싸펑피펑!

싸펑피펑!

 

 

 

Alright, so Heechul finally agreed to go on vacation. I really wanted him to travel with me somewhere but he would always decline. I work for a large travelling agency, therefore my business trips lead to the countries all around the world. I always ask my lover to go with me but he´s not interested in travelling. I believe it´s just him being sulky because I´m often away from home. The truth is, although I really love visiting new places, I do miss him on my journeys. This time around, though, he agreed to go with me. I took some days off after I had finished my business.

The place where we were travelling is called Rajasthan, India. It´s the largest state of India, located on the west of the country. I had business to attend for the first three days but after that I was free to spend some time with Heechul. Actually, to spend the time according to his wishes. He deserved some spoiling from me, I didn´t have much time for him these days and I felt incredibly guilty.

Heechul wanted to see Bhangarh, a pre-historic site where was built a city in early sixteen century. Since the famine of 1783 the town has remained uninhabited. The Bhangarh Fort was built by Man Singh I., and it´s still well preserved. But by the time we got there, it was already very late. The sign read, that it was forbidden to enter the place in between sunset and sunrise and I had creeps just thinking about the reason for it. As for what I´ve heard, Bhangarh was the only archaeological site without any survey. Apparently, no guard had the guts to sit in there. It was haunted!

“What are you doing?” I asked Heechul who obliviously walked past the sign.

“Nobody is guarding this place,” he rolled his eyes,“we went all the way here, let´s see the fort.” I knew that persuading him would be useless.

“Wait for me,” I jogged to him with shaky legs but he only snorted.

We entered through the main gate, in the setting sun the remaining ruins of the city looked welcoming. But I knew that the warm sight wasn´t permanent, in the dark this place shall become much more frightening. I decided to stick to Heechul who was, although not obviously, the older one of us. He had the vibe of a protector.

“Something´s off,” I rubbed away the goose-bumps.

“Your hair,” Heechul only laughed and smothered some strands away from my face. I sighed and tried to pull myself together.

Behind the main gate were Hindu temples, the most imposing was the Gopinath Temple with all the carvings on the sandy yellow stone. But the yellow colour began darkening with the lack of sunlight, until the temple was painted in deep blue. And at that moment I felt as if somebody whispered into my ear.

“Did you hear that?!” I asked frightened.

“Hear what?” Heechul turned to me calmly.

“It was like a whisper, some kind of strange mumbling,” I tried to describe my terrible experience.

“Must have been your stomach, I told you not to eat that spicy dish,” Heechul only chuckled and even patted my cheek. Does he think it´s cute when I´m frightened to death, or what?

“I´m sure it was a ghost, Heechul,” I told him when he began walking again.

“Ghosts don´t exist, Hyukjae,” he snorted but when I didn´t seem to calm down, he took my hand in his. And it worked, as always.

From the outside I might have seemed like the more responsible one and it was true to some point. It was me who was taking care of bills and who would clean our flat, Heechul moved in with me five years ago. But I depended on the older man a lot, to be honest. I wasn´t the type to show my affection much and I was grateful that Heechul was the exact opposite of me in that aspect. I got reminded of this while squeezing his hand.

We decided to change the course a little, getting closer to the remains of the Jauhari Bazar. It was previously a market place. The once loud market was now deadly quiet. Although the quietness was a little unnatural, I felt glad for it after hearing the whispering voice earlier. But at that point I didn´t know yet, that much worse apparitions are about to jump out. My eyes widened and I squeezed Heechul´s hand so hard that he yelped. A woman in ancient clothes just walked through the market before disappearing around the corner.

“What?” Heechul took away his hurting hand.

“Don´t you see?” I pointed to the market but the apparition was by now gone.

“Looks like an ancient market, you want to go take a look?” He asked as if nothing.

“No, definitely not,” I shook my head wildly, “I swear I saw a ghost, Heechul!”

“That must have been just an animal,” my lover chuckled, “or the moonlight.”

“You can´t be serious,” I whined.

“Are you tired, Hyukjae?” Heechul blinked his eyes, for the first time honestly concerned. “Maybe you are over-worked.”

“That´s not it,” I sighed, giving up all together on convincing Heechul about the existence of unnatural. Instead, I opted for quiet prayers. Let this be over soon.

Following quietly behind my lover to the building at the far end of the city, the Royal Palace. By now I was already frightened to silence and it kind of amused me that Heechul was happily singing a girl group song. I persuaded myself that as long as I´m with him, nothing bad could possibly happen to me. But I was wrong, I realised that, when the worst thing in the world happened.

“Hyukjae, calm down,” Heechul rolled his eyes when he saw me tiptoeing timidly behind him. “Ghosts don´t exist.”

“Don´t say that, you will make them mad,” I whispered but my lover only snorted.

“Oh great demons and bloody ghosts! If you are here, show yourself! Hit me, oh you cowardly apparitions, 싸펑피펑! Dance with me, pick me, pick me, pick me up!” He was jumping around the gate.

“You are terrible,” I whined through my teeth, “don´t provoke them!”

“Ugh,” Heechul whimpered the moment he stepped into the ruins of the Royal Palace.

“Are you alright?” I asked him worried. Maybe he twisted his ankle or crossed paths with a snake. It was night after all and various accidents could happen in the darkness.

देना,” he mubmbled and I had no idea what it was supposed to mean, I frowned.

“Heechul, this is not funny,” I got mad at him because I thought he was messing around with me. Yes, I was scared of ghosts but that was nothing to laugh about.

मेरा,” he croaked in a voice that definitely wasn´t his. I felt shivers down my spine, I suddenly realised that this was no joke.

Then Heechul turned around and his eyes were white, as if turned backwards. I felt like I just swallowed my own heart. It was thumping deep in my stomach, my whole body trembled from fear. He was possessed! Somebody took my lover away from me! Talk about having the worst nightmare coming true. My body froze from shock of my ultimate fear and it seemed like it would never thaw again. But that couldn´t do, I fought with myself, I had to get him back. Anyhow!

“Hey, where are you going?” My numb legs finally moved when I saw Heechul walking away. “I said stop!” I pulled on his sleeve. No matter how much I was scared, I couldn´t let the ghost lead Heechul into the darkness of nowhere.

प्राण ले लेना!” The strange voice coming from Kim Heechul yelled at me from the bottom of my lover´s lungs. I guessed he was cursing me as he even shoved me away.

But I wasn´t letting go. Over and over again clinging to my man with tears in my eyes. I begged him to not go and I begged the ghost to let go. I even tried begging in English but to no avail. The ghost had perfect possession of the dearest thing in my life. I felt my insides being torn into pieces and it wasn´t anything supernatural, it was a hearbreak. I was desperate.

“Heechul, wake up!” I wasn´t going to give up now, no matter what! “Wake up, you bastard!”

Nothing.

“Fine! I will beat the ghost out of you!” I warned and with all my strength pulled on Heechul´s shirt until the man fell down on his .

I kneeled between his legs and held his face between my palms. Heechul´s eyes were scarily turned backwards and his lips were mumbling something incoherent and possibly even ancient. The moonlight was making his white face pale, his colourful clothes were dark blue. I slapped him across his face hard.

“Do you hear me? Wake up!” I yelled and slapped him again. I was crying really badly and praying to just any hope that crossed my mind.

And then Heechul closed his eyes tightly and the next time he opened them, it were those dark orbs I knew so well. Thanks god, I fell into another crying fit and hugged him. Heechul seemed to be surprised by my sudden show of affection and hesitantly hugged me back. Sitting in the middle of Indian ancient ruins, I cried my heart out on his shoulder.

“I love you!” I coughed.

“Hey, hey,” Heechul cooed, patting my back, “what´s with you?”

“Don´t let go,” I mumbled and gripped his shirt.

“I won´t, I won´t,” Heechul kissed my temple many times before I could regularly breathe. “Will you tell me what happened?”

"Yeah, but get me out of here already," I sniffed, still holding onto him with all my might.

"Of course, come on, get up," Heechul gave me a sympathetic smile and kissed my cheek one more time.

We gathered ourselves from the ground and began walking back to the main entrance. I tried to tell Heechul everything, from the way his voice sounded, to how hard it was to wake him up from the ghostly trance. I couldn´t help myself but cry again a little, fortunately, Heechul didn´t let go of my hand and I calmed down soon.

The sad thing was that my lover didn´t believe me even a little bit of what had happened. He was much more careful with his words than before but it was apparent that he didn´t think he went through something unnatural. He probably just slipped and with me being sensitive and scared, the whole possession act was created in my mind. I didn´t argue with him, he could have been even right, only held his hand with contentment.

 

“So, you say you slapped me?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The End

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hey! It´s been a while since I wrote some HeeHyuk! I had this story in store for possibly EunHae but then I got a sketch from my friend and decided to use it for Kim Heechul instead. I hope you liked another ghostly story with Heechul and Hyukjae! I´m so excited for their comeback, I hope Sungmin joins too! Thank you for reading and have a nice day! - PandaHero