Stay With Me

Stay With Me

It was night time in the city of Seoul. Though if one were to listen closely they’d her the sound of a window being opened and slowly closed as Kyungri left. And if anyone were to listen closer they’d hear Cheng Xiao’s desperately sad sigh.

 

------

 

“Please Cheng Xiao you promised you’d let me set you up on a blind date.” Eunseo pleaded with a pout. Cheng Xiao gave in knowing she was right. “Fine, fine where am I going?”

 

Eunseo jumped excitedly. “It’s at that restaurant your friend Kyungri works at.”

 

Cheng Xiao’s mouth went dry. “K-kyungri?” She stuttered.

 

Eunseo eyed her curiously. “Yeah that won’t be a problem will it?”

 

Cheng Xiao shook her head quickly. “No, I just haven’t seen her in a while.” She lied. Eunseo eyes her for a moment longer, before shrugging it off. “Alright let’s get your outfit ready.”

 

----

 

Cheng Xiao bit her lip anxiously. It felt like the whole world was staring as she entered the restaurant. Her eyes wavered around the room, stopping at a table in the center of the room. Perfect. She moved through the tables, stopping at her designated table with a smile. The boy finally looked up from his menu as she sat down. He struggled to keep his mouth closed.

 

He stuck his hand out waiting for her to grab. The two sparked up a conversation after introducing themselves.

 

Though on the other side of the room stood a glaring Kyungri. “Anybody home?” Kyungri looked away from the couple. She lifted an eyebrow at her friend Jae. “What?”

 

“I was asking if you wanted me to get that table or,” He trailed hoping to get her answer. She shook her head. “Nobody gets them, make them wait.” She said before storming out through the back door.

 

At least twenty minutes had passed since Cheng Xiao and her date had been trying to get any waiters attention. Finally they managed to stop Jae, who looked over to Kyungri in question. She nodded with a smirk. Once Jae had returned with the order, only to be told to ruin. Jae returned to the table trying to hide his mischievous smile as he set the plates down.

 

Her date coughed awkwardly as Jae pretended to be shocked at the incorrect dishes. He bowed lightly apologizing with a promise to fix his mistake.

 

After a few more ‘accidents’ Kyungri  decided her work was done. She grabbed her jacket, flashing Cheng Xiao a wink before leaving. Not even two seconds later Cheng Xiao followed after her.

 

“What is your problem?” Cheng Xiao questioned as she made her way towards Kyungri. Kyungri turned with a blank face. “What ever do you mean, kitten?” Cheng Xiao took a  step back, hating tht you used that nickname at a time like this.

 

“I know it was you who sabotaged the dte.” She snapped.

 

Kyungri crossed her arms with a shrug. “Why are you even on a date anyway?”

 

“That’s none of your business.”

 

Kyungri scoffed at the comment. “How would it not be any of my business, I’m the one who spends the most time with you.”

 

Cheng Xiao looked away knowing she was right. “You know what nevermind, I’m just going to go finish my date, which I was enjoy.”

 

Before Cheng Xiao could even turn away fully she was pulled back. Her back now against Kyungri’s car. She melted at the way Kyungri’s hand her face. Her eyes soft as they stared into her’s.“Is that true kitten, are you actually enjoying this date?” She asked. “Have you two actually gotten to know each other? Does he know what you like or hate?” Cheng Xiao opened to speak but nothing came out. “Does he know that we sleep right beside each other every night.”

 

“It’s not like you ever stay!”

 

“Should I, when you still continue to go on a blind dates.”

 

Cheng Xiao looked at her with watery eyes. Then stay.”

 

Kyungri looked at her quizzically. “What?”

 

“Promise to stay with me , tonight or any other night and I’ll stop.”

 

Without hesitation Kyungri pulled her into a kiss, not before uttering the words ‘I promise’