Red Cherry Lipstick (Sequel)

Welcome Home, Master

You asked for a sequel and I decided I will give you one. If you will like it is another question :D I've been playing with the idea of a sequel even before I had finished the first draft for WHM or else, I wouldn't have written a sequel for sure. I had abandoned the idea somewhere along the way but because there has been requests for a sequel, here we are.
Anyways, here we are! Hope it's satisfying. I gotta warn you, though. The POV is kinda messy. Enjoy if you can :D Thank you for reading in advance!

 


 

Red Cherry Lipstick

 

A deep and heartbreaking sigh left Seongwoo's lips as he entered the entrance of his university, silentely suffering as he remembered how his saturday had ended.
 

After the euphoria of receiving Kang Daniel's holy phone number, he hastily put the napkin into his panda bag. The next guests had already come, he hadn't cleaned up the table yet and it's not like he was allowed to use a phone while working, anyway.

When he was finally allowed to kick off those horrid shoes (and nearly flip the heels into Minki's face ((he deserved it))) and gave Doyeon his panda bag, he totally forgot about the napkin. He was too busy running to the restroom to rip off the scratchy wig and to touch his soft short hair again. He ran his fingers through them and grinned in satisfaction when they were messy and all over the place but nevertheless, short and real.
His toes wiggled at the comfortable coldness of the tiles under them and he laughed in delight. He sighed contently and simply enjoyed his new freedom. He started to remove the cotton wool from the bra which turned out to be quiet the task as his dress was too tight around his chest and his hand was barely able to pull out anything. He huffed in annoyance and decided to continue at home when he was able to get rid of the dress as well.

"Wow, Ong Seongwoo. What a wild day. You were manhandled by Minki, d by a disgusting piece of , wrecked your feet and embarassed yourself in front of your crush," Seongwoo giggled and bit his fist to suppress screaming, "But still got his phone number through his friends on a nap-"

The word got stuck in his throat. He gasped and ran outside to see Doyeon sitting in a corner, counting the money. He quickly moved across the cafe and grabbed her shoulders, shaking her.

"Doyeon! Where is my bag?!"
"Stoooop, why are you so hysterical?" she whined. He let go of her but the crazy expression in his eyes scared her. Seongwoo's hair was wildly sticking out, his eyes widely opened. He looked like someone that ran straight out of a psychiatry. On top of that, he only had one left. The girl was sure she never wanted to see Seongwoo like this ever again.

"I emptied it. Was there anything important in it?"
"Yes! The napkin! The napkin!"

Doyeon looked down on the money and frowned for a short moment. He could see how her brain started working before her eyebrows shot up. She bit her lip and looked up at him in fear.

"Was it important?"

A dreadful feeling washed over him. Oh, no.

"Please. Don't tell me you threw it away."

She winced and played with a strand of hair.

"It was all crumbled and already a bit dirty."

He let out an idignant noise.

"Where's the trash?"
"Minki just took it outside before it's gonna be taken away by the trashmen."

Seongwoo hurriedly ran out of the cafe just to see the trash truck disappearing. He dropped on his knees and sat on his feet as his eyes followed the car take a right. He felt little stones piercing through the thin stockings, scratching the smooth skin of his knees. His dress spread around him like a fan.

"Hey, dude. What's the problem?"
"Minki...," he whispered and fisted the fabric of his dress.

His friend looked at him in confusion.

"You just threw away my ticket to heaven. My one and only chance to find my way to all sweetness in life. You threw away what many people in our university are dreaming about receiving. You threw away the most valuable number on campus. Hell, you basically threw away my soul."

Minki frowned at his friend who was still kneeling on the ground.

"That's one dramatic way of saying I threw away trash."
"Not just any trash. It was a special napkin with Kang Daniel's number on it."
"Wait," Minki gulped, "Does that mean I threw away this one opportunity for you to finally get over your pathetic puppy crush and get the balls to ask him out?"

Seongwoo only nodded curtly. Minki let out a screech and fell on his knees right next to his friend.

"So, now you are gonna be even worse? Crying over missed opportunities?"

Seongwoo nodded again. Minki let out a scream of despair and looked at the sky.

"What have I done?!"

 

Seongwoo didn't know what to do. It's not like he could just go up to Kang Daniel and say "Hey, sorry, your friends gave me your number but I lost it. Oh, by the way, I am the dude in the maid dress from saturday, remember me?".
He also couldn't go to Daniel's friends, how awkward would that be? But what else was he supposed to do? He absentmindedly bit his lips and walked to the library where he initially planned to spend the whole day to study for his upcoming exams. If he would, by some coincidence, see Jisung he could maybe get his together and ask h-

He suddenly felt a small hand grab his arm.

"Seongwoo, amazing you could come!"

He looked up in confusion and saw Doyeon smiling at him. He was still a bit disgruntled at her for mercilessly throwing away his napkin. Okay, so he was also a bit at fault but honestly, why would he keep a slightly dirty napkin in his bag if it wasn't important? 
He had seen the group chat of the drama department blowing up but he pointedly ignored all the messages and prefered to stuff his stomach with ice cream and chips while watching reruns of some dramas and pitying himself.

"What?"
"We need another pair of lips."
"What?"

She had a death grip on his arm and pulled him down the floor to a big ugly box with a sign on top that said "Kiss Kiss Kissing Booth". He felt his soul leaving his body as he looked at the sign. . 

"Are you ing kidding me," he grumbled.
"Well, I thought about your words and it's perfect! We can just sell our lips for a bit of money."

The older hid his face in his hands, wondering why the hell he signed up to be with this bunch of crazy people. Doyeon didn't care about his reaction and just continued talking in her usual excited tone.

"We are popular enough to probably get a few hundred thousand Won."
"Or we will look really stupid, standing in that cheap looking booth."

Yoojung suddenly popped up from behind the booth, her nose runny and her eyes swollen. She sniffed and looked ready to jump him.

"I worked very hard on it, even though I was sick! You can try building a prettier one in two days!"

The male student eyed the sign that looked ready to drop down at any second. He only raised his hands in defeat when she glared at him.

"Sorry, sorry. Great job, Yoojung."
"Who cares about the quality of the package if the content is this high quality?" Doyeon said and wiggled her fingers under her face, "But we are short on sweet and willing lips. That's where you come in," she added and smiled at him brightly.
"Who said anything about being willing? My lips are indeed very sweet, though."

The girl pouted at him and blinked at him cutely while pushing her face near his. His mouth only turned downwards even more - he didn't know how that was possible but Doyeon just seemed to bring out the worst in him - and he pushed her face away.

"Use your woman tricks on someone else. I'm too gay for this ."
"Oh, please, Seongwoo! We need the money and you know it."
"I don't feel like it, Doyeon. My weekend has been hard."
"Is this about the napkin? I already said I'm sorry! If you-if you guys are meant to be, he will be surely coming and wanting to buy a kiss as well."

Seongwoo frowned at her words and laid his hands on his hips. 

"As if. Daniel is not like that. That's just cheap. Who would even pay you for a kiss, like what the hell? You can be considered lucky if even two people come! And no, I'm not gonna help you with this stupid idea. I'm going!"
 


 

"Seongwoo, can I buy a kiss of you, too?"

Said man begrudgingly looked at the girl who in return looked at him in hope. 
He really didn't know how they always did it but he stood in the damn booth now, advertising the lips of the other students of the drama department. 
Contrary to his belief, the queue for the booth was long, way too long. At this rate, they'd have to stand around the whole day. Even changing the prices didn't scare off anyone of them. Doyeon was right, they'd earn a lot but at what price? He would miss out on a studying day, standing around and declining any request for a kiss. He was just here for moral support and collecting the money. 

They started at 2,000 Won for an innocent kiss on the cheek, 5,000 for a peck and 10,000 for a french kiss. However, consent was needed. Doyeon managed to line up basically all the good-looking kids in the drama department - which unsurprisingly were a lot. All his other friends didn't mind the kissing, since they were all aspiring actors and actresses who would have to do it in the future as well. Seongwoo tried to run away with the argument that she had enough people but Doyeon insisted him to stay and attract some people with his looks. He had to admit, she was good. She just had to compliment him on his visuals, whine about how he wants more high quality outfits as well and somehow he would give in. She's definitely going places in the future.

After they had realized all those people were very enthusiastic, Doyeon experimentally raised the prices. 3,000 on the cheek, 10,000 for a peck and 15,000 for a french kiss. 
And everyone stayed. It amazed and confused him at the same time.

"Oh, no no no. I-no. I bet Euiwoong would love to kiss you, though. Don't feel insulted, I decline every offer."
"Oh, what a pity. Even if I pay you 20,000 Won?"
"N-"
"Actually-"
"Doyeon. SHUT. UP."
"-our Seongwoo here will kiss someone! But only one person. His kiss will go to the person bidding the most!"
"WHAT?"
"Everyone, Ong Seongwoo is giving his precious lips away!" she screamed.

She took his chin with one hand and a lipstick with her other. He tried moving away but she digged her nails into his skin and he did not spend years on nutritious routines and face masks for this perfect baby skin to get any scratch or mark! She perfectly put some cherry red lipstick on his lips and smiled at him sweetly.

What a she-devil.

"An once in a life time opportunity. Who hasn't all dreamed of locking lips with our dearest Ong? Is your wallet ready?"

He opened his mouth to say anything but was interrupted by the loud "YES!" of the crowd that had abandoned the queue and preferred to form around the booth in a half-ring.

"Okay, starting with 10,000! Everyone! We are selling the one time opportunity to kiss THE ONG SEONGWOO! Look at his red lips! SO inviting! Rumor has it, the last person he kissed fainted because he was just that good! Grab the chance! Who bids more?"
"12,000!"
"14,000!"
"20,000!"
"Move aside, es! 30,000!"

Seongwoo hid his face. He hated his life. He felt like he suffered more from joining this group rather than receiving.


Actually, he did receive something.


A never ending, painful migraine.

"50,000!"
"55,000!"
"This is ridiculous. Over 50,000 only for a kiss?"
"60,000!"
"But it's a kiss from Ong Seongwoo! When will you ever have that chance again?"
"True ... 70,000!"

 


 

Kang Daniel passed by the corridor and looked confused at the loud commotion. People were randomnly screaming high sums of money like they were in an auction. Being the curious human being that he was, he slowly moved towards the mass of people. His phone was violently vibrating in his pocket. Probably Jisung asking him whether he had received a message from someone yet. His friend had been all giddy after they left the cafe and asked him every few minutes if someone had texted him. When he said no and asked Jisung why he kept asking, the older only shook his head and smiled like he knew a big secret and had to hold back from spilling the beans. Sometimes, the other was just plain weird.

Thankfully, his broad shoulders helped him pushing his way through the crowd. He was only able to see a sign between all the raised arms, telling him that the reason for the mess was a kissing booth. He snorted. What an American way to earn money. He was about to turn away and continue walking to his lecture when he heard someone next to him say a name that made his heart skip a beat.

"Wow, Ong Seongwoo must be super popular if so many people want to kiss him."

Daniel stopped dead in his tracks and looked at the booth again. There in a corner, half-hidden, was a hunched figure. How could he have not realized before that the guy that made his hands sweat and his heart beat faster was there as well? 
But if Seongwoo was here ... it meant he was kissing other people for money, right? He felt his heart dropping into his gut.

He then just registered the bidding.

"80,000! Damn that's my last."
"80,000 Won from that girl with the red hair and the blue dress. Does anyone bid more?"

Daniel's heart stopped beating for a second. This girl was about to win a kiss from Seongwoo. Her lips would touch Seongwoo's perfectly shaped ones. She would cover him with . Their lips would touch. They would switch saliva.

It send chills down his spine. He couldn't let that happen. On top of it, Seongwoo looked so uneasy and unwilling.

Like an impulse or a reflex, he said the first thing that came to his mind.

"100,000!"

Everyone turned to him with a shocked expression. He himself was stunned at his own behaviour as well. When did he even raise his hand?

"Um-100,000 from Kang Daniel, everyone! Does anyone bid higher?"

Daniel was so shocked, he didn't even notice the 'prize' looking at him with his mouth wide open. 
Murmurs around him broke out among the crowd. Lots of people sighed and whined dramatically.

"I guess not. Alrighty! Congratulations, Mr. Kang. You got the exclusive possibility to taste Ong Seongwoo's lips. Please pay first."

Seongwoo threw Doyeon a dirty glance which she ignored.
Daniel approached them silently and took out his wallet. He rubbed his nape and handed Doyeon the money. Luckily, he had just received his pay from his part-time job, so he had the money with him but unluckily, he had no money left for food now. Át least not for two weeks. , he should have actually planned this through. He probably has to annoy Jisung to feed him, although he will surely scold him for being this stupid.

But he didn't like the thought of someone forcing Seongwoo to kiss them when he looked so painfully uncomfortable. He knew it shouldn't have been any of his business. The senior probably didn't even remember him from the cafe. Ah, why was he just so weak for someone who he never had a proper conversation with?

 

Seongwoo, on the other hand, tried to calm himself down and ready himself for the next minute aka him kISSING!!! KANG DANIEL!!! HIM!! H I M! His inner 14 year old was jumping up and down on a bed, rolling around in happiness and screamed like she was attending an One Direction concert.

"You don't need to kiss me."

W H A T?

Seongwoo looked at Daniel in shock.

"I saw how uncomfortable you felt. I just ... wanted to do you a favour."

 

Daniel looked around and tried to ignore the curious glances from everyone else. All the people around them, including the acting majors, have grown silent as they watched Daniel and Seongwoo interact.

What had he been thinking? Making such a grant entrance to buy his kiss but then declining. Every fiber in his body told him he was a fool. When would be the next time he would have the opportunity to kiss Ong Seongwoo? How often had he dreamed about kissing those soft thin lips? How often had Jisung caught him making kissy faces in his sleep, drooling all over his cushions? Why did the gentleman in him have to be so strong today?

No, his mother raised him to be better. Besides, he would only be able to kiss Seongwoo because of this whole kissing booth thing.
This has never been what he wanted. Yeah, sure he wanted to taste those inviting looking lips and claim them as his.
And if the circumstances were right, he wouldn't mind gallopping into the deep sunset with both of them on a white horse as Seongwoo's arms are wrapped around his waist.

But more than that, he wanted to call Seongwoo his. He wanted him to be willing, not forced into this because some of his friends sold him out. Maybe he'd be satisfied for a few seconds but the moment they'd part, he would realize that nothing had happened because Seongwoo himself wanted it and ultimately, it wasn't something Daniel desired.

He felt soft fingers gracing his right cheek and holding his face as even softer lips quickly pecked him on his other cheek.

He turned to the person in shock, just to see Seongwoo cowering in the booth again and letting out dying noises. He slowly looked up to him, his face bright red. It strangely reminded him of saturday and only then did he realize that Ong Seongwoo just kissed him. On his cheek but he still kissed him! He lightly touched his cheek in disbelief and looked at Seongwoo in surprise before a smile spread out on his face. How could he not be smiling? His crush just kissed him! He has his saliva on his cheek!

The longer he stared at Seongwoo, the redder the older became. Daniel wanted to coo but he realized that everyone else was looking at them shocked. He cleared his throat and breathed in and breathed out, not trusting his voice.

"What was that for?"
"The-the kiss I owed you. We never clarified what kind of kiss it has to be," he mumbled and ran his fingers through his hair. He had stalked watched Seongwoo long enough to know it was a habit he would do out of nervousness or if he felt uncomfortable.

Seongwoo took the money out of Doyeon's hands, who frowned at the loss, and stood up to put it into Daniel's.

"You still don't need to pay, though. See it as a - uh - thank you for considering my feelings, yeah. Thanks."

Daniel looked at him and bit his lip. He stood in front of his crush and he looked so cute, being kind of shy. He felt like this would actually be a kind of good opportunity to finally make a move. He felt his hands beginning to sweat and his heart beat like he just ran 10 miles but he could not back down now. He had to ask him out somehow. A nervous smile appeared on his face. He slighty cocked his head to the side and Seongwoo gulped.

"A deal is a deal," Daniel said and laid the money on the booth.

Seongwoo was about to decline and repeat that he was not interested in the money when Daniel smiled at him in a way that made Seongwoo choke on air.

"However, if you actually want to thank me for thinking of your feelings-"

He saw Seongwoo gulping again. Did he, by any chance, feel as nervous as he did?

"-I wouldn't mind getting coffee together or something."

The older only gaped at him like a goldfish and Daniel's ears grew hot and red by the seconds. The younger cursed at himself for randomnly asking him like this and, even worse, in front of everyone. Oh, god. He would get rejected in front of all those people. Great. Perfect. Splendid. Sweet motherf-

"I-I mean ... I don't want you to think I am forcing you into this because, ah, you owe me anything or something. Because you don't! Really! I'd just-if you want ... to...," he stuttered and let the last part of the sentence die down as he made nervous gestures with his hands. His voice was barely a whisper at the end and he felt sweat forming on his forehead, too. His heart was beating like crazy. This day was not good for his heart.

He grew even more nervous when Seongwoo only continued looking at him with his goldfish expression. It looked a bit like his soul had left his body. Daniel was so close to running back home and hiding under his blankets till Jisung would come and kick him out of his bed.

He saw Doyeon rolling her eyes and muttering something about the business slowing down and Seongwoo being useless and pushed the older into Daniel's arms which moved on their own; they wrapped around Seongwoo's thin waist as he older crashed into his chest. It reminded him of saturday yet again. 
Daniel felt like pressing Seongwoo even closer to him to smell the sweet fragrance he normally would only smell as they would pass each other in the corridors. He fit so perfectly into his arms, like they were solely made to hug Seongwoo.

Daniel looked down at the flustered Seongwoo who seemed to be desperately trying to hide his face. The younger suppressed a laugh. He just wanted to run his finger's through Seongwoo's hair and gently lay his head on his shoulder or something, so he could hide him from the other's curious stares.

Even if Seongwoo looked like he would rather want a black hole to appear and swallow him, he did not move away and for a second, Daniel was afraid the other would be able to hear his treacherous fast beating heart.

"I'd love to," he quietly whispered and looked at Daniel with big eyes. He shyly tapped his forefingers continuously and a slight pout graced his lips. If they would have been in one of those cartoons he religiously read, there would be a drawing of his heart jumping out of his body.

"R-Really?" he asked disbelievingly. Ong Seongwoo agreeing on a date with him? Could this be? Was this actually real life? He wouldn't wake up with drool on the corners of his mouth?

Seongwoo wordlessly nodded his head and Daniel registered the people around them gaping and gasping but all he could focus on was the little smile that started to appear on the older's lips and the way his eyes seemed to glow.

He nearly adapted the other's goldfish alter ego before realizing he actually had a reason to get Ong Seongwoo's number now. Oh, god. He's getting Seongwoo's number. He's gonna go on a date with him. He is actually holding him in his arms right now!

And he was 100.000 poorer but , it was worth it!

He reluctantly let go of Seongwoo and and he was pretty damn sure the little smile fell a little. Daniel choked. Did it mean Seongwoo liked it in his arms? In his arms? For real? His???

His hand was shaking with excitement as he unlocked his phone and handed his phone to Seongwoo.

"Please, uh, can I get your phone number, please? Oh, sorry, just one 'please'. So, I can contact you for the d-date?"
"Ah, yes! Of-of course."

As he saw Seongwoo typing his number into his phone, Daniel wondered how this day, which started so dreadfully (it was monday after all), turned out to be the day he would get Seongwoo's number. He was one step closer to fulfilling all of his dreams. He would eventually get together with the older, they would graduate, have stable jobs, adopt five baby kitties-

The acting major wordlessly handed him his phone back and Daniel felt his heart drop again when he looked at the screen. Not (only) because he had just received Seongwoo's number but because his lecture had started 10 minutes ago. .

"Oh, damn. I'm late!," he gasped, "I-I'll definitely text you later, okay?"
"Sure, I'll-," Seongwoo abrubtly stopped his sentence and shook his head. His cheeks were painted a soft pink again. He looked so pretty with his rosy cheeks, Daniel felt his knees weakening.

"Okay, go. I bet your professor isn't gonna be happy."

Oh, no. He wouldn't. Professor Kim was notorious for being strict. However, Daniel only smiled at him and turned around to run through the crowd that still stood around for some reason.

"Ah, Daniel!"

He turned to Seongwoo in confusion. Oh, god. Did he already reconsider going out with him? Please no, he had already started thinking of names for their baby kitties-

Seongwoo had walked around the booth and his hand gently grabbed Daniel's arm. He pressed a soft kiss on his cheek, right next to the spot he had kissed him previously.

"This one's for free."

And Seongwoo's smile was so bright and radiant, Daniel was sure his death would be because Ong Seongwoo stole all of his breath.

"Now, run!"

He nodded in a daze and threw him his biggest smile. He ran to his lecture and was sure his mouth hurt from violently being pulled up without a break but at the same time he just couldn't stop. He quickly apologized to the professor and proceeded to walk the ranks to sit next to Jisung and Jonghyun. Everyone was starring at him weirdly but who wouldn't if some dude just dared to come late to Professor Kim's lecture, smiling like a maniac? Jonghyun was busy listening to the professor and writing down notes, a whispered hello leaving him as Daniel settled down next to Jisung who was also facing the front in disinterest.

"Jisung, please feed me the next few days," he chuckled. 
"I've already done that the last ye-"

The older frowned and turned to his friend but gasped when he looked at him, his words dying in his throat.

"What happened?"

Daniel only giggled to himself and shrugged while taking out his book and writing material. He would tell them later.

Jonghyun looked up from his notes to look at Daniel when he heard the weird laugh and raised his eyebrows at him before turning to Jisung in confusion.

"Is he into people with red cherry lipstick now?"