Day 1 - Rainy Day

Once Upon a Time, I met a Cool Guy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Day 1 – Rainy Day

 

Jinyoung exited the café with a plastic of his favourite and limited edition delicious red bean buns and a coffee in his hand. There’s a long queue for the red bean buns and he was lucky that day, to be the last person to buy them. It took him 20 km to get there only to buy the best read bean buns in town which he didn’t regret it to travel this far.

The day was raining heavily and luckily he didn’t forget to bring an umbrella. He opened the umbrella to shield himself from the heavy raindrops as he waited for a bus to come. He smiled for awhile and exhaled with content, he really enjoyed rainy days. The scent of wet surrounding, the grey colour of the clouds, the chilly winds and how nice it feels. And most importantly he was accompanied by a hot coffee to keep him warmth as well as the most delicious and aromatic red bean buns. What else did he needs?

Suddenly, an old man with a red umbrella in his hand, poked him out of nowhere. Jinyoung turned his head towards the old guy and bowed a little to him and smiled. The old man only pointed to his buns, Jinyoung was confused for a while. ‘Did he want my buns?’

The old man pointed his fingers directly at the plastic bag without saying anything. Jinyoung quickly caught what he means and handed him a red bean buns to him. Jinyoung likes to share anything he likes with everyone .Thus, he thought that maybe God gave him the chance to buy the buns only to share them with anyone, he felt grateful of it and happy to do so.

That old man accepted it and ate it like a starving man and chocked a little. Jinyoung was surprised upon his acts, he then caressed the old man’s back to make him eat the buns slowly. He even gave his hot coffee to him to digest the buns. The old man smiled brightly to him making Jinyoung smiled as well. After that, the old guy keep wanting his buns until there’s one bun left. Even that didn’t make him angry or any slight of disappointment even though he had been yearning for the red bean buns for weeks.

‘I can buy another one, this old man probably needs them more than me’ Jinyoung thought.

The old guy burped a little with content. The old guy then held Jinyoung’s free hand and said “Thank you so much for the delicious buns, young man. With you being sincerely gave me the buns, you’ll be paid for it, for having a big heart that cares for others. Listen to this carefully, whenever you have a wish, eat the last bun in your hand and say your wish. It shall become true” the old guy then left him after making Jinyoung speechless from his words.

Jinyoung’s mind was blown away upon the situation he was in. It was so unexpected and incredibly….

‘Stupid. There’s no fairy tale in 21th century for god sake’

Jinyoung might be a polite person but he was intolerable with anything that wasn’t factual. His mother used to read him fairy tales to put him to sleep. He for once believed it though, but not until he put his teeth under his pillow, hoping that a tooth fairy will come to get his teeth and give him gold in return or when he stayed up throughout the Christmas eve just to see a santa clause put his present under the Christmas tree but only to see his father woke up at 4 am to put his present instead.

Since that, any kind of fairy tales or myths are very ridiculous to a five years old Park Jinyoung.

It was very dreadful moment for Jinyoung as well when it reminds him of his parent’s death, which there’s no fairy godmother to give him his parents back no matter how high his hopes were and how tough and patience he is to endure the hardships after his parent’s death.

brushed off the old man’s words and get into the bus while listening to his playlist.

***

“Hyung, you came!!” Youngjae stood aside to let Jinyoung entered his house. “Here, let me take your coat” Jinyoung slid off his coat and handed it to Youngjae.

“Of course, I’ll come to my younger brother’s birthday party” Jinyoung smiled and brushed the younger’s hair playfully.

“Did everyone here?” Jinyoung asked while walking to the living room where the party was held.

“Yeah, Bambam came too, with a very special person!” Youngjae laughed a little, couldn’t wait for Jinyoung to meet the two. It has been a while since Bambam and Jiny

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter