~ MT

Messages

"Yo Mark can you stop swooning over Jinyoung and explain this question to me" Jackson said waving his hand in front of Mark. 

"I wasn't swooning" Mark denied. "Staring at, daydreaming about. Whatever it is you were doing, I don't get this question and you're supposed to be the math genius here" Jackson said sassily. Mark sighed and turned to Jackson to explain the 'impossible' math question to him.

Maybe, just maybe Mark had been looking at Jinyoung. The other intrigued him. He was kind and polite to everyone but still seemed to have just a few close friends, but he had certainly not been swooning. He huffed, what was Jackson even thinking. Okay, maybe he had been, a little. 

He would call it a developing admiration, not a crush. He did want to get closer to Jinyoung, get to know him that's all, but he was way too shy to step up to him and start a conversation.

"If it's that hard for you why don't you leave the guy a message" Jackson said reading Mark's expression.

"What are you talking about" Mark said fake clueless. "You know" Jackson simply stated. Jackson's idea was ridiculous, why would he leave Jinyoung messages. Then again it was the perfect way to get to know him. Without him knowing who he was, without talking to him. No he couldn't do that, it would only bring trouble.

"Just don't be such a prissy for once and get over it. If you really 'just' want to get to know the guy it can't hurt right" Jackson reasoned making quotation marks with his fingers. Mark sighed, class had ended and Jinyoung had already left, he looked at Jinyoung's table contemplating. In a way, and he hated admitting it, Jackson was right.

He grabbed a notebook and quickly scribbled a little note, nothing fussy. Before he could change his mind he dropped it on Jinyoung's table and followed Jackson out of the classroom.
--
"No Jaebum you can not copy my homework again, just learn to do it yourself" Jinyoung said frustrated while slamming his books down on the table throwing a glare at Jaebum. His violent action of book abuse made a little piece of paper fly up. Without Jaebum, who was still busy doing his homework last minute, noticing, he grabbed it and opened it.

Hi Jinyoung,

Can I ask you something? What is your favourite colour? 

~MT

Jinyoung looked at the note frozen. Who on earth would write him such a message. He understood in a way, maybe the person that wrote it was shy and didn't dare approaching him in real life. Still he didn't understand who would possibly want to get to know him. MT, the initials looked familiar to Jinyoung but he couldn't seem to remember who it could be.

"What's that" Jaebum said eyes trailling from the note to a still frozen Jinyoung. "Nothing, just a scrap piece of paper" Jinyoung quickly answered while folding the note. 

At the end of class he left the note on his table, and answer neatly scribbled on the back.
--
Orange

That's what it said. The only thing scribbled on the paper was the colour orange. Mark never thought Jinyoung was a person who liked orange. The point was, Jinyoung had replied. He didn't know what to do, he hadn't expected Jinyoung to actually reply to his note.

"You know, most people would write another one instead of staring at it like it's going to go up in flames right in their hands" Jackson remarked while looking at the note over Mark's shoulder. Mark turned around and sat down at his table, he sighed. "You didn't expect he'd reply did you" Jackson said correctly reading Mark's expression. Mark shook his head.

Orange. Orange was Jinyoung's favourite colour. It was just a colour, but for Mark a huge step towards getting to know Jinyoung.
He grabbed a pen and started writing another note. 

Mine is red. He wrote, then pausing wondering how he should continue. He heard Jackson laughing behind him probably at something someone who just came in had said. He smiled to himself, he was crazy for doing this. He picked up his pen again and continued writing.
--
Mine is red. Why the colour orange?

~MT 

That's all the note said. Jinyoung looked around trying to see if someone was near. He had come to school early for the past two days to see if he could catch a glimpse of the person that left him the note. Wait, make that notes. He found nothing, the classroom had been completely empty.

He found it a peculiar question to be asked. Why did he like the colour? Just because he liked it. No one had ever genuinely been interested in him and now that someone was, their questions were rather odd. He decided he liked it.

I don't know it kind of reminds me of my childhood, my mother used to give me orange candy. Who are you?

He wrote on the back of the paper. He knew there was little chance the other would actually answer him, but he could always try.

He heard someone come in and he looked up to see his classmate Mark enter the classroom. He quickly hid the note and smiled at Mark. Mark smiled back at him, Jinyoung had always thought Mark had a beautiful smile.

He didn't know a lot about Mark, he was a quiet person and seemed to always be hanging out with Jackson. Jinyoung never understood that combination. To him Mark was mysterious and unreachable.

"Good morning" he said politely and Mark looked up looking suprised that Jinyoung was talking to him. Then he smiled brightly again and said a soft good morning back. He suddenly felt the urge to talk to Mark.

"Are you always this early" he asked curiously. Mark looked up at him again and nodded "mostly" he said. "Have you maybe ever seen someone here before you" he asked. If Mark was always this early he might have seen the person who left him the note. Mark he shook his head. Maybe he was mistaken but he thought to see Mark smiling a little.
--
It took Jinyoung a couple of days to reply but eventually, against Mark's expectations, he had given him an answer.

"Orange candy" Jackson said while again reading over Mark's shoulder. "Will you stop doing that" Mark exclaimed turning around to Jackson and smacking his arm. "Ow" Jackson huffed out fake hurt.

He felt someone looking at him and quickly turned back to see Jinyoung looking at him chuckling a little. Mark almost melted from the cute laugh of the other. Okay yeah he admits it, it was turning into a crush.

"That's weird" Jackson said. "But you probably think it's cute" he continued while gigling. "Shut up" Mark muttered. He was just about to write a response when loud music started playing in the hallways.

He looked up to see Jinyoung and some others in his class had already gotten up to see what was going on. He saw Jinyoung cursing softly and he ran out of the classroom looking angry.

Soon others followed him and Jackson, being the hyperactive kid he is, of course had to go take a look too, so Mark decided to follow him. He went into the hall to see a big crowd standing around a little group of guys who were aparently dancing.

 Mark tried to follow Jackson who was getting closer to the group. 
When he got a clear view he could see five boys standing in the midst of the crowd having what looked like a dance battle. He recognized Bambam and Yugyeom who were younger then him but famous for their pranks on teachers.

There was one boy he faintly recognized from the younger classes and Jaebum, Jinyoung's friend. Lastly he saw Jinyoung who was currently standing at the edge of the circle watching the four boys dance.

Suddenly Jaebum pulled Jinyoung to the middle and urged him to 'battle' Yugyeom who had just finished showing off his moves. Jinyoung started of hesitant, but when he got a hang of it Mark could only marvel at how his body moved to the music every move calculated and perfectly executed.

The crowd burst into loud cheers when Jinyoung finished. Mark clapped softly. Then Jaebum turned off the music and shouted out to the crowd to be quiet.

"Hello everyone, what you just saw was a short demonstration of our dance team." Mark was suprised to hear that Jinyoung was on the dance team, another thing he hadn't known about him. 

"We are currently looking for new members, so if you got interested after seeing this demonstration please come to me or one of my fellow members so we can sign you up and hold auditions" Jaebum finished and the crowd once again burst into cheers.

Once peace was restored and everyone had returned to their classrooms, Mark started to write another message.
--
A nice reason. I saw you dancing today, you have talent. How long have you been dancing?

~MT

So this MT went to his school, he had seen him dance. Of course he goes to your school Jinyoung, he leaves notes on your table for gods sake he scolded himself. He sighed and Jaebum looked up at him. "Dude are you still mad?" He asked apologetically. "You are part of the team and the demonstration was good publicity." 

Jinyoung had told Jaebum not to hold the demonstration as it would only cause trouble, but of course he didn't listen and dragged Jinyoung into it with him. They hadn't gotten into loads of trouble, but still Jinyoung had been right about their teachers not appreciating Jaebum's stunt.

"No I'm not mad anymore, but can I ask how many applications you have gotten ever since the demo?" Jinyoung replied. It had just been a two days, but he knew Jaebum expected too much. "Uhm" Jaebum started while rubbing his nape "none" he said just as Jackson approached him.

"Hey man can I ask you something" he heard jackson say. He turned away again not really interested in their conversation,  trying to think of a reply to the message.
--
"Hey what was that about" Mark asked as Jackson returned from his conversation with Jaebum. Jackson sat down with a smug look on his face. "Well" he started pausing dramatically "I signed us up for the dance team" he said the smile still on his face.

"Us?" Mark asked softly and a little scared. "Yes us, as in you and me" Jackson's face remained smug and it finally hit Mark. Jinyoung was on the dance team, Park Jinyoung. "What, no, Jackson you can't do that, Jinyoung is on the team" he said burying his face in his hands. Jackson started laughing his familiar loud laugh. 

"Well, done is done, Jaebum even said we don't have to audition as we are the only ones aplying, it'll be easy, you should thank me" he said smacking Mark on the back.
--
Mark and Jackson were standing in front of the practice room. You got this Mark, you'll be fine, Mark kept thinking to himself. Jackson looked at his desperate expression and just laughed before throwing the door open. They saw the five boys gathered on the floor all looking up at them to greet them. There were loud hello's and hey's from the exited bunch of kids. Jackson smiled and greeted them back.

"Hey guys, I'm Jackson but you probably already knew me" he introduced himself. The others chuckled at his sassy introduction. "Mark" Mark simply said, he was never good around new people. 

"Are you here to join the team hyungs" Bambam asked. "Bambam I have told you about this" Jaebum said facepalming. "Oooh" Bambam cutely said as it dawned on him. The rest chuckled again. "Shall we start then" Yugyeom happily exclaimed and all of them got up to practice some new choreography.
--
Jinyoung was suprised to see Mark and Jackson enter the practice room. Jaebum hadn't told him what Jackson wanted to talk to him about so he had no idea they wanted to join the team. Mark quietly introduced himself and just by hearing Mark's voice his heart sped up a bit. He had come to love the older's voice.

After meeting him in the classroom early that one morning he had seen him there more often. He liked the older's smile and his shyness and had found himself looking foreward to their little morning conversations. On the other hand he was also looking foreward to the message on his table and he had a hard time finding out what he actually came for.

During practice he shot a few glances at Mark. The choreography they were practicing was pretty hard, but both Mark and Jackson were able to keep up pretty well. He was suprised at how smooth and easy Mark moved while Jackson's movements were a little heavier and tougher.

When practice had finally ended everyone slowly left the room leaving Jinyoung and Mark to be the last in the room.

"I didn't know you were planning to join the team" Jinyoung said while collecting the vest he had thrown to the side of the room earlier. "Me either" Mark answered with a chuckle. Jinyoung looked at him confused. "Jackson kind of signed the both of us up." "I enjoyed it though" he said hurriedly when he saw Jinyoung's expression. Jinyoung's face turned to a smile.

"I'm glad you liked it. We're training for the upcoming competition between schools, it would be nice of we could all perform together." Jinyoung said. "Well I'll see you in class" he greeted Mark as he walked out of the room just catching Mark's soft bye.
--
Dance practice, messages, and morning conversations with Jinyoung became part of Mark's daily routine. The seven of them had all become close friends, and that only meant he got to see Jinyoung even more. Mark wasn't complaining. He had built a good friendship with Jinyoung, although his heart still kept racing whenever the younger smiled at him.

Jinyoung on the other hand was cross. He was getting more and more interested in the person sending him the messages, but that person didn't really seem real to him. On the other hand there was Mark a, very real, guy that managed to make his stomach twirl more than often. Was it possible he liked two people at the same time, and then one of them wasn't even really real, but oh so mysterious. He didn't know what to think anymore.

At the moment they were sitting in a cafe with the seven of them. They had decided to hang out there after dance practice.

The two maknaes were making a lot of fuss about which drink belonged to who only to find out they had the same drink. Jackson and Jaebum were discussing the choreography for the upcoming dance competition, which they had decided to participate in as a group. Jinyoung was reading a book, peaking over it every now and then. Youngjae was still trying to decide what to drink, and Mark was quietly sipping his coffee.

Jinyoung was agitated, he needed to talk to someone about his messenger. He needed clarity in his head and knowing that Jaebum would probably not take him seriously the only one he could think of to talk to was Mark. He tapped Mark on the arm and pointed to the door of the cafe. Mark nodded understanding what Jinyoung meant, having that weird unspoken connection, and they both got up.

"Hey hyungs where are you going" Youngjae shouted, now waiting for his drink. "Just getting some fresh air" Mark replied and the rest just nodded.

"What's up" Mark immediately got to the point. Jinyoung thought he sounded a bit worried. "Is it something serious" he asked when Jinyoung didn't reply.

"No it's quite stupid actually" he said rubbing his nape. "See there is this person that has been leaving me messages on my table" Jinyoung said while they sat down on a bench. Mark hummed for him to continue. "We've been going back and forth and" he paused. Mark looked up at him and Jinyoung could almost drown in his dark eyes.

Mark looked like a picture with his red hair, dark eyes and high cheekbones and Jinyoung's heart immediately sped up. He coughed. "I kinda think I might like him" he said quietly. "How do you know it's a he" Mark asked curiously not at all weirded out about what Jinyoung had said. "Just a feeling" Jinyoung said, admitting that he didn't actually know.

"Why do you like him" Mark asked still curious. "He is nice and kind and interested, but the problem is, I don't know him. I'm just guessing on what he is like, but still I feel this way" he said rubbing his face with his hands. "Do you know his name" Mark asked. "No" Jinyoung huffed. 

"What do I do. I know nothing about him and still I feel drawn to him like I do actually know him" Jinyoung sighed. "Then get to know him better first" Mark suggested. "Maybe one day he wil find the courage to meet you" he continued. Jinyoung sighed again and then said "Yeah you're right".

"Don't you think this is strange at all" he asked looking at the older. Mark's face looked bitter. "Love is not a choice Nyoung" he said smiling sadly.
--
"Dude he likes you what else do you want" Jackson almost yelled. "Shh" Mark responded looking around if anyone heard.

They were currently putting up posters around the school to promote their dance team for the upcoming competition. The posters showed their names and their group name, they had decided on Got7, and the question to support them in the competition.

"He doesn't like me" Mark snapped back. "But didn't he say-" Jackson started only to be cut of by Mark. "I know what he said Jackson,  I was there when he said it" Mark sighed. "So?" Jackson questioned still not understanding the older's frustration.

"He doesn't like me Jacks, he likes the idea of me, an image of who I am. When he thinks of the guy sending him the messages he doesn't think of me. I could never meet his expectations." Mark finally huffed out what had been troubling him.

"You don't know that. You should just tell him" Jackson replied being positive as always. "You know I can't" Mark replied sadly. "So you just drown yourself in your hurt" Jackson questioned. "Yes" Mark replied. Jackson shook his head an continued putting up posters.
--
The dance competition was next week, and the last message Jinyoung received had been one wishing him luck. He wondered if his messenger would be watching him dance again. Jinyoung had been busy with preparations just like the rest of the team but he couldn't get the guy out of his head. MT, his initials kept stumbling through his thoughts.

On the other hand Mark still made him blush and his heart race. He was falling for the older more and more, and he felt like he was going crazy. Now that he knew his messenger better he didn't at all know what to do anymore. Knowing more about him had only made things worse. Jinyoung was confused, oh so confused.
--
They were standing backstage while they heard the mc on stage present their group to the audience. All of them nervous but exited to get out there and show what they could. The mc finally finished talking as he summed up the names of the group members. When he ended with Mark's name Jinyoung felt like he got hit in the face with a brick. Mark's full name was Mark Tuan.

Mark Tuan. MT.

How could he not have noticed. He had seen his name countless of times on the posters, the posters he had made for gods sake. Never had he even thought, never had he even wondered if Mark could actually be his messenger.

 He looked up at Mark in confusion and surprise, Mark just looked back at him with a scared look on his face. Before Jinyoung could say anything he was pushed into the bright lights of the stage.

During the performance he tried to keep his thoughts on dancing, but every time he focused on the choreography Mark jumped in sight or did some cool trick shifting all his attention to him again.

He was confused, why hadn't Mark told him? Was he scared. He had gotten to know Jinyoung, he had gotten close to him, Jinyoung had even admitted to liking him. Why did Mark back off. Every time Mark touched Jinyoung electricity ran though his body, butterflies fluttered every time Mark smiled at him. 

Then it dawned on him. He had liked his messenger because he resembled Mark. He had seen Mark in the messages and fallen for him. He had fallen for two people and at the same time for just one. It felt great to finally have clarity, but it only brought a new problem. He had noticed Mark being a little distant lately, but now, Jinyoung wasn't sure if Mark was even willing to talk to him anymore.

When the performance had ended they all stumbled backstage, panting and slouching, exhausted from the performance. Before anyone could say or do anything Mark had left the room mumbling something about needing fresh air.

"What's up with him" Jackson asked, then he looked at Jinyoung like he finally understood. Jinyoung didn't say anything, he just rushed out after Mark. "Weird" Jaebum said and Jackson started laughing.

"Mark wait" Jinyoung yelled trying to catch up with the older. When he finally reached him he grabbed his wrist to turn him around so that he could face him. Mark looked heartbroken, Jinyoung could almost see the tears in his eyes. 

"What" Mark spat out. "Here to laugh at me, to make fun of me." Mark's heart had broken seeing the disappointed look on the younger's face. When he heard the mc speaking out his name he knew he was screwed. Jinyoung wasn't stupid and he probably hated him now.

"No" Jinyoung quietly said still holding onto his wrist. Mark felt heat running up his arm from where Jinyoung was touching him. Damn him for making him feel this way. "It's you, you're MT right?" Mark closed his eyes and just nodded waiting for Jinyoung to burst out at him.

"Why didn't you tell me" the younger questioned. "I basically told you that I like you" Jinyoung now the one becoming embarrassed .

"Because you don't like me Jinyoung" Mark said bitterly "You like the guy that sent you those messages, the guy that isn't too shy to talk to you, you like an idea of me, an idea that I can never meet." Mark said frustrated.

"Have you ever wondered why I fell for him so easily" Jinyoung asked him. He didn't understand how Mark could have been so blind. His heart was racing because he was still holding Mark's wrist and their faces were inches away. 

"I like him because I see you in him. At first I thought I was in love with two people, but it was you all along. No one else, not an idea of you, just you" Jinyoung said growing red as he technically just confessed. 

"You love me" Mark said suprise written all over his face. "Yes" Jinyoung whispered. Mark finally allowed himself to relax in Jinyoung's grip and engulfed him in a hug. Jinyoung hugged him back tightly. "I love you too" he heard Mark whisper. His face broke into a wide smile and his whole body felt warm and weak in Mark's arms.
--
When Jinyoung walked into the classroom he was suprised to see a note lying on his table. He quickly opened it to see a little message.

Hey handsome. How about a date this weekend? 

~♡ MT