Chapter Ninteen

My Diagnosed Remedy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“This customer is getting this error and I can’t find any information about it,” an agent said, causing Taehyung to walk over to him and look at the screen. “I don’t know what to do.”

“Well what’s the error?” Taehyung asked, pulling up a chair to sit down next to him. He and Jungkook have been walking around and talking to the different CS agents. Every once in a while Taehyung would answer questions for the agents when their supervisors weren’t around. This was one of those cases. “Are they on a computer or a tv?”

“It’s on a tv,” the agent said. “On every app he clicks on it says there’s a JC communication error. Contact us. And the code is j59a9.”

“Have you troubleshooted anything?” Taehyung asked, causing the agent to shake his head. “Walk him through his network settings to make sure 
everything is connected. Also, email those steps up to Kim Seokjin and we’ll have the team do some research on it.”

“What is Kim Seokjin’s email?” the boy asked with a frown.

“It’s [email protected] It should be in directions for escalation emails,” Taehyung said, before standing up and bowing. “Reach out if the network settings don’t help.”

Taehyung then walked over to Jungkook, who was laughing along with one of the agents. He stood next to the other boy with his arms crossed, trying to catch on to the conversation. He had no idea what they were talking about, so he just smiled and nodded. Jungkook looked up at him with a soft smile, throwing his arm around his shoulders. Taehyung smiled back, a tingling feeling flowing through his body. 

“Hey,” Jungkook said, turning his head to look at Taehyung. “Want to go get coffee?”

“Sure, let’s go,” Taehyung said with a bright smile. They both looked around and spotted a team lead walking back in.

“Hey, Taehyung and I are going to get lunch,” Jungkook said, just as another pair walked onto the floor. “And apparently not alone.”

“Yah! What are you doing here?” Taehyung asked as his roommate and Min Yoongi made their way over to them. Seconds later the rest of their team, led by Hoseok, came in.

“You know, helping out the CS team,” Jimin said, tugging his roommate away from Jungkook. “Let me borrow this from you.”

“Dude! You're my roommate! What more do you want?” Taehyung asked, swatting Jimin away and causing their three friends to chuckle. Taehyung glanced around and spotted his father, stopping and staring at him in a daze.

“Taehyung, you okay?” Hoseok asked, causing the boy to blink his eyes and look up. “You look like you're seeing Sunggyu hyung for the first time as if he's a celebrity or something.”

“It's, uh, nothing like that,” Taehyung said, turning towards Jimin. He pointed at the agent he was helping. “Go help him. Kookie and I are going to lunch.”

“What's going on?” Hoseok asked in confusion as Taehyung power walked away. He turned to Jungkook, who looked a little worried.

“Should I-” Sunggyu started, but both Jungkook and Jimin shook their heads.

“Just stay low for a little bit until he comes to you,” Jimin told him. “He's still in shock.”

“I'll go talk to him,” Jungkook said, giving Sunggyu a small smile. “Don't worry. He's not mad.”

“What are we talking about?” Hoseok asked, looking at Yoongi. “Am I like the only one who doesn't know?”

“Just wait hyung,” Jungkook said, softly. “He'll tell you and Namjoon and Seokjin when he's ready. For now I need to make sure he's okay.”

Jungkook then left after Taehyung, finding him already at the elevator. And ran up to him, engulfing into a hug. Taehyung let out a soft gasp before hugging him back. The hug could have lasted longer but the elevator opened and three CS agents stepped out. Jungkook and Taehyung broke apart as the three bowed politely to them.

“Taehyung!” a voice shouted, causing all five of them to turn and find Jimin running towards them. “Taehyung, I forgot!”

“What?” Taehyung asked, frowning at him.

“I still have your wallet,” Jimin said, taking a leather wallet out of his pocket.

“How did you get this?” Taehyung asked in confusion.

“You left it at the house,” Jimin replied. “Yoongi found it as we were leaving.”

“Yoongi always seems to find my important things,” Taehyung said, taking his wallet out of Jimin's hands. “Anyway, thanks.”

“So you two have fun,” Jimin said. “And about what happened last night. Tae, just remember what Kookie told you. You're important to all of us. We'll always have your back. It's only the beginning.”

“Thanks. Uh, I'll see you in a bit,” Taehyung said before turning and giving the three agents a wave and then dragging Jungkook onto the elevator.

“Whoa, I wish we could be friends with CEO Jeon and Mr. Kim,” one of the CS agents told Jimin as the elevator doors closed. “How did you become friends?”

“I've known Tae my whole life,” Jimin said. “He's practically my brother.”

Taehyung didn't hear anything else as the elevator moved away. He glanced over at Jungkook, letting out a deep sigh. Jungkook reached over and massaged his shoulders. Taehyung gave him a small smile, thankful for all his support. He couldn’t even imagine that just a couple months ago he wouldn’t even dream of being treated like this by Jungkook.

“Are you okay?” Jungkook asked him.

“Just still a little shaken up. I’m gonna have to talk to my dad,” Taehyung said, turning to look at him. “It’s just so weird calling Sunggyu my dad… This is all just so weird.”

“I could only imagine,” Jungkook said. “What are you going to do with your mom?”

“I honestly don’t know,” Taehyung said, shaking his head, just as the elevator opened again and two people walked in. They noticed Taehyung and Jungkook immediately, bowing politely. The two nodded in acknowledgement. “I wish things weren’t all happening at the same time.”

“We just need things to pass and then it won’t be so overwhelming for you,” Jungkook told him. “You’ll be okay.”

“Is Sunggyu mad?” Taehyung asked as the doors opened to let them out on the first floor. “I kinda blew him off there. I didn’t mean to… I just froze.”

“It’s not your fault and you both know that,” Jungkook assured him as they walked out of the elevator. “Your mom made this mess and there’s nothing you can do about it. You and Sunggyu just need to take baby steps and soon everything will be okay. Sunggyu will always be your father and he’s always looked out for you to the best of your ability. It’s not your fault you didn’t know anything all these years.”

“You’re right,” Taehyung said, sighing one more time before giving him a small smile. “Let’s go have some coffee and actually have a good day.”

“Alright, deal,” Jungkook said with a laugh, wrapping his arm around Taehyung’s shoulders and leading him out of the company building. “Let’s enjoy our first date.”

“So this is our first date?” Taehyung asked, looking at him with a bigger smile.

“Only if you want it to be,” Jungkook said, grinning at him.

“Yes, I would like that,” Taehyung told him. “So just coffee?”

“I always thought coffee shops were the perfect first date spot,” Jungkook told him, leading Taehyung to his car. “You know, sitting down and getting to know each other in a nice environment like the coffee shop.”

“You’re right,” Taehyung agreed, allowing Jungkook to open the passenger door for him. He got in and sat down, putting on his seatbelt. Jungkook shut the door and ran around to the driver’s side, getting in and closing his own door. “Though I feel like you know everything thing about me.”

“I know maybe the big details, like your family issues,” Jungkook replied, putting on his own seatbelt and starting the car. “But I don’t know the small things. Like what your favorite food is. And all those kind of details.”

“Well, my favorite food is pizza. And if I’m in the U.S. I love Panda Express,” Taehyung told him, staring at the boy as he backed out of the parking lot.

“You’ve been to the U.S.?” Jungkook asked, fully interested now. “When?”

“My second year of university,” Taehyung told him. “Jimin and I went together. It was summer break and we wanted to try something new. He also wanted to get my mind off my mother breaking off contact with me and everything.”

“Jimin’s a great friend for you,” Jungkook said with a small smile. “I’m jealous. I’ve never been to the U.S.”

“Oh really?” Taehyung asked with a small smirk. “With how insanely famous this company is, I’m surprised the company’s heir hasn’t been.”

“Well, my dad has been a few times for business trips,” Jungkook replied. “They haven’t partnered with the U.S. industry yet, but they’re definitely looking into expanding. Actually, they’re planning on that being one of our first projects when we take over.”

“How are we going to do that?” Taehyung asked, staring at him with a frown. “I don’t even know the first thing about being a business owner. I mean I know you’ll be the chairman, but I’m the next man up and running.”

“That’s why they’re going to be training you,” Jungkook told him. “Hey, we have a lot we’ll have to learn but you will have me there for you every step of the way.”

“I know,” Taehyung said with a bright smile, turning to look out the window.

They were both quiet for the rest of the trip to the coffee shop. When they arrived, Jungkook quickly turned off the car and took his keys out of the ignition. He then jumped out and ran to the passenger’s side before Taehyung could even open his own door. Taehyung laughed lightly as Jungkook opened the door for him, thanking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter