Taehyung scenario: you are sick and throw up one night which causes Tae to automatically think you are pregnant

Ethereal Imagines

“No, you don’t get it, Jungkook. She’s vomiting,” Taehyung whispered over the phone to your brother, in hopes that you won’t hear, “You know what that means?”

 

Jungkook groaned from the other side of the line. “Hyung, it’s goddamn three o’clock in the morning. Let her vomit if she wants to. Stop bothering me about it.”

 

“How can you say that?! She’s your elder sister!”

 

“She’s only five minutes older than me, okay?” he snapped back and then added, “Look, I’ve seen her throw up a lot of times before alright? She has indigestion problems. Just take her to the doctor tomorrow for check up and she’ll be fine.”

 

Taehyung didn’t want to believe what the younger man said. He wanted to believe that you conceived. That would be the best news of his life. He couldn’t wait to be a dad. He wanted mini you and mini him running around in the house, testing your patience. He liked that awfully cute idea. Just imagining you go red from all the frustration and anger was already making him smile like a weirdo.

 

“I think she might be pregnant,” he mumbled.

 

“Ew, what have the two of you been doing?”

 

Taehyung sighed. “She’s my wife.”

 

“Don’t discuss your life with me. Hang up!” he yelled, traumatized and hung up. Taehyung tossed his phone to the bed-side table before getting up to check on you.

 

He softly knocked on the bathroom door, as he heard you vomiting your guts out. “Honey, you okay in there?”

 

The only sound that came was a weak “I’m fine” and then again loud vomiting sounds. He huffed a sigh and tried to open the door.

 

“Honey, let me in.”

 

“Tae, just go. I’m fine. I can hand-” you couldn’t finish the sentence as you started throwing up once again.

 

“You’re clearly not fine in there. Just open the goddamn door and let me in!”

 

You hesitated a bit. You hated vomiting and you really didn’t want him to see in such a ugly state, thus the reason to not let him enter the bathroom. But his concern was getting in your way and you didn’t want him to worry unnecessarily. So, standing up from the floor, you walked over to open the door. As soon as the door opened, he dashed inside embracing you in a hug.

 

“You okay?”

 

“Stop holding me so closely. I’ll probably get bile on your shirt,” you said, trying to release yourself from his hug.

 

He let you go and walked over to the basin. He filled up a cup with cold water and handed it over to you. “Here, gargle your mouth with it. And splash some water on your face. You’ll feel better.”

 

You wanted to argue that you were not a kid but weakness got the best of you and you did what he said. Damn it, vomiting is tiring.

 

“Thanks,” you said, handing him back the cup after gargling.

 

Just when you felt you were okay, the same sick feeling in your stomach made up to your throat and you pushed him away, hurrying your way to the toilet. He patted your back comfortingly while you vomited. After what felt like eternity, you finally felt good and the stomach pain faded away. However, you weren’t sure if you really okay, so you held on to the toilet seat like your life depended on it, while sobbing.

 

“I hate my indigestion problem ing so much,” you sobbed quietly as he soothed your hair. “Tae, why was I cursed with indigestion problem? Why can’t my stupid digestive system function properly like normal people?”

 

He didn’t say anything and his hands made his way to your shoulders, gently massaging them. Comfortable silence surrounded the both you and you decided that you were finally okay.

 

“You know I think it’s not stomach problem,” he said slowly, “You might be pregnant.”

 

It took you quite a time to process what he said and when you joined the words together, you gaped at him. “What?!”

 

__

 

No matter how many times you told him that it was just stomach problems, he wouldn’t listen. He was adamant on his theory of you being pregnant. And thus he dragged you to the hospital for a check up; even after your pregnancy test proved negative.

 

“Tae, you’re just getting your hopes high for no reason. Even I want a baby but I’m clearly not pregnant,” you reasoned with him as he read the “The Book For Handling Babies For New Parents”.

 

When you realized he wasn’t paying attention to you, you shook your head lightly and picked a Mother’s Weekly magazine. Taehyung’s happy and giddy nature to be a father was making you smile and you had to hide your face in the book, in case someone was staring at you and thinking why the were you smiling to yourself. You had to admit: he was being a total cute . It was no doubt he’d be the best father in the world to your kids. Since he is also kid-like, children immediately take a liking to him. And a man who is good with children is one of your weaknesses. But you knew you weren’t pregnant and it broke your heart thinking how sad he would be while taking this news.

 

“Mr. and Mrs. Kim Taehyung, it’s your turn now,” a nurse informed and you two made your way to the doctor’s room.

 

As soon as you two entered the room, Taehyung plopped down the chair and complained to the doctor, “Hyung, we’ve known each other for more than five years. How can you make me wait this long? We’ve been waiting for three hours straight!”

 

You and Jin shook your heads. “It’s only been 30 minutes. And just because we know each other doesn’t mean I’ll easily pave in your way here. There are rules in the hospital and you need to follow them. I’d even make the President wait for a check-up,” Jin told him as if he was giving a lecture to an unruly teenager about “good use of medicinal drugs”.

 

“Yeah, yeah, blah, blah.”

 

Jin again shook his head and turned to look at you, “How do you even deal with this little piece of 24/7?”

 

  1. I don’t know,” you said with a shrug as you took the seat next to your husband.

 

“Not you too, babe!” he said with a pout and you tried containing your laugh.

 

“Okay, let’s get started,” Jin said as he made his professional posture and started asking you questions regarding your health. “Let’s get a quick check-up done. Nurse, please take the patient to the check up room.”

 

The nurse obliged to what Jin said and you followed her to the next door room.

 

As Jin was standing up, Taehyung looked at him with his box shaped smile and asked enthusiastically, “Is she pregnant?”

 

“Well, it’s too early to tell. Plus, none of the signs seems like pregnancy signs… but let’s see, yeah?”

 

__

 

“Hey, it’s okay, babe,” you said trying to make a sulking Taehyung feel better.

 

It turned out that you really had indigestion problems. It was a problem you had since you were a kid. So, you weren’t surprised but seeing Taehyung’s face broke your heart. And it also took Jin a lot of thought to breaking to him that he won’t be a dad now.

 

“Tae, please cheer up. I can’t stand seeing you so sad.”

 

He didn’t say anything as he rested is head on your lap and stared up in the ceiling. He was so excited. He wanted to be a dad as soon as you two got married. He just loved children so much. But he mainly didn’t want kids just because he liked hem He wanted children to start a family with the love of his life and that is what he craved for most in this whole wide world.

 

“Sorry,” he apologized after a few seconds and you frowned.

 

“Why are you apologizing?”

 

“For getting my hopes high. Sorry. I should have listened to you when you said it was a stomach problem.”

 

You sighed as you rubbed his forehead. “It’s not your fault, alright? Don’t beat yourself up about it. Plus, we can try it ag-”

 

He didn’t let you finish the sentence as he sat up straight and turned around to face you in a swift motion, “Really?”

 

“Um, I mean, yeah. We can always try, right?”

 

He pecked you on the lips lightly and smiled. “Why not get started now?"

 

                                                                                                         THE END

__

Hope you liked the first story! <3

- Nora xoxo