I. The Beginning

Bodyguard

 

I uncomfortably pulled my pencil skirt down and shifted in my seat. 

"This is so stupid. The company hires bodyguards and provides them with a pencil skirt and 3 inched heels," I murmured and gave up on fixing it.

"Always look your best. You never know who you'll meet~!" Soo Jin said.

"Yeah, right. I'm meeting my brother. Gross."

"Awesome..." Soo Jin countered with dreamy eyes.

I cringed and shook my head disapprovingly. The butler came to an abrupt stop and ahead of me was the ShinHan Building.

"Uwaaahhhhhh~!" Soo Jin exclaimed, admiring the building on his tippy toes like a child. I immediately ran in because, well, I've seen this building about a trillion times. Soo Jin quickly followed behind. "What's the rush? It's not like he's going to get killed right now," he states calmly.

"Why are you so calm at a time like this. The CEO is in danger. My brother, is in danger."

"I'm sorry, I didn't know you'd act out like this because I mean, you weren't necessarily on good terms with him," Soo Jin quietly mumbled. I sighed and nearly pressed the elevator button atleast 10 times per second. 

"Ugh, it. It's going to be busy and fully occupied for awhile. Let's take the stairs," I directed and ran up the steps 2 at a time. When I reached the double doors that lead to the CEO's office, I realized my hands were shaking and I was a nervous wreck. Shi Woo and I haven't seen eachother in literally years. Has it been 4 years? Or 6 years? 10? I didn't even remember anymore. I swung the doors open and and walked into the AC'ed room.

"Park HeeYoung, reporting to duty," I managed to introduce, in an almost stable tone of voice. His back was to us, and he was overlooking the view from the huge window. He slowly turned around, one of his legs crossed over the other and his chin resting on his hand. 

"Good afternoon, HeeYoung," he greeted, in a very emotionless tone. It was pretty obvious that he has been worn out to the extreme and hasn't had any type of fun in awhile. Despite that, his face was still about the same; pale, flawless, light brown eyes, tall nose bridge; he reminded me of mom from the pictures I've seen. I wanted to ask so many questions, but refused to break from my professional role I had.

"I was informed that you were a target for assassination. My role is to protect you as much as I can, since father- ... Since Mr.Park has told me to do so. Please do not be bothered by my daily appearance here, for this is only my duty. But to begin with, I recommend you stay away from windows and-"

"Alright. Thank you. My work here is done for today, and I would very much like to rest. Please leave."

"But sir-"

"Your duty is over for today. I'm not giving you an option, its a demand. You may leave now."

"...Very well then," I hesitantly conceded and bowed 90 degrees before taking my leave. 

 

"DID YOU SEE HOW HOT AND AMAZING AND GORGEOUS AND INTELLIGENT AND Y AND BEAUTIFUL HE LOOKED?! Now that's an attractive piece of art," Soo Jin exclaimed the moment we began descending the flight of stairs. I half smiled and sighed.

"Do you think Shi Woo hates me Soo Jin?" I abruptly asked, my footsteps becoming heavy with the weight of my thoughts on my shoulders. He tilted his head in confusion.

"I don't...think so atleast? I mean, why would he have a reason to?" 

I softly laughed. "You're right."

There was only silence until we walked out the huge building doors, and entered the limo that previously dropped us off.

"You know what?" Soo Jin says, breaking the tension between my thoughts and I.

"What?"

"We worked hard today. Let's treat ourselves to a nice Korean cuisine! Do you know that place, Elizabeth's Kingdom? They serve really good sushi, teriyaki, and kimchi there! Plus they have good udon noodles and bulgogi. Let's go, yeah?!"he excitedly suggested.

"What was so hard about today? We literally walked up the stairs. That's like, the most we did I believe," I remarked.

"Do you know how hard it is to walk up stairs, nonetheless get out of my seat in my office and leaving my cat mousepad? It's very hard."

"I don't know, I'm kind of tired of today. I just want to take a nap."

"I'll treat~!"

I turned to look at him slowly. "We should TOTALLY go to Elizabeth's Kingdom!" 

Soo Jin shook his head and laughed. Suddenly, the limo was sent spinning and I knocked my head against the car window. Smoke was in the air from the blown tire and I could smell the burning scent travel to my nose. I can't recall how long it was before I finally recovered from the blow. Holding my head, I scanned the car for the others. 

"Are you guys alright?!" I shouted. 

The butler was unconscious, but Soo Jin was awake. 

"I'm fine... I think."

"Soo Jin, the side of your head is bleeding! We need to get you guys to the hospital immediately!" I directed and grabbed Soo Jin by the arm, holsting him out the car. As soon as we stepped out, my eyes darted around. "Why did we spin out...?" I asked myself and inspected our surroundings for any causes. What I saw was not what I expected. A man with a mask, at the top of the building that soared above us, with a sniper. He pulled back his gun and was soon out of sight.

"Soo Jin, grab the butler and let's get the out of here before someone gets even more hurt!" 

, this means the assassin is nearby. Shi Woo is in constant danger.

 

I made sure Soo Jin and the butler were safe in their hospital beds before getting my own wounds checked. The impact of the car window against my head had started to take it's toll.

"Are you alright Miss Park? Should I get your father?"

I immediately stood up and shook my hands infront of me.

"Definitely not! I can take care of myself. As a matter of fact, please don't notify him about this at all. I'm pretty sure he has other issues at hand,"  I retorted back and struggled to keep my balance. 

"Miss Park, please take a seat. The last thing we want is for you to be in worse conditions."

I nodded my head and carefully sat down on the side of the hospital bed once again. "Well since you're here, we should catch up. I think the last time you were here was 2 months ago when you received your flu shot."

Did I mention Nurse Han and I were pretty close? She was like the mother that I never had while growing up. While I was attending the physical training classes my dad would assign me to, I would aquire lots of bruises, cuts, and injuries. The person that I would see so often was Nurse Han, and we grew closer that way. 

"Alright then, since you're so obsessed with me," I joked and let out a small laugh while rolling my eyes.

As she wrapped my injured upper arm in a cloth, she asked, "Boyfriend? Who was the guy you brought in here with you? Wasn't his name Jin Soo or something?"

"Soo Jin. No, I have no boyfriend. I'm going to die alone. I thought we talked about this before. I'm going to grow up, live with as much puppies as possible, and be happy by myself. Besides, Soo Jin is gay, homoual, likes men, get it?" I replied and rested my chin on my palm. I really don't like when people pick at my personal life, no matter how close you are to me. I'm just not a really open person and I didn't grow up to be emotional or empathetic either, like most women are. I guess it was because my mother was never really there for me since I lost her at 3 years old. However, I remember very clearly that my mom never returned home one day. But anyway, enough about all that depressing stuff.

"I doubt you'll die alone! You're beautiful, talented, and an amazing person overall. You'll find a great man one day."

"Thanks for all that but you're technically obligated to say that because I'm the Corporate's daughter and you work for him. Besides, my self defense instincts would probably lead to him getting a punch in the s if he so dares as try to be cute and hug me from behind or something. I'm absolutely fine by myself, thank you very much. Enough of this, you should go check on SooJin and the butler. I'll be getting some sleep now," I said, yawning.

She hesitated to stand up, but nodded and took her leave.

The moment Nurse Han left, I felt the pain shooting from my hand to the rest of my arm. "Enough of this HeeYoung-ah. We need to find out who this person is immediately," I murmured and pulled myself up, heading out of the hospital.

 

Author's POV

Nurse Han entered the room SooJin and the butler was in. 

"How are you guys doing? Feel any better?"

"No Ahjumma. We've only been here for like, 1 hour and 30 minutes approximately. We don't have excessive healing powers," SooJin replied sarcastically through clenched teeth, feeling his bandaged head.

"A-Ahjumma?" Nurse Han repeated, taken aback at his rude address.

"Where's HeeYoung?"

"I left her in the hospital room because she said she wanted to rest a b-"

"YOU LEFT HER IN THE HOSPITAL ROOM? BY HERSELF?" SooJin exclaimed and sat up quickly, putting on his shoes that were placed beside his hosital bed.

"Yes, what's wrong with that? She needs as much rest as possible, and so do you, so please lay back down."

"Ahjumma Han, knowing HeeYoung, she's probably already halfway back to the Shinhan Building by now," SooJin explained, putting a hand on Nurse Han's shoulder, then running off.

 

 

 

 

 


Hey everyone! It's me again, with the first chapter!

Sorry I took so long to post it, but I've been editting this chapter, and adding on to it, and deleting things, and ugh. It's been rough. LOL, but it's here now, so enjoy! (: I'll be updating again soon, so stay tuned my loves !

 

- simply_writing <3

 

★ Quote of the day: It's okay to be a glowstick. Sometimes we have to break before we shine.