A Spoonful Of Sugar

A Spoonful Of Sugar
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Turning the doorknob slowly, the man with messier hair than normal pushed open the door to a bedroom that wasn’t his. As he peeked in, he was able to see that the same glass of water was still full, the bottle of liquid medication was still on the bedside table along with a spoon, in the exact same position it had been when he had placed it there last night. Pushing the door open further, Yoongi slipped through and quietly shut it behind him. A figure was still in the bed, covers twisted around his legs, shirt lifted halfway up his abdomen and sweat slicked hair sticking to his forehead.

 

Kneeling beside the bed, Yoongi reached over the younger and pressed the back of his hand gently to the others forehead. He was still burning up. The fever hadn’t broken and no wonder, he hadn’t taken his medicine last night. Jungkook had gone to bed at two PM and everyone had agreed that prior to he looked rather pale and was quite out of sorts. Too quiet and not in a good way. Yoongi had come to check on him later only to find the younger man tossing fitfully in his sleep and very warm to the touch. A thermometer wasn’t even needed, it was obvious he had a fever.

 

Unable to wake the younger properly, he managed to at least get a promise that the younger would take his medicine. Yoongi didn’t want to hover, certainly wasn’t about to force the liquid down his throat, so he took the younger at his word. He was hesitant but knew that if the roles were reversed that he would act the same way if not worse. So, he did the best he could, leaving everything nearby so he wouldn’t have to leave his bed.

 

Yoongi didn’t sleep well that night, he couldn’t be fully comfortable while knowing that a room over someone was sick and probably didn’t take the medicine he needed to help break the cold. He used to think that he was able to sleep during anything that was going on. Last night he learned that he was wrong. Worry. That was the culprit. Or maybe it was the person he was worrying about. He didn’t want to think about that.

 

Gazing down with all the worry that he had the previous night increasing tenfold, Yoongi gripped the younger's shoulder and began to very gently shake him,

 

“Jungkook-ah… Jungkook-ah, wake up.”

 

He called his name softly but loud enough that it should wake the other in combination with the shaking. Jungkook had always been hard to wake up and while he was sick that didn’t make it any easier. However, most of the time the bo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter