two

Palette
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CRIMSON RED. 

anger, hatred, confidence, action

 

Yoongi, unlike others his age, saw life differently in its most literal sense. He'd grown up accustomed to the different shades littering the sky, to the varying splash of hues on the television, to the distinct pigments held in every passing person's eyes. Friends didn't seem to believe his words and elders grew too surprised to ask how he was able to see it at a very young age. Was he not supposed to see it then? Why were elders, the ones who had more knowledge on the matter, exempted from the strange looks he'd get whenever others know of his predicament?

 

Yoongi slipped through the maze of people, hands in his pockets, head bent down while the buzzing sound of the bustling city life hammered his ears. He could hear the whizzing sound of cars passing by, mismatched voices murmuring over the vast street area, a child's wailing overpowering the constant noise. Yoongi scrunched his nose up at the increasing volume but continue to point his gaze at the floor beneath him, scanning over the occasional tiny patches of color against the gray bricks.

 

It made him think back to the first time he'd seen it. He was a little over 3 years old and two long centuries had already passed since then. Two dots a space away from each other was all his brain managed to salvage.

 

A buzz against his leg made Yoongi open his phone. He picked up without a moment of hesitation after a glance at the contact name. 

 

Worried gasps sound from the other end. "Sunho - "

 

"Where?" He asked, tone stone cold.

 

"The park near his academy - "

 

"I'll be there," Yoongi speedily hung up, a muscle on his jaw clenching.

 

Yoongi stopped for a second on his path to secure his phone inside his pocket and made his way faster against the current when a warm body slamming onto his halts his actions. He didn't have time to waste. 

 

But time he did waste after facing the culprit.

 

The girl didn't look anything special. She was of a shorter height, her head only reaching the tip of his chin. Her long straight hair, pointed brown eyes and pink tinted lips weren't an uncommon sight. Yoongi had seen plenty other women with better features. 

 

But he couldn't deny the sudden tightness of his throat, nor the subtle shiver racking his body from the slightest contact. 

 

His blank eyes stared at hers for God knows how many seconds, or minutes, had passed and the faint movement of her hand he'd caught from the corner of his eyes made him remember his cause.

 

Yoongi immediately turned away, forcing the stranger out of his mind and sped through the corner, making his way to the destination the caller had said.

 

He reached the site gasping out of breath after running the last few minutes but was only greeted with a bunch of people whispering furiously with each other. 

 

"Hyung!"

 

Yoongi turned and faced his direction, sighing in relief at the neater state he didn't expect him to be in. He noticed the more obvious hushes surrounding the area.

 

"How'd you get here?" Sunho asked.

 

"How'd you get here?" Yoongi returned the question back to the younger boy.

 

"I was taking a brief walk. It's been a tough week in school," Sunho puckered his lips in a pout. Yoongi's heart felt a little less heavier at the sight, only to come back tenfold at the noticeable dried patches dirtying his clothes.

 

"What's that," Yoongi asked, appearing instead like a statement from his straight tone.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter