Confessions

It Was You All Along (Taekook/Vkook)

Third POV

Jin, Yoongi, Hoseok, and Taehyung were at one table while Namjoon, Jimin, and Jungkook were at another. Jin and Jungkook discussed what had happened the previous day.

Taehyung couldn't care less about hearing Jin talk about Jungkook just like Yoongi, who fell asleep after eating his lunch even though he had slept in all of his previous classes. It's not that he hated him or some other reason. It's just that he doesn't want to make any new friends at the moment when he's at his worst stage.

However, Hoseok listened to everything Jin was telling him. He too wanted to meet this Jungkook guy. He wants to get to know him more and become friends. Jin talked the whole entire lunch time.

Meanwhile, Jungkook explained in details to Namjoon and Jimin what exactly happened. They were shocked as Jungkook was when they heard that Jin had the same feelings towards Namjoon. Except for Jimin, he was shocked that the plan actually worked. He was so sure that it would backfire but then again it was Jungkook who came up with the plan in the first place.

So then they discussed the next part of the plan. Of course, Jimin had ideas that were totally going to fail even if he said that it was bulletproof. All he said was Namjoon should just confess his love. He earned a hit on the back of his head from both Namjoon and Jungkook.

Unlike Jimin, Jungkook told Namjoon that he should hang out with Jin like he has in the past, but he should give him some hints and look at his expression to determine if he really likes Namjoon back. "What kind of hints?"

"You know like when you guys are walking together somewhere just "accidentally" brush your hand with Jin's and glance at his reaction."

"Oh, ok. I thought you meant like a romantic date."

"Namjoon hyung, you could do that after you had confirmed that he likes you back. You're starting to think like Jimin hyung."

"Hey!"

"Sorry Jimin hyung, but it's true."

"Urgh, whatever. If this fails then that proves my ideas were right."

"Jimin hyung, it still doesn't because we know for a fact that it will fail. And my plan didn't fail last time, so what makes you think it will this time?"

"Whatever, it almost failed, though."

"But it didn't because I was too smart." Jimin stuck his tongue out at Jungkook and Jungkook did the same. Namjoon just rolled his eyes at the two and use the rest of lunch to secretly steal some glances towards Jin.

Namjoon's POV

In half of my classes today, I couldn't focus at all. Luckily, I'm smart enough to do my homework without any help. I guess I don't have to worry about the homework. My thoughts continue replaying multiple scenes of the worst case scenarios that could possibly happen if Jin hyung rejects me.

I'll be honest with myself, I'm terrified that I'll make a stupid mistake and loose Jin hyung forever. Should I really listen to what Jungkook suggest me to do? Does Jin hyung really feel the same way I do? What if he's just confused about his feelings? I just want to go home and bury myself. Why did I fall in love with him? I know why but why?

*time skip*

I met up with Jungkook and Jimin after school. We usually walk home together whenever both Jimin and I aren't busy. As we walked, Jungkook persuaded me to be a man and make the first move. He's right, I can't keep having this one-sided love forever. I'll just end up hurting myself if he finds the one and I'll regret it if I didn't have enough courage to confess.

We reached the spot where we all took different paths and bid each other goodbyes while Jimin and Jungkook wished me good luck. I strolled down my neighborhood while looking at people who pass me looking all happy with their loved ones and friends having so much fun. I wish Jin hyung and I can be that happy someday. I gathered all the courage I had and texted Jin hyung if he wanted to hang out later at around 7 pm.

Jin's POV

On my way home from school, I got a text from Namjoon asking if we can hang out later today. I really wanted to stay home for the rest of the day in an attempt to get rid of this headache. Man, I shouldn't have drunk so much yesterday. If it were Yoongi, Hoseok, or Taehyung I would definitely say no. However, seeing that it was Namjoon, there's no way I could decline. He has always been there when I needed him the most, so I agreed to meet up with him.

When I got home, I went straight to the bathroom to find a pill to relieve my headache. The medicine made me sleepy real quick. I set an alarm to wake me up just in time to hang out with Namjoon. I hope this headache is gone when I wake up. I slowly felt my eyes closing and went to dreamland.

*time skip*

I was having such a nice dream when my alarm woke me up. "Aww, I was just about to-" Buzz Buzz. It was a text from Namjoon saying that he'll be here soon to pick me up. "Urgh, I totally forgot. Good thing I was smart and set an alarm." I quickly took a shower, got dressed, and wait for Namjoon to arrive.

Third POV

Namjoon arrived at Jin's place and knocked. Jin opened the door and smile his handsome smile at Namjoon. "So, where are we going?"

"Oh, well I was thinking that we would go see if your favorite store has any new Super Mario action figures and then maybe walk around a bit."

"Oh, ok. Sounds good. Let's go?"

"Yeah, Let's go." Namjoon and Jin walked to Namjoon's car and got in. Jin was surprised that Namjoon still has his car.

"You didn't destroy your car yet?"

"Jin hyung, I don't destroy everything that I touch."

"Oh, really Namjoon? What about the time you broke a pair of sunglasses when you were putting it on?"

"Hey, a car and sunglasses are two totally different things." Jin chuckled at Namjoon's response.

"Yah! Don't laugh."

"Sorry, Namjoon but I couldn't help myself."

"Well, whatever. We're here."

*time skip*

Jin was disappointed that the store didn't have anything new for him to buy, so they decided to leave. Namjoon drove around a bit and soon he parked his car in front of a park. The exact same park where they usually go to when either one of them had a problem and the other would be there to comfort him. Little did Jin know that Namjoon was there whenever he was upset, but never called Jin to come and comfort him when Jin was the reason he was upset in the first place.

Jin's POV

As we strolled around the park, it reminds me of the past and how Namjoon was always there for me. Now that I think about it, I've never seen Namjoon upset or complained about anything. I returned back to reality when Namjoon's hand accidentally brushed mine and he apologized. I chuckled and said it was ok. I felt my cheeks heat up and my hand which Namjoon accidentally touched was still warm and the feeling of his touch still lingers. I'm glad that it's dark outside otherwise it would be awkward.

*time skip*

Namjoon drove me back to my place and walk with me to my door. "Goodnight Namjoon."

"Good night Jin hyung." As I was about to walk inside Namjoon stopped me. "Wait! Jin hyung. I want to tell you something."

"Sure."

"Ummm...Jin hyung..."

"Yes?"

"N-nothing!"

"Namjoon, you know you can tell me anything."

"...How do I say this?...I-I've been in l-love with you for a long time now and I know you'll be disgusted, but I w-wanted you to know my feelings towards you. I'm not expecting you to return my feelings. I'm totally fine with us being friends, but...if we can't go back to how things were I understand....I'll leave you alone if that's what you want. Goodbye Jin."

Namjoon turned around and walk back to his car. I watched him drive away until he was out of sight. Oh, Namjoon you can be dumb at times. Why would you confess and walk away without hearing my answer? You jump to conclusions too fast.

I went inside and change my clothes. I lay down on my bed and replayed everything that happened earlier. Then that's when I realized that I like him too. I quickly grab my phone that was on the nightstand next to my bed.

Namjoon's POV

Ok, Namjoon this is it you can't back out now. I exited my car and walked around the park with Jin hyung. As I look around, it brought back so many memories. I remember Jin was upset multiple times and I was always there to make him feel better. Will I be able to there for him even after he knows my feelings? I would always have these types of thoughts whenever I was here sitting on the same bench that was now a few meters in front of me. I know that if I called Jin when I'm upset he would definitely comfort me, but if he does that it'll only make me cry harder.

I decided to take the risk and 'accidentally' touch Jin hyung's hand with mine. As I apologized, I definitely, for a brief moment, saw Jin hyung's face turn slightly pink. Is this really happening? Can somebody pinch me? Oh wait never mind I can still feel the warmth of the spot where I touched Jin hyung's hand. This is not a dream!

We continue to stroll around some more while we talk about the past and how much fun it was. Sadly, it was finally time to drive him back because he'll be angry at me tomorrow if he didn't get enough sleep tonight. Before I knew it, we were already there. I was disappointed that time flew by so fast. I wish time can slow down or stop completely.

I wanted to spend more time with him, so I walked him to his front door and we exchanged goodbyes. You know what? I should just confess already. I don't want to continue to hurt myself like this. "Wait! Jin hyung. I want to tell you something."

"Sure."

"Ummm...Jin hyung..."

"Yes?"

What am I thinking?! I can't do this! "N-nothing!"

"Namjoon, you know you can tell me anything."

Hmm...well here goes nothing. "...How do I say this?...I-I've been in l-love with you for a long time now and I know you'll be disgusted, but I w-wanted you to know my feelings towards you. I'm not expecting you to return my feelings. I'm totally fine with us being friends, but...if we can't go back to how things were I understand....I'll leave you alone if that's what you want. Goodbye Jin."

I saw his reaction and decided that it was best to just simply turn around and walk away. I got into my car and drove away. How am I suppose to face Jin hyung now? I was positive that he liked me back but after seeing his speechless face says otherwise. I screwed up, didn't I? *sighs*

I got home and quickly changed my clothes and lay down on my bed staring at the ceiling. A smile crept across my face as my thoughts replayed over and over again my confession. Urgh, why me? What did I do to deserve this?

I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard my phone buzz. It was Jin hyung. This is it. It's over! I forced myself to read his message getting ready to fight back tears if necessary. To my surprise, I was overwhelmed with happiness. He actually likes me back! I need to thank Jimin and Jungkook, mostly Jungkook though.

Third POV

After Namjoon did his happy dance he texted Jin. Are you sure?

Yes, Namjoon.

So...

So?

Do...you want to be my boyfriend?

Of course. I would love to be your boyfriend.

Yay! I mean good.

Lol, Namjoon. Well, goodnight.

Goodnight babe. Jin blushed after seeing the word babe. While Namjoon was mentally facepalming himself.

----------------------------------------------------------- 

I know it's been a really really long time but I have a valid reason why I haven't updated the story. I've been busy with school and having 3 AP classes can really tire a person out. I actually wanted to update the story long ago but I never found time to do so.  I'm sorry but I'll try to find time to update sooner. If you guys have any ideas feel free to leave a comment and I might put it in the story if it matches my ideas that I had planned. It would help me a lot, but you can still comment about other things too. I can definitely respond back to you guys.