Old Friends

Three Pointer Shot

As Daniel stepped into his new dorm, he found his best friend Ong Seongwoo sitting on his bed, playing with his phone, which seemed like he was playing a game. Daniel chuckled and Seongwoo looked up and smiled instantly. 

"Yo, how are you my man?" Seongwoo and Daniel did a little bro-shake. As Daniel continued to let out a small laugh he spoke, " I'm good, how are you? How was your vacation to Hawaii? Any pretty ladies?" Daniel bit his lip and smiled while nudging Seongwoo on the side. 

"One or two." Seongwoo smiled and walked over to the small couch, sat comfortably and the television.

"How was your summer? Do anything fun?" He asked.

"Traveled to Japan and Taiwan. It was pretty amazing." Daniel let his luggage onto the floor and started to unpack. "Are you ready for first day of classes tomorrow?" Daniel asked.

"Pretty excited actually, how was Japan and Taiwan?" Seongwoo asked while flipping through channels.

"The food there is amazing and the scenery is beautiful. That is all I have to say." Daniel smiled as he slid his luggage beneath his bed.

"Do you want to go to the cafeteria and get some icecream? Kind of want something sweet." Seongwoo suggessted.

"Yeah we should go." Daniel smiled as they both walked out of their dorm.

-

As Daniel and Seongwoo were walking out of the cafeteria with their icecream, Daniel saw Sorim talking to her friends.

"Sorim!" Daniel said out loudly.

Sorim turned her head and saw Daniel and his friend. She went up to Daniel and glanced at his friend.

"What are you doing out of your dorm so late?" Daniel asked.

"Then why are you out so late?" Sorim giggled.

Daniel couldn't help but to acknowledge her question. "Oh, this is my best friend and roommate, Seongwoo." He patted Seongwoo's back. 

"Nice to meet you." Seongwoo smiled.

"Pleasure." Sorim smiled back and bowed.

"Did you do your summer assignment for math class?" Daniel asked Sorim and in a matter of seconds, Sorim had a surprised look on her face. She covered with her hand and lightly screamed.

"That 20 page assignment..right?!" She panicked. Daniel and Seongwoo started to chuckle and Daniel nodded. Right then and there, Sorim ran away back to her dorm because she didn't even start the assignment.

"That dork." Daniel chuckled and started to eat his icecream. 

"She's cute." Seongwoo smiled and let out a small single laugh. Daniel looked at Seongwoo and smirked. 

"She's my closest friend, don't even try." Daniel nudged him against the side and they both chuckled and walked off. 

-

That night, Sorim stayed at the library by herself trying to solve every problem. She would lightly hit her head and talk to herself.

"You're such a dumb person, how can you forget about this assignment and not do it?!" She was annoyed at herself.

"I can help you if you want." 

She looked up, and noticed that it was Daniel's friend, Seongwoo. Sorim let out a small cough due to the surprise visit and stood up. While bowing she apologized, "No, it's okay. It's my fault that I forgot." 

Giggling, Seongwoo sat down across from her while placing his books on the table. "I'm pretty sure you could get this done faster with my help, plus I don't mind." He gave her a small smie.

"I mean... I would be so grateful if you could help..." She slid a piece of paper with problems on it to him.

Seongwoo looked at her and smiled, he grasped his attention to the problems and started to work on them.