~18~

Igniting the Spark

I was insistent this time on the fact that I was NOT going to wear another dress. Parties weren’t particularly stressful anymore, and I had found ways of having a good time, but the dress did nothing to help that. I had pulled on some skinny jeans (Lea and Jade’s bare minimum), a loose tee, and converse. People kept asking me to dance whenever I went to parties, so this was better anyway.

Finally walking up to the house, which Tae continued to insist should be named the Cypher house for whatever reason, I sighed. Literally almost all of the parties were here, the tenants must be crazy or something.

“I’m sure you’ll ditch me after 10 minutes anyway so I might as well say I’ll see your drunken asses later while you can still hear me.” I rolled my eyes at my friends, stepping up on the porch with them.

Speaking of said crazy tenants, our first one was here to greet us as usual. “Weeeeelcome!! So glad you could make it! What would be a party without you guys… I mean what would a party be…?” Yoongi squinted in confusion at his choice of grammar. He clearly had started partying a little early today. “ANYWAY! Drinks are-“

“Yeah yeah, we know.” Jade , smiling. “Maybe you should get some water too.”

Yoongi pouted (yes, pouted). “Being sober is NOT fun. We want to have fun. Sorry you’re not having as much fun as meeee~”

On that note he started walking to the stairs for a reason I couldn’t come up with. We just laughed and made our way to the kitchen. I saw Namjoon was busy talking to someone instead of making drinks so I looked to see who else was here so far.

Taehyung spotted us before I saw him and I was met with an awkward hug to the side. “KELSEY!” I warily watched the cup in his hand until he let go. “I have to buy you a drink!” He gave a strange grin/smirk.

“I’m pretty sure all the drinks are on the house.” I raised my eyebrows in amusement and laughed. At this moment I realized Lea and Jade had already left me. How do they sneak away so well… This was a new record I swore.

“Shhhhh…” Tae giggled right next to my face.

“Good god, you’re a lightweight…” I couldn’t help but snicker at him. I swear you can never predict how drunk Tae will act, from the parties I’d gone too he would either be really flirtatious or really lovey, as he seemed to be now.

“You’re not any better than me.” He wasn’t lying… I always made sure not to drink too much at the parties. He seemed to pull another cup out of nowhere and handed it to me. “You have to catch up, come on now.”

“Ew, come on, I’m not drinking some stranger’s leftovers from the table.”

He looked offended. “Excuse me but I mixed this myself before you came! It’s the Tae Tae special!! I made Minie and Kookie ones too, I’d been waiting on you three for the rest!” He gestured to a couple other cups behind his back on a shelf.

“Oh wow, I feel so special.” I took a big gulp while he grinned some more. It was awful, so it probably had a lot of alcohol.

“Yay!! …Where is Jaden anyway?” He frowned.

“I don’t know man, they ditched me. So rude.” I took another drink, waiting for the buzz to kick in.

“Didn’t even say hi to me!!” Tae pretended to be upset but his expression changed after two seconds like he got an idea. “LET’S GO DANCE!” He grabbed my arm and started pulling me out of the kitchen before I could comprehend what was happening. It was all I could do to make sure my drink didn’t spill.

I probably ended up giving more attention to my drink than my dancing when we made it out there. Eventually I saw Jimin over with his girlfriend dancing together with massive smiles. I swear they had the best relationship on campus, they’d been together so long now and were so cute it made me want to throw up.

Tae yelled loudly at me to be heard over the music, “Chim would rather hang out with his girlfriend than me?!” Before I could stop him, he started heading over to them. “Come on Tori, Jimin’s a loser.” Tae literally took his girlfriend’s hand and stole her from him before walking away somewhere else to dance like a spaz.

Jimin just stood there blinking before looking at me. “What the hell?”

I sighed. “This is Tae we’re talking about.”

“True.”

We stood there somewhat awkwardly for a few moments before Jimin looked at me with an unreadable expression. “…Want to dance battle?”

I looked at him for a second and then gulped down the last of my drink. “Hell yeah!”

 

The party was still going great even a couple hours later. Jimin probably danced better than me but my “fanbase” disagreed. My slightly tipsy self was willing to accept any victory of course though. I had spent most of the time dancing, thanks to Hoseok the Amazing DJ’s great choice in music. I had found Lea at one point and we danced for a song before I lost her again. Taehyung had brought me another drink and I probably got a bit more tipsy than I should have, but I had sobered up quite a bit by now.

Looking back, it probably would have been a better idea to go elsewhere after spotting Kyle, seeing as he appeared to have a distaste for me as it was when we had class. Whether it was from the drinks or pure stupidity on my part I’m not sure, but I didn’t leave. I knew the door to outside was just past him and my brain had decided it was time for fresh air, regardless of the guard to it.

I slipped past him to the outside and it didn’t seem he noticed anyway. It was a bit chilly out in the open air but it was refreshing in comparison to the packed house. It felt like I was fully sober after just a couple minutes. The stars were out tonight and if you ignored the bass resonating from the house, it was gorgeous to see.

I was still lost looking up before I felt the harsh grip on my wrist, yanking me further from the door to the house. I stumbled and had a hard time maintaining my balance as I was dragged by the arm. I tried to pull back but it only left my shoulder aching as the tight grip didn’t loosen. Before I could even look up high enough to identify the person, the hand left my wrist and instead gripped my upper arm, along with the other side as well. I felt my body slam into the wall of the house and pain shot through my shoulders and the back of my head. My head was spinning too much to shout before the hand clamped over my mouth.

My eyes widened when they could focus enough to see Kyle appearing angry before me. “Okay Kelsey, this is how things are gonna go right here. You don’t like this right?” Fear started grinding in my stomach and I hesitantly shook my head, to the best of my ability at least. “Great, so you have to listen to what I’m saying and I’ll let you go. Make sense?” I tried to glare at him but the crease of worry covering my brow did none to look defiant I was sure. I eventually nodded, restricted as the movement was.

“Awesome. So where to start…” He feigned a look of thought and brought his eyes back to me, hardening his gaze. “I know everyone else seems to be falling for that little act you had going on before, but not me. That shy little ‘oh I can’t dance’ thing you seemed to put up was ing annoying from the start, but the fact that you used that to make it look like you were improving so vastly is just disgusting.”

His grip over my mouth had loosened significantly. Despite being scared, I looked at him in confusion. “I don’t…”

“Don’t pretend now either, I see right through you. And I’m not about to let you take what’s mine. I have worked my off all of this year and I’m not about to let some manipulative little steal the lead positions I deserve.” He only seemed to grow angrier and I felt myself shrinking. “So. I want you to take a step back. Understand?”

He removed his hand from my face and instead gripped my arms tightly again. “Y-you… You want me to stop dancing like I do?...”

Kyle pulled on a smile filled only with malice. “Just take it down a notch. You’ve done it before and I’m sure you can do it again.”

He gave me a last shove before letting go and going back in the house.


A/N: This is the last chapter I wrote :'(. The summary of what I planned on happening is up right after this if you would like to read it.