Fool

Lucky Girl - SeulRene

'I warned you,' Sooyoung hissed, genuinely angry. 'I should've never let you fall so deep.'

Joohyun sighs into her hands, refusing to move from the taller female's side.

'It's okay,'

'Is it, though? Is it really? Or are you just trying to convince yourself that nothing is wrong? Because I don't believe you.'

'I should've listened to you.'

Sooyoung hesitates.

'Now, I won't argue with that, but I will tell you that she is just no good. Kang Seulgi is evil!'

Even though she was hurt, Joohyun couldn't help but feel bad for Seulgi.

'Don't call her evil..'

'Joohyun, stop this! She is mean!'

'Perhaps she wouldn't be if you hadn't called her such things.'

'Oh, don't say that. We call her cold for a reason, it didn't just grow on her.'

'But she offered to take over the teacher's detention duty. Surely that means her heart isn't completey cold.'

'Don't do this to yourself. Thinking about her isn't helping. If you can't see her the way everyone else does, then I'll have to show you.'

'I don't want to think like that,' Joohyun finally sits up. 'I want to understand her.'

'You just don't get it. She's not the girl you wanted her to be, but I did try to tell you that. You're afraid of being wrong, that's all.'

'If I knew, if everyone knew, what she was really like, then maybe we would all stop prejudging her.'

'But you saw it with your own eyes, Joohyun. You were upset, and it was all her fault.'

'All her fault? I wouldn't be so sure about that..'

Joohyun glances at Sooyoung, who no longer looks interested, before leaning back into her side, deciding not to speak any more.

•••

'Guess what?' Yerim asks with a frown as she sat down in her sat.

'You're pregnant.' Joohyun replies tiredly, rubbing her eyes.

From beside her, Sooyoung watches them both, seeming very alarmed.

'Pregnant?' She mutters. 'Kim Yerim, do you have something to tell me?'

'What? No! I'm not pregnant,' Yerim is just as confused as Sooyoung. 'I was actually going to tell you both about the girl who joined today.'

'There's a new girl?' Joohyun sat up straight, suddenly interested.

'Yes, she's really beautiful and I believe she is from Canada.'

'Canada? Wow, that's so cool! What's her name?'

'Ah, it's um... oh yes! It's Wendy.'

'Wendy?' Sooyoung's jaw dropped. 'We should befriend her!'

'No, no, that would be a very bad idea.'

'Why?'

Yerim glances at Joohyun, before turning back to Sooyoung.

'Because she became friends with Kang Seulgi.'

Joohyun blinked.

'She did..?'

'Great, another evil person has arrived.'

'What did I tell you?' Joohyun snapped. 'Seulgi is not evil.'

'Eh.. To be fair, she kinda is..'

When Joohyun didn't even look at either of them or even said another word, they both knew it was time to stop.

'Yes, so befriending her will not be very good.'

'Why not?' Joohyun muttered.

'Because - uh, because.. that doesn't matter.'

The blonde girl suddenly stood up.

'I'm going to talk to her.'

'Uh, are you sure? I mean, our little group we've got here is enough, right? There's no need to step outside of your comfort zone.'

'I'm not! I'm going to ask her to be friends.'

'And if she says no?' Sooyoung frowned.

'She won't,' Joohyun checked the time. 'I'll go now. Save me a seat in History, this may take a while.'

She wanders off, the other two watching her every move.

'She's that way.'

'Yeah, I knew that.' Joohyun said, flustered as she turned and made her way through the cafeteria.

•••

It had been only two minutes.

Joohyun sat down in her original seat, pouting and internally whining. She fidgeted in her chair, practically having a tantrum. It was like having a two year old moan and complain that someone stole their candy and continuously give everyone the silent treatment until they are given back their precious sweets.

She let out a low groan, almost like a growl, which had finally caught Sooyoung and Yerim's attention.

It was clear to see what was wrong; Wendy didn't want to be her friend.

'Do you still want us to save you that seat in History?' Sooyoung said, holding back a laugh.

'Shut up,' Joohyun hissed.