Couch (oneshot)

Couch

"Don't forget to grab your-" Jennie grabs her coat before storming out of Yoongi's car "...coat." She's mad. He sighs and slumps down on his seat. After all, it is his fault.

 

Today is their second year anniversary. Yoongi knows this. And he knows that she planned an expensive dinner at a five-star restaurant, and that he was supposed to meet her there at 7 PM sharp. Only, he came past 8 PM. He did not expect to be stuck in traffic. When he arrived, it was clear that Jennie was ing mad at him. He could feel her aura even from the entrance.

 

He turns the engine off and exits his car. When he looks up, he sees Jennie enter the elevator, and proceeded without him. When she's mad, he knows he should keep his distance. And it seems like Jennie is doing him a favour.

 

"Guess I'm taking the couch tonight."

 

 


Today is their second year anniversary, but they have been together far longer. This second year anniversary is really about them going public with their relationship. Before going public, they already have been dating for three years. They met each other at music and award shows. During BLACKPINK's early years, they never got the chance to get to know each other. They only exchanged looks and greetings when they chanced upon each other. It was not until Tablo personally invited Yoongi over YG headquarters to do some collaboration work. And coincidentally, Jennie was also there. Although awkward at first, working on songs together helped them ease into each other's presence. Not long after, they began seeing each other more often. Meetings for work slowly became small breaks at the nearby coffee shop. Breaks for snacks slowly became secretive dates late at night where they share each other stories and longing gazes.

 

After going public, there was nothing else to hide. Jennie suggested that they live together. Reluctant at first, he gave into her suggestion. Their flat is quite a nice place. It has one bedroom that they share, two bathrooms, an open area for living and dining, a kitchen, and a private studio he can always use. It is like living a dream since he did not need to go outside as much. Much to Jennie's dismay. Their location is also quite convenient. It has a great view of the city, and it is within close proximity to their respective companies. And they do not need to pay rent. After all, Jennie's parents are paying for everything as their form of blessing. He was quite surprised that they are fine with their daughter dating an idol who's alter ego has STD in their name. They accepted him with open arms.

 

Dating for more than 5 years, Yoongi is quite happy with his relationship. Their relationship is pretty steady. Of course, it is not complete without a couple of road blocks here and there. And right now, there is one in front of him.

 

 


When he arrives at their flat, he unlocks the door with his key only to find that Jennie has already put the chain lock on. Expected. He tries calling for her but is only met with silence. Left with no other choice, he wedges his arm through the door gap and removes the chain. Nearly impossible, but still possible. He needs to upgrade their door lock soon.

 

When he passes the kitchen, he notices the door to their bedroom closed. A clear sign of 'stay away'. He places his car keys on the counter and s his shirt. When she's mad, he knows he should keep his distance. And it seems like Jennie is really doing him a favour. He removes his watch and lays it on the coffee table. He sits down on the couch and releases his breath he did not know he was holding. He feels really bad. He cannot just let the day end like this without at least saying sorry.

 

As much as Jennie wants to avoid him, he knows that she will greatly appreciate a heartfelt apology. Collecting his thoughts, he stands up from the couch and quietly walks to their bedroom. Here it goes. He knocks on the door twice. No reply. He knocks on the door twice again. No reply. He knows she is on the other side completely aware of his presence. So he just goes with it.

 

"Jennie...I'm sorry for coming late today. I know how much this day means to you. Because today is just as important to me as it is to you. It wasn't my intention to embarrass you at the restaurant. It wasn't my intention to leave you hanging like that. It wasn't my intention to hurt you at all. Please, forgive me. Just open the door so I can make it up to you."

 

No reply. Well, at least she cannot blame him for not apologizing. Not wanting to push her over the edge, he quietly returns back to the couch. It is better than having to sleep at someone else's place. He accepts his fate.

 

As already mentioned, dating for more than 5 years, their relationship is pretty steady with a few bumps here and there. He knows that by next morning, everything will be back to normal. Too bad, he did not expect it too soon.

 

Yoongi fell asleep on the couch immediately. If only he waited just a bit longer. Just a few minutes later, Jennie exits their bedroom to invite him back in. Seeing no one in front of the door, she checks the living room to find him sleeping soundly on the couch. She feels a bit guilty for giving him the cold shoulder. She returns back to their room to grab some pillows and blankets. Returning to the living room, she adjusts Yoongi's head onto a pillow so that he is more comfortable. Moving his arms out of the way, she lays on top of him and covers their bodies with the blanket. She feels him move.

 

"Jennie?" Yoongi calls her name half-asleep, half-awake.

 

"Sorry, did I wake you?" She looks at him.

 

"No, no it's okay. I'm sorry about what happened today, and I just wa-"

 

"Shush, it's okay now. Apology accepted. Do you want to move to the bed?"

 

"Nah, I'm pretty comfortable. You?"

 

"Same." Jennie lays her head on his chest prompting Yoongi to run his fingers through her hair.

 

Yoongi releases a sigh of relief. Glad that they got over the bump way sooner than expected. At least now, he is not sleeping alone on the couch.