Drops of Jupiter

Drops of jupiter

-Now that he's back in the atmosphere, drops of jupiter in his hair.

There you were. Smiling, talking. You looked even more beautiful than I remembered. Just from the way you looked I could tell you had changed. What had happened to you? Who had you met? Had you forgotten about me?

-He acts like summer and walks like rain.

You acted differently, walked differently. Everything about you felt different, and yet like you had never been away. I was looking from afar. Did I still fit your taste, you preference? Or had I faded from your memory?

-Reminds me that there's time to change.

There was time, you had shown it yourself. Should I change? Had I changed? When you looked at me, did you see someone else? Like the way you had. Should I make time to change? Would you see me then?  Would you recognize me if I changed as much as you had?

-Since the return of his stay on the moon, he listens like spring and he talks like June.

You talked differently too, used bigger words, talked more. I remember you were never one to say much. Now you were happily chatting away with someone I didn't recognize. Yet you were still the best listener, always paying attention, always interested. Your words were light, your voice sounded happy. Who made you happy? I'm sure it wasn't me. I wasn't part of you vocabulary anymore.

Tell me did you sail across the sun
Did you make it to the Milky Way to see the lights all faded
And that heaven is overrated
Tell me, did you fall from a shooting star
One without a permanent scar
And did you miss me while you were looking for yourself out there

-Now that he's back from that soul vacation, tracing his way through the constellations.

Where had you been? What had you seen? The world would be my answer. You had many stories, none of them destined for my ears. Had you seen the world? Had you met new people? Had you discovered new cultures? Would you ever tell me about them?

-He checks out Mozart while he does tae-bo.

You had new hobbies now. I heard you talking about sports, art, music. You seemed to have done all there was to be done in a years time. You had learned how to draw, you even showed some of your work. You did other sports, some of them violent, others solely focussing on tactic and strategy. Did you remember what we used to play? Do you still like playing our sports? Or do you have someone else to play something else with now?

-Reminds me that there's room to grow.

I could grow as much as you had. Was that necessary to make you look at me? Did I have to excell at everything I did? I remember how you were a year ago. College had changed you, you had grown, leaving me behind.

-Now that he's back in the atmosphere, I'm afraid that he might think of me as.

Like I haven't shown enough of my fears yet. Am I not enough anymore? Did you forget about me? I most certainly didn't forget about you. Do you think I changed? Am I different to you? What do you think of me?

-Plain old Jane told a story about a man who was to afraid to fly so he never did land.

Was I a coward? Careful? Not one of the wild people that suited your taste now? Plain? I didnt know anymore. You weren't you, and at the same time you were exactly as I remembered. It had just been a year. Funny how much can change in that time. I wasn't special anymore. Compared to everyone you had met, I was plain.

Tell me did the wind sweep you off your feet
Did you finally get the chance to dance along the light of day
And head back to the milky way
And tell me, did Venus blow your mind
Was it everything you wanted to find
And did you miss me while you were looking for yourself out there

-Can you imagine no love, pride, deep-fried chicken.

I remember the times we went out for diner. Pizza was your favourite. We would go out and eat as much as we could. We would stay up late, laughing, talking, not a care in the world. Do you miss it as much as I do? Or don't you remember? Do you have new traditions now?

-Your best friend always sticking up for you even when I know you're wrong.

I was always there for you. When you cried, and when you laughed. I supported you, stood up for you. Yes, even when I knew you were wrong, which was quite a lot. You were there for me too. We were here for each other. We were.

-Can you imagine no first dance, freeze dried romance five-hour phone conversation.

I'll admit I fell in love with you along the way. We could talk on the phone for hours about everything and anything. You made my heart flutter whenever you laughed at me. Electricity ran through my body wherever you touched me. You were everything I ever dreamed of. You made me smile.

- The best soy latte that you ever had,

We would always get coffee on Monday, Thursday and Saturday. We never changed the plan, moving everything to get coffee together. You loved it. You always smelled like coffee, and no matter how any times we went there, you always had a hard time deciding what to get. Every time you would suprise me by getting something different.

-And me,

I remember saying goodbye. I couldn't imagine being away from you, to not be able to see you every day, whenever I wanted. Whenever I needed. Did you miss me? Did you miss me as much as I missed you? Or did you find someone else, someone that I know is better than me?

Tell me did the wind sweep you off your feet
Did you finally get the chance to dance along the light of day
And head back toward the Milky Way
And  are you lonely looking for yourself out there?
Tell me did you sail across the sun
Did you make it to the milky way to see the lights all faded
And that heaven is overrated
Tell me, did you fall from a shooting star
One without a permanent scar
And did you miss me while you were looking for yourself out there

I see you walking towards me, smile on your face, like nothing ever changed. We talk, we laugh, but we're different now. I love you, but you have seen the universe, and I'm still stuck on earth.