you waiting for? Go! I told Seokyu to wait for you at the hair salon."

 

'What's wrong with my hair? It looks just fine.'

 

"Can't I just trade place with one of the hyungs? I think Haru hyung would be perfect."

 

"Ya, don't you understand me? Mnet already rejected them. And they accepted you, and Seokyu."

 

"Then...can't I uhh...I think Seokyu is good enough to do well on his own. He's a very self sufficient kid."

 

"Are you serious? Don't be crazy. Every other trainees and even debuted kids like you, are dying for this opportunity. Besides, how can I just send Seokyu alone after what happened to him?"

 

"Uhh...what happened to him? Is he sick?"

Please log in to read the full chapter