Fourteen

It's Our Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Long time no see, eh? :3 [4000+ words]

 

 

 

 

Once Chungha left the practice room to chase after the upset Sejeong, everyone acted as if nothing happened--both group members started to have proper conversations again. On the other hand, Somi was clearly still bothered by Sejeong’s behaviour earlier. She was too caught up thinking of Sejeong that she wasn’t even aware of being dragged to the corner at the back of the room, neither did she listen to the question that was being asked to her by the person who dragged her.

 

However, Somi was soon brought back to reality when the person before her pinched her arm hard enough to leave a nail mark on her porcelain-like skin and made her yelped out in pain. “What the actual , Son Chaeyoung?! Why did you even pinch me?!” Somi hissed out as she glared down at the shorter girl, Chaeyoung, while rubbing the pinched spot to ease out the pain.

 

The shorter girl simply snickered before shrugging her shoulders haughtily, “Well, sorry. You weren’t listening, so I had to do what I had to do,” and ended her sentence with her lower lip jutted out slightly while fluttering her lashes up at Somi.

 

“You could have just shaken me or something that doesn’t involve with hurting innocent people, you midget.” The taller girl squinted her eyes down at the older girl, still not stopping with the rubbing motion on where she was pinched.

 

Ignoring Somi’s failed attempt to insult her, Chaeyoung repeated her question that was unheard by the other girl. “Seriously though, was Sejeong jealous with me just now?”

 

Hearing Chaeyoung’s question made Somi wondered again if Sejeong was actually jealous of her “intimate” moments with Chaeyoung. If she was actually being jealous, it didn’t make any sense….unless--

 

“Was she?”

 

“Huh? Why would she even be jealous of you? You’re too short, she probably couldn’t see you anyway.” Somi added the last part quietly to herself but apparently was not that quiet as Chaeyoung glared up at her before rolling her eyes.

 

“Also,” Chaeyoung paused before quirking the corner of her lips slightly as she slyly smirked at the younger girl, “were you jealous of Chungha when she stopped you from going after Sejeong and went all Katniss as she volunteered to do the job?”

 

The taller girl opened and closed several times before she resorted to laughing in nervous manner. “Who-who said I was jealous? Pfft. You’re being ridiculous, unnie. Way too funny.”

 

“Both of them were definitely being jealous.” A soft voice of Twice’s Japanese member, Mina, was heard too closely to their ears and startled them as they jumped in surprise. The two girls then turned around only to discover all of their other own group members were behind them all along, clearly eavesdropping on their juicy conversation.

 

“Since when did you guys start listening?” Somi squeaked out.

 

“Since you guys started talking, Ms. Jealousy.” Doyeon said with amusement evident in her tone.

 

“Oh.” Both Somi and Chaeyoung simultaneously replied.



 

 

 



 

It wasn’t even that long when Sejeong stormed out of the practice room but she was nowhere in sight. Chungha went inside a few unoccupied rooms and even the janitor closet, in case the upset girl decided a small hiding spot for herself, yet she wasn’t in any of those rooms. So, Chungha decided to check the ladies room and there Sejeong was standing before the sink. The upset girl had both her palms perching herself up on the sink counter with her head hung low but upon realising a sudden presence creeping from her behind, she looked up and saw the guilty face of Chungha staring back at her own face. Her facial expression contorted as if she was in pain as she let out a huff and took fast strides inside one of the empty toilet stalls before closing the door.

 

She must be really mad at me, oh damn. Chungha thought to herself while checking all the other stalls and was relieved to find out that there was no one else around but them. When she stood before the toilet stall, which Sejeong was occupying, she can hear the rustling of clothes as she softly knocked the door.

 

“Hey, I know you’re probably embarrassed for acting like that in front of our guests but don’t hide yourself in here. And I’m sorry, okay?” Chungha’s words were ignored by the younger girl, so she continued with her apologies. “Look, I didn’t mean to provoke you. I saw an opportunity to mock you, so I did and I wasn’t expecting you to get all riled up on my jokes. So, I’m so-” Her words got cut off by a loud grunt coming from where Sejeong was.

 

“Wait, are-are you crying or something? Are you okay there?” Chungha kept on knocking the door, feeling even more guilty.

 

Another deep grunt could be heard and followed with a small splash when Sejeong spoke in a murderous tone. “As much as I want to listen to you begging me to forgive your stupid act, can you pretty please shut up and let me ing poop in peace, you dip.”

 

And out Chungha went while covering her nostrils.


 

 

 



 

“Thankfully you didn’t poop for a long time cause some people have been looking at me weirdly as I’m standing here.”

 

“You could have just went back, no need to guard over me.” Sejeong raised a brow as she saw the older girl stood right beside the door of the ladies room.

“Well, I messaged Nayoung unnie about your ‘business’ and she asked me to stay here and guard on you in case you decided to ‘run away’ again for the second time. She said you can’t be trusted when you’re upset and I agreed with her.” Chungha explained it with a huge smile on her face, almost looking innocent if not for the smirk that appeared once she ended her sentence.

 

“I wasn't even trying to run away.” Sejeong mumbled quietly to herself while giving the other girl a deadly glare as well as sending a virtual one to Nayoung inside her head.

 

She then motioned the other girl to follow her into an empty room across the ladies room. Once the other girl followed her inside, she locked the door to provide privacy for both of them and started to talk. “By the way, I wasn't exactly upset with you. I mean you did piss me off but not really.”

 

“That's because you were jealous of Chaeyoung.”

 

A bit flustered by Chungha's fast respond, Sejeong cleared and shook her head. “I'm-I'm not jealous of her.”

 

Hearing those words coming out of Sejeong’s mouth made Chungha doubled over as a boisterous laughter escaped her pair of lips. Calming herself down, she tried to take a deep breathe but was unsuccessful as the laughter continued the moment she opened again. “You're not jealous?! Oh god, that's the funniest thing you have ever said to me!”

 

Sejeong crossed her arms and frowned deeply at the laughing girl, waiting for her to stop, which took her about two minutes to finally ceasing her laughter. Wiping the forming tears due to laughing, Chungha was at last calmed but her expression was undeniably still amused.

 

“If you’re not jealous, then what it is? You were definitely being jealous and no one can deny that fact, not even you.” The corner of her Chungha’s lips perked up, eyes twinkling in mirth as she waited for the other girl to try and defend herself.

 

“Fine! I was jealous of her!”

 

Ooh, you’re finally being honest, Kim Sejeong. I’m so proud of you. Chungha thought inside her head.

 

“I was jealous of her and I don't even ing know why! She was just missing Somi, that's why she was being all close and hugging our maknae but oh dear Lord, I want to smack her for doing that!”

 

Chungha could only hope no one passed by the hallways at this time because Sejeong was almost shouting out her words and she didn't want anyone thinking someone's fighting in here.

 

Leaning her back against the wall, Sejeong let out a long and deep sigh and her tone softened down. “What am I supposed to do? I don't know what to do, somehow. I feel like I'm ruining everything and I don't even know what exactly I'm ruining.” She sounded so defeated as she let out another deep sigh.

 

“All I can say is that you should definitely talk to her. Don't avoid her any longer. It will hurt her even more, and to be honest, it kinda taking a toll on all of us. We might seem like we're not affected by this, but we are. Seeing you avoiding her feels as if you're avoiding us too. I don't know if that makes sense, but basically it hurts us to witness you two suddenly going all strangers.” Chungha expressed her honest thought on the matter. “Besides, why were you even getting hurt when she thanked you for being her friend! Don't you think that was slightly dumb of you to assume things that she only wants to be your friend?”

 

Sejeong kept quiet as she looked down at her feet, realising she was indeed assuming things with the younger girl. “But I'm older than her, don't you guys find it to be….weird?”

 

“Age doesn't matter as long as she's not a ten years old and you're like your age now or forty years old, then all’s good with us. Don't worry about us, okay?”



 

 

 



 

When the girls went back to the practice room after being gone for quite a long time, they thought the Twice’s members would have left by now. They could see from the slight gap of the opened door that some of them were talking with the I.O.I members, while some took this time to lay down on the floor and even

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter