Prologue - Byun Baekhyun

Byun Baekhyun, Most Wanted

“Good Afternoon everyone.”

 

Cameras began to flash across the room. Questions were shouted from all angles and the noise level raised with each passing second. Across the country, millions tuned in in shock, fear, and dread.

 

“I know the headlines this morning must have caused quite a large amount of shock amongst the country, as well as internationally. However, I am here to tell you, do not worry. We have the best of the best on this case. The most elite agents and soldiers are working to deter the North as well as to capture and interrogate the suspects of last night’s incident. While you can be assured that your safety is intact and that we will quickly resolve this issue, I encourage you all to keep your eyes opened. Danger still exists, and while we are relentlessly working to resolve this situation, you must all do your part and report any suspicious activity. We have identified a prime suspect in last night’s event. The suspect is a young male, around five feet and nine inches. His name is Byun Baekhyun. We are looking for him and whom we believe to be his accomplices. They have been confirmed to attend Seoul National University and they are currently seniors at the institution.”

 

Images of Byun Baekhyun, three other males and another female flashed repeatedly on the screen.

 

“The President will now take questions.”

 

Thousands of reports that were smothered against each other within the tight boundaries of the conference room all began shouting at once, demanding the attention of the President.

 

“Mrs. President, what are you doing to resolve this situation!”

 

“Mrs. President! How were these children able to pull off something like this! Why is national security so defenseless!”

 

“Mrs. President are you neglecting your duties as commander in chief of the Republic of South Korea?”

 

“Mrs. President, many citizens have been requesting your immediate resignation, how will you respond?”

 

The room became quiet once again as President Park Geun-Hye fixed the microphone and began to speak.

 

“Do have faith in the security of our nation. We are quite strong. I do not plan on retiring from this position any time soon, so please trust in me and have faith that I will save this nation. Good day.” President Park was ushered off of the stage as reporters began to shout all sorts of questions in her direction.

 

~

Hello.

 

My name is Byun Baekhyun.

 

I am 26 years old. I go to Seoul National University and have a bachelor’s in Linguistics. This is now my second year the master’s program.

 

I am not popular. I am not a ‘star student.’ I am average.

 

I don’t have a huge circle of friends. I don’t have a cheerleader girlfriend.

 

I am quiet. My professors don’t know me by name. Heck, they probably wouldn’t even recognize my face.

 

So, if there is nothing special about me, nothing interesting enough to be worth telling, then why am I speaking to you right now?

 

Oh that’s right...

 

I’m wanted for over 153 offenses, one of which being that I launched a nuclear warhead to North Korea.

 

Have I grabbed your attention yet?