Finally My Dreams are Coming True!

1,2 Happiness~ Hello! We Are Red Velvet!

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

"YAH! Joohyun! Get up already! Do you really want to be late for your first official meeting as Red Velvet?! Hurry up the meeting starts in 1 hour!"

Ugh. I really wish SM wouldn't start their meeting so early. I mean, wtf? When does Lee Soo Man sunbaenim even sleep? Is my CEO a vampire? Ok calm down Irene you're just getting a bit excited. I mean who wouldn't? I'M FRICKING DEBUTING IN SM's NEW GIRL GROUP! RED VELVET! Red Velvet is an odd name though. What does it even mean? Like, are we supposed to be Red Velvet cupcakes or.... Now I'm hungry ugh.

"JOOHYUN!"

"Alright Omma I'm coming geez. Lemme just get dressed!"

Hmm. What would suit the occasion? I want to wow all the managers there. Maybe they will even consider me joining Girls' Generation! I mean, I am older than their maknae so..... Nah. I want to debut in a new group. My own group. Not as a late member. Hmm. Ah forget it let's just put on jeans with a plain white t-shirt. This oughta be alright. No. Too plain. I'm just going to wear a leather jacket on top. That does the trick. Ok what time is it.... I got 45 minutes left. I gotta hurry up!

Irene sprints to the washroom and washes up. She takes a shower quickly and skips breakfast. I mean, I gotta lose weight right? 

"Bye Omma! I'm going now! Wish me luck!"

And with that, Irene was off to start her new journey. A journey that she knew was not going to be easy.


"Annyeongheosayo"

"Oh good, Joohyun has finally arrived"

Geez. Our CEO looks even meaner today. I wonder how this meeting is going to be... Ugh I'm hungry. I should've ate breakfast dammit. Maybe he wouldn't have noticed...

"Alright, everyone seems to be here. Next time Joohyun, arrive earlier. You were almost late."

Pfft. Yeah, ALMOST. I wasn't though, right? Geez Lee Soo Man is too full of himself

"So now that everyone is here, let me tell you about the plans. You are going to debut in 2 weeks from now. Joohyun, Seulgi, you're SM Rookies video was quite a hit. Everyone liked it. As expected", you're not even going to say congratulations? Yeah, you are so full of yourself... "That being said, in 2 weeks from now you will officially debut as Red Velvet. The meaning behind your name is that you girls will have 2 concepts. "Red", which represents your feirce and energetic side, and "Velvet", which represents your mature side. Your debut song will be shown to you momentarily but before that, I will give you your official positions. There has been a slight change. Joohyun, or Irene, you will be the leader of Red Velvet as well as the main rapper."

Wait, what? Leader?! That was kind of expected considering I'm the oldest but..... MAIN RAPPER?! I mean, I practiced rapping during my trainee days but I CAN'T RAP! At least not profesionally! Oh no, I was supposed to be a vocalist!

"Um, excuse me, sir, but Joohyun-unnie, as the leader? Shouldn't Seungwan be the leader? I mean, she was the one who mostly led us during our trainee days so.... she has the most leadership skills out of us. Also, Irene as a rapper? Shouldn't Wendy be the rapper too? Wendy has the best rap skills out of all of us..." Seulgi just smirked at Irene. Of course she's just teasing her best friend but part of what she said was true. Wendy would fit both positions better.

Damn you Kang Seulgi. She's so right but so.... ugh! Wait. Right? No, Wendy is not better than me! There's nothing special about Wendy!! I'm the best, not her! I mean she is... good but not as good as me!

"I understand your concern Seulgi ssi however, Irene is the oldest. She has to be the leader. Also, she has leadership skills" Ha! Take that Seungwan! "And also, Seungwan is the main vocalist so.... she can't be both the main vocalist and main rapper."

Wait, so I'm just a replacement? Damn you Seungwan!

"Ok so to continue the positions. Joohyun, you will be the leader, rapper, face of the group and lead dancer. Seulgi, you will be the main dancer, lead vocalist and visual of the group. Seungwan, you will be the main vocalist of the group and last but not least, Sooyoung, you will be a lead vocalist and lead rapper. You will also be a momentarily maknae."

"So when Yerim joins, she will become the new maknae? What will her positions be?"

"That is correct Sooyoung. Yerim will replace you as the maknae. When she joins, she will become a lead vocalist and rapper just like you."

"So she's replacing me?"

"Not necessarily."

"Ok then I guess...."

"Also, let me be clear with your stage name everyone. Joohyun, you will be known as Irene. Irene is a very delicate and beautiful name. Seulgi, yours will stay the same as there are not many Seulgis as idols. Sooyoung you will be known as Joy because you seem to be quite serious. You should smile more! Be happy you're debuting. And Seungwan, you will go by your english name, Wendy. Yerim will be called Yeri. The "m" is unnecessary. That will be all for now. We will meet again in 2 days to start filming the MV. Tomorrow, you will go dye your hair in your respective colors. Irene, you are pink. Seulgi is yellow, Wendy is blue and Joy is green. I will be calling you by your stage names to get used to it. You girls practice as well. That will be all. Go and check out your dorms. From now on, you will be living here together every day. Dismissed."

Wow. What just happened? One second we were trainees fighting to get into a group and now we're debuting in 2 weeks! So soon! I don't know if I should be nervous or happy. Oh my gosh! I'm going to go with nervous...


"Yo! So we already know each other from before. We've trained together as a group for 2 years now so we are already used to each other's company. I guess we should just brainstorm our debut. Expect what's going to happen and prepare ourselves."

For the momentarily maknae, Sooy- I mean Joy sure does act like the oldest. Joy is nice. She is a bit quiet and she may seem stuck up but she's actually nice, mature and very energetic.

"Yeah. How do all of you think our debut's going to be? I hope we become like Girls' Generation subaenim. Like, international k-pop stars and such. Like F(x) subaenim as well. It would be so cool! I really hope the fans will like me..."

Wendy is REALLY nice. Almost too nice. She is so humble as well. She knows how to cook, she's beautiful, she can sing, rap, dance, she's super smart, she is SUPER talented, I don't understand why she always likes putting erself down. Why does she never think she's good enough. Probably being humble again.

"Ah don't worry Wendy! Everyone will love you! I mean, we do. We fell in love with you instantly! No need to worry!"

Seulgi. She's my best friend. My one and only friend really. Along with the other Red Velvet members of course. And other SM artists and trainees. Honestly, I want to have more friends. But most people who meet me want to be more than just friends. I mean, I know I'm pretty and all but men just can't seem to keep their hands to themselves. Honestly, whe I first came into SM 5 years ago , Yeri and Seulgi were the first people I met and ever since then, they were like my family. Wendy and Joy came in later. 2 years ago. I still remember exactly how they were. Wendy was SO nice. Always offering us help. Joy was quiet but quickly lightened up. I miss the old days where we would go to Han River and eat snakcs there. Now, we are debuting in 2 weeks. I wonder how life will be then...

"Hey, how about we play a game?" Joy suggested

"uh....ok? What kind of game and why?

"Well Wendy unnie, we still don't know who's going to sleep in which dorms. We should play rock, paper scissors to decide the rooms. The winner get's their own bedroom! The other 3 have to share 1 room together!"

"What? I find that hardly unfair. Why do we only have 2 bedrooms anyways? I swear, SM is too much. They are one of the biggest entertainments in Korea. Can't they afford rooms for their artists? I'm pretty YG artists get their own rooms. Or at least spacious room. And not 3 people in 1 room!"

"Calm down Seulgi. All we need to do is win, right? Luck is always by my side. All I have to do is believe in myself!"

Wow. Wendy is always so optimistic. A game, huh. Yeah Wendy, we all know how much you always lose. I'm the queen when it comes to games. Looks like another win for me :).

"Alright Joy ssi, I accept your challenge. Let this game begin. The winner gets their very own room while the 3 losers must share." They're all going down.

"Very well then. Let us begin. Get ready..... Rock, paper, scissors, SHOOT!"

As expected, I'm the queen of games. All 3 members threw out a paper while I skillfully put out scissors. After being with my members for so long, they became so predictable. Paper is a favourite amongst us 5. Well, 4 without Yeri. I knew exactly which one they were going to throw out. Another score for Irene! I'm so good at what I do...

"Yah! Why does unnie always win?! I don't think this is fair. Seul, this is all your fault!"

"How is this my fault? You threw out paper as well! If anything it's Seungwan's fault! She won the Obama award! She should be smart enough to beat Irene!"

"My fault? It's not my fault Irene is so good at games!"

Aww. Wendy thinks I'm good at games. She's right though. I am a goddess.

"Ok everyone, quiet down would ya. Joy ssi, didn't you suggest we plan our debut? How abou-"

"PILLOW FIGHT!!!!"

"YAS!!!! C'MON SEUNGWAN GRAP A PILLOW!!!!"

"Ugh you guys are going to create such a big mess. I like it. PILLOW FIGHT! C'mon Irene unnie don't be such a grandma"

Pfft. These people always disresepct their elders don't they. I'll show them how a grandma acts...

"Take this!"

I threw my pillow as hard as I could and when I knocked Joy on the floor, I burst out laughing. The fight continued for what seemed like hours. That night was when I knew that maybe living with these dorks for the next few years won't be so bad. It might actually be fun!


 

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

Ugh! Second time this happens. I swear, I'm breaking this alarm clock. Why did I even bring it with me?

"Wake up everyone!!!! I prepared breakfast!! Pancakes! I know you love 'em Joy!"

Of course it was Wendy who woke us up. She is such an early bird. 

"Wooh! Pancakes! Yas! Thanks so much unnie. You know, you cook better than my mom."

"Ugh Soo. Next time how bout you put tape over your mouth when you sleep? You always sleep-talk. I couln't even sleep properly with your constant complaning."

"You're one to talk Seul! You with your loud snoring.... how about you wrap tape over your own mouth!"

"How about I wrap tape out of both of you!" Ugh, they can be so loud!

"How about we use our mouths for better purposes. Like, I don't know.... eating my pancakes!. They are getting cold everyone! Let's sit down on the kitchen table to eat!"

We all went to go sit on the table. Of course, Joy and Seulgi were glaring at each other. I swear these two never stop. They are such kids...  I wonder what will happen to our group when a real kid joins. Will Yeri make this duo even more weird?

"Hey, you guys wanna know a joke? Ok ok let me say it. When did the dad go to the dentist?"

"..."

"At tooth hurt-y! HAHAHAHAH JNKBBNKNKJN"

"Omg Wendy you're choking!"

Correction. Will Yeri make this TRIO even more weird?


"Hey, I just got a text from our stylist unnie. Apparently we are supposed to go and dye our hair so we can start preparing our debut music video."

"YAY! My hair is gonna be blue! My favourite colour!"

"Geez calm down Seungwan. Blue isn't even that exciting. Yellow is."

And there they go again. Fighting over nothing. Aish. What have I gotten myself into? I mean, were they this loud when we were trainees? Now that I think about it, yes.

"Hey, unnie, stop staring at us and smiling. You look like an old grandma again." That does it. You pulled the last straw Seungwan...

"SHUT UP AND GET READY!"

"Ok mom!"

Ugh. They are so annoying. Of course I still love them though. I must be getting ready as well. I wonder what I should wear to the hair salon... something casual should do. Jeans and a shirt. Nah, something even more comfortable. How about.... sweat pants with a button shirt? Yeah, that should do.

"Let's go. We're gonna be late. You know what happens when we're late. Punishment. 100 push-ups. So let's get a move on because I don't feel like working out this early in the morning"

Red Velvet's manager came to pick them up and drive them to the salon. It was only a 20 minute drive, but it felt like an hour. Wendy was constantly singing, Joy was eating, Seulgi was sleeping and Irene was just looking out the window. She was thinking about their debut. Will people even like us? Coming from SM, we should get popular from the beginning, right? That brings huge expectations...

"Here we are. Ok girls, I will come back to pick you up in 4 hours. I'll see you then."

"4 hours! Where are you going? Are you going on a date or something?!"

"No Seulgi. Welcome to the idol life. You guys are preparing your debut photoshoot. Make-up and hair will take very long. See you then. Bye~"

4 hours?! How the hell? Oh man, this is going to be a long day....

"Welcome Red Velvet, come on in! So today, I'll be your stylist. We will first be starting off with your hair. We decided not to dye all of your hair one colour as it would look too flashy for a debut. We will only dye the tips of your hair. There will be bleaching required however, firstly, we must dye your hair dark brown so all of you have the same shade. Then, we will do the tips. Lastly, we will apply your make-up. During this period of time, you are welcome to sleep. Yes! And so, let us begin!"

I went straight to sleep and didn't wake up until we were finished and oh god, how I wished that I just stayed asleep. Wendy was killing me with her beauty. How the hell can someone look so pretty? She was like, a goddess. I'm supposed to be the goddess! Not her! Everyone was drooling on her. Ugh, what about me? I'm pretty too! Not as pretty as her though. Ugh shut up Irene inside my head!

"Wow Seungwan unnie, you look great"

"You think so? Thank you!"

Pfft. You look ok. Not great. Stop lying to yourself Irene. Whatever.

"Ok so now that you're done with your make-up and hair, we should start bringing you back to the company so you guys could start recording your song and filming the MVs. I'll call your handsome manager to pick you up."

The stylist just giggled. And did she just call our manager handsome? This girl is weird... is there something  going on between these two?

"Ok, he should be here in 10 minutes. In the mean time, why not listen to the demo of your debut song, "Happiness"?

""Happiness"? We're debuting with a song named that? I thought we were supposed to be a mixture of SNSD and F(x) sunbaenims. "Happiness" does not sound like a title for that."

"Oh c'mon Seulgi unnie, give it a chance. We didn't even listen to it yet. Go on, play it. I bet SM gave us the best song ever!"

'Here it goes."

Sometimes, you gotta be bold. Just rock the world. booyah~!

What the hell is this? I don't see the F(x) or Snsd in this!

Lalala lalala lalalala (happiness!) Lalala lalala lalalala Are you happy? uh!

With this debut song? Nope.

Gomineun go up Kkulkkulhan gibun change up Himeul naeryeogo ije wind up

Han bange meotjin iri gadeuk straight up Nan maeil deo Style up

... why is this song so... happy? Oh, right. The title is "Happiness". But still, it's so kiddy-ish. I'm 23! Woah, finally a really good part!

Are you happy? uh! Shine on me Let it shine on me Nae pume Let it shine shine on me Let it shine on me Nae du pare Let it shine Lalala lalala lalalala (happiness) Lalala lalala lalalala (nan wonhae) Lalala lalala lalalala (kkumkkuja) Lalala lalala lalalala Happiness!

"Sengwan ssi will be singing that "Shine on me" part. UGH IT'S ALWAYS HER WHO GETS THE GOOD PARTS! For the rest if the song, I don't know yet. So, what do you guys think of it?"

Are we seriously debuting with this song?


 

 

 

Wooh! First chapter is done! This is sort of short compared to what I normally write. This was all sort of a mini intro so my future chapters will indeed be longer. So, what did y'all think? I feel like Irene was actually like this before. A bit jealous lol. Maybe not but anyways, I'm making her like this for now lol. Also, I feel like the Red Velvet members didn't like "Happiness" that much. It's too childish I find. Red Velvet debuted at a pretty mature age aside from Yeri who didn't even join yet. Idk, I'm just assuming here haha. I also feel like even if Seulgi is quiet on variety shoes and is "no jam", she has a fun side with her members. So I hope you guys liked it and I will try to update often. Bye and thank you! Also, I feel like Irene was not prepared to be the rapper and leader lol. I always thought Wendy was both lmao. Anyways, now she's doing a good job so I'm not complaining.

Anyways, thank you and I'll try to update frequently!