05 | friends?

Distraction | mino x seulgi (DISCONTINUED)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

05

friends?

 

Another two weeks of summer break have passed by, and August has finally come. The start of this month has reminded every student that their vacation is about to end in a week or two, especially high school students in their senior year. Their anxiety towards the upcoming CSAT may be growing as the days pass by, but it will never stop them from incorporating fun activities into their review classes-ridden schedules. Of course, in this hot weather that never fails to make anyone sweat in their light clothes, they ought to do things that will help them tolerate the summer heat.

 

For Kang Seulgi, a good iced caramel macchiato will always save her from the insanity the heat induces.

 

It is a Friday afternoon, a period of time she always reserve for hanging out with Irene, Wendy, Joy and Yeri at the cafe they frequent to. Glasses of iced caffeinated drinks and plates of crunchy nachos are on the table; random topics and juicy gossip are told; loud laughter and teary eyes are imminent. She giggles along to their snappy remarks as she sips on her cool and bittersweet beverage; however, her eyes and mind could only focus on one thing: the ongoing conversation on the phone in her hand.

 

Is it especially hard to focus on her friends this day because they are seated by the window? Or is it really because she’s more amused by the updates her newfound friend is sending her than the telltales of her girl friends? Sure, hearing Irene’s boyfriend Seunghoon getting wasted to the extent that he had to be transported on a wheelchair is hilarious, but for Seulgi, she finds Mino’s freak-out far more entertaining. Who wouldn’t want to see their friend-slash-enemy suffering?

 

mino the fool : pls save me from this hell

: i wanna cry ㅠㅠ

pretty seulgi : oh god you’ll do fine

mino the fool : i hate corporate parties

: my dad’s coworkers are treating me like a kid

: i hate this ㅠㅠ

pretty seulgi : song mino fighting kkk

mino the fool : no, come here

pretty seulgi : i’m with my friends

mino the fool : I AM ALSO YOUR FRIEND WYS

pretty seulgi : oh is that so

: i tot we still not good

mino the fool : wow we’ve been hangin out for 2 weeks wtf

: and u do me like that

: revoking friendship card, gudbye

 

At this point, Seulgi is biting on her straw when a small smile finds its way to her lips. It then becomes a grin when the male has randomly sent a selfie of him holding a glass of wine. Giggling, she types a reply that tells him that he is ugly in a black suit and tie. He’s not though, she thinks to herself. Then her mind wanders to the past two weeks.

 

Other than the Netflix series Riverdale, music is mostly the reason why they have immediately clicked as friends. After their encounter in McDonald’s, Seulgi and Mino have stumbled upon the topic of music while walking on their way to the academy. She has found out that he produces beats as a hobby. As an avid listener of anything rhythm and blues, she goes on about producers of her favorite songs. Mino excitedly chimes in, sharing his thoughts about what she has mentioned. He has also found that she makes song covers, taking their conversation into the notion of collaborating. This talk then spirals into another talk.

 

From that moment on, conversations between the two of them easily flow from one random and interesting topic to another. They really seem to never run out of stories to tell each other that during the past two weeks, they have been inseparable inside and outside the academy. They have started to go to academy together. They always sit next to each other in lectures. After the review sessions, they can always be found eating in fast food chain. During their free time, they study together in cafés and libraries. Before the sun sets, they walk home together. They have become so close lately that it is unlikely for the other students to not notice them.

 

They really don’t care about what they say about them. What they couldn’t understand though is why they have been branded as Beyoncé and Jay-Z of the academy.

 

“I think Seulgi unnie is dating someone,” Yeri spurts out all of a sudden, making the other girls look at Seulgi who is currently invested on what’s happening in her phone. Seeing the girl suddenly chuckle at what she has seen on the screen of her phone, they simultaneously look at each other and nod in agreement.

 

“I’m guessing it’s Mino,” Wendy tells them, stressing the name of the gal’s new friend to get her attention. It does take her attention away from the phone.

 

“What?” Seulgi asks upon seeing their eyes on her. “Were you guys talking about Mino?”

 

“Just now. You’re dating him, aren’t you?” Wendy teases, her eyebrows moving up and down along. The other girls cheekily

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter