[Daniel 1] - Can I have This Dance?

Produce 1 - O - 1 -shots and Drabbles Collection

main        poll        story 1        story 2          produce

 

kang daniel can i have this dance?

Leaning her head against the palm of her hand she gazed up at the stars and let out a sigh, it was the first one she let out that day and she knew that it probably wouldn't be her last. She thought back to a couple moments ago and sighed once more, it was her senior prom, her last night of fun, her last opportunity to dance the night away with all these people she knew she'd never see again. She was supposed to be in there with the rest of her class dancing the night away and making memories. Supposed to be, but instead here she was standing outside on the balcony of their venue feeling sulky and disappointed for herself. What was the reason for this?  Well the answer to that came in the form of a person, that person being Ong Seongwoo to be exact, the most perfect being imaginable and Nini's lifelong crush. To think the poor girl's heart was crushed in just a matter of seconds after seeing her precious love sauntering into the ballroom with another girl on his arm. Sure, they weren't exactly a 'thing' and heck they never even talked much but it still hurt poor Nini to witness the sight of the two of them chatting and laughing with one another as though they didn't have a care in the world, after all she did fantasize about doing the whole cliche Cinderella transformation in which she had a drastic change in appearance and managed to get the guy's heart but alas her fantasies were crushed by reality as most things were and she found that she was no Cinderella and Ong would never be her Prince Charming. So with a heavy heart Nini found herself doing the exact thing she wanted not to do, she was sulking alone outside on what was supposed to be the most amazing night of her life. With a groan she put her head down between her arms and sighed for the third time that night. "Wow it's only been five minutes and you're already sighing for the third time. Man your life must be depressing." Someone spoke from behind her making her look up from her pitiful position. The voice belonged to her fellow classmate and Ong's best friend, Daniel. Though not as perfect as Ong (in Nini's eyes at least) she still found him rather attractive as well as sweet. Sighing once more she turned back to look up at the stars yet again and spoke softly. "What are you doing out here Daniel? Shouldn't you be in there dancing?" Daniel simply smiled and stepped forward placing himself closer to her, mimicking her movements he looked up at the sky as well. "I was dancing but you left so suddenly that I had to find out what was wrong." Nini looked over at him "Why? Since when did you care so much about me?" She asked and Daniel turned to her with another dazzling smile. "Since always but you've been too busy looking at Ong to notice." He stated and her eyes widened. "I-" she started but was cut off. "-was not? Really? Because I'm pretty sure that was the case." Nini sighed "Not like it matters anyways, he's got a girl." She stayed with a sad smile. "And you've got me." Daniel said looking at her intently. From the inside of the ballroom the soft melody of the song was heard by the two of them, immediately remembering that the song was a favorite of Nini's he extended his hand out to hers and asked "Can I have this dance?" Not waiting for her reply he grabbed her hand and made his way into the center of the large balcony. After getting into position and as they slowly began to dance he spoke up once more. "You know Ong doesn't have to be your Prince Charming but I can. I know you can't dispose of your feelings for him immediately, but..for you I'm willing to wait a long time, I'll wait for you for as long as you need me to. So what I'm asking is..will you give me a chance?" Locking her eyes with his her eyes slowly creased into crescents as she smiled brightly at him, nodding her head. "I'd be glad to." She said and once more Daniel mimicked her actions, his eyes crinkling as his mouth twitched up into another bright smile.

Author's Note:
Real quick guys let me just say that this is not the actual layout of the chapters I'm currently having some issues with my laptop so I couldn't edit this properly but I'll be sure to fix it by tomorrow. I wanted to get this out pretty quickly, hence no pretty layout, sorry! But anyways how was it guys? Too short? Too long? Too boring? Let me know what you guys thinks. This was a request from mykimnini and I hope you liked it. It was a bit rushed but I still hope I reached your expectations and it wasn't a total disappointment! Thanks so much for requesting it was quite fun to make and I hope it was okay! But yeah I really do hope you guys enjoyed it and I love you all! xoxo