Route Announcement!

Crimson Thread

“Do you know how butterflies kiss?”

You blink, embarrassed that you’ve been caught staring, wondering when the boy noticed your presence. His big eyes fall from the path of the fleeing insect and meet your own. His gaze is expectant, but you can’t find the words to speak, so you simply shake your head.

He stands up from the porch and takes a few steps closer. “I thought you might know, ‘cause of your hair.”

Your hand instinctively flies to the tiny, ornate butterfly pin sweeping your bangs away from your face. Appa insists on pinning your hair back himself every time, even though you’re way too old to need his help. Maybe some part of him is still clinging to Eomma and her love of butterflies. It’s such a small detail, though, how did he notice?

“Just ‘cause I like butterflies doesn’t mean I know how they kiss,” you mumble, not sure how to deal with this strange boy.

“That’s okay. I’ll show you, then.”

Before you even have time to react, the boy gets right in your face, leans close and flutters his eyelashes against your left cheek. You’re so shocked that you freeze in place, going red to the tips of your ears as he leans away.

Seeing your expression, a worried crease forms between the boy’s eyebrows. “Wait, was that wrong of me? Did I make you mad? I just… wanted to show you. It’s like… when friends say hello.”

“Friends?” You repeat, absently touching your cheekbone. “I see.” This boy is weird, but kinda… nice.

With an understanding smile, you place a hand on one of his slight shoulders. As quickly as he just did, you lean in and bat your eyelashes against his cheek. “Like that?”

“Yeah!” The boy beams, and you notice that his smile is the shape of a bright little box. “Now we’re friends.” You feel like the butterfly in your hair has taken up residence in your stomach.

“I’m [Y/n],” you say, feeling shy for some reason.

“Kim Taehyung, that’s meee!” He crows, whirling around in a happy-dance.

That was so long ago.

[A/N: Hi, everyone! I promised at the end of Chapter 7 that I’d reveal who’s starring in the upcoming route, and as you now know, it’s our boy TaeTae! Yaaaaaaay!

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-O4GyIKd4NrY/VzKYRdZ7tMI/AAAAAAAAAvE/M4vhp3tQEbYI1IUxfxG1AeilD37xFbyqACLcB/s1600/V%2BBTS%2B%2528Kim%2BTaehyung%2529%2BRecent%2BPhotos%252C%2BImage%252C%2BPicture%2B-%2Bbiotist.blogspot.com%2B%25281%2529.jpg

After the thrilling conclusion to the tale of Min Swaggity Swiggity Sugaboi, prepare yourselves for a nice mix of sweet, fluffy adorableness and DUDES PUNCHING EACH OTHER IN THE FACE. YEAH! I know some of you were hoping it’d be Jimin or Jin, but do not fret, they will both get their turn soon enough. Would you guy be interested in requesting little one-shots of your favorite members, in the meantime? Let me know. As always, thanks for your support, see ya soon with Chapter 9! ~Usa]