English his best friend.

I'm pretty sure I'm fluent

You're getting a tutor!" Jaebum almost spit out his food when he heard what Jinyoung told him. "Keep it down will you" Jinyoung said while he bit his sandwich.
"The famous not-so-straight straight A student Park Jinyoung, needs a tutor. What for?" He asked a little more serious after he finished coughing.

"English" Jinyoung barely whispered. It was true Jinyoung was a straight A student, but English.... Jinyoung had a suspicion the language just hated him, for some reason he just couldn't get his grades up.

"Ah your good friend English, you know if I had to choose one subject for you to get tutored in it would be English. What even is your problem with it? It's not THAT  hard?"

"I don't know my brain just won't do it, it just gets stuck whenever I have to do anything involving English" Jinyoung managed to huf out between bites. Jaebum laughed at his reply.

"Then I wish your tutor the best of luck."
-----
Jinyoung entered the library scanning around for someone that looked remotely like a tutor. His teacher had told him where exactly to meet him and the library wasn't busy, but there was no one that looked like an English tutor to him. The only person he saw close to him was Mark Tuan the popular American transfer.

Jinyoung didn't know Mark very well, he often heard Mark was a nice guy and that he struggled with Korean from time to time. Of course he had heard rumours about girls swooning over Mark and Mark's amazing beauty, and still he seemed to kindly reject all of the girls. Jinyoung wouldn't lie Mark was handsome, very handsome.

He decided to just approach the guy as he seemed to be he only person in the library.
"Hi, I'm looking for-" " you're Park Jinyoung?" Mark cut him off with a questioned look on his face.

"Yes" Jinyoung answered feeling his face heat up a little. Mark was even more handsome up close and as Jinyoung was never close to him he only just noticed how handsome he actually was. That wasn't why he blushed though, he was just embarrassed about needing a tutor. That's all.

"I'm looking for my English tutor" well great job Jinyoung making a fool of yourself even more. "That would be me then. You didn't know I would be your tutor?" Mark asked in disbelief.

"No, no I didn't know. My teacher just told me that I needed a tutor today." Jinyoung quickly explained.

"I honestly don't see why, I mean, your grades look perfect to me. You even take extra Japanese classes and you don't seem to have any problems with that."
"Yeah" Jinyoung said while sitting down trying to look everywhere but Mark "it's really just English."

"You do realize you've been speaking English with me for the entire conversation, almost accentless. Are you sure you don't need a tutor just because I'm the one tutoring you?" Mark almost bitterly said, and then Jinyoung noticed. He had been speaking English the entire time. Mark had started off to him in English and he just went with it. An easieness he had with no one but his really close friends, although this misunderstanding had to be cleared up.

"I never said I had problems with speaking, blame it on tv shows, and I really didn't know you would be my tutor." Managing to say all of that without stuttering, casually switching back to Korean, looking straight at Mark.

Mark chuckeled at Jinyoung's rushed explanation. He had heard of him before, just because he was famous for having perfect grades. It's not at al like he found the younger extremely cute. "Okay, okay" he said in his slightly accented Korean " let's start, shall we."
-----
"Mark Tuan!" Jaebum almost spit out his food again.
"You really shouldn't make a habit of spitting out your food every time I tell you something" Jinyoung remarked.
"We're talking about the same Mark Tuan here right? THE Mark Tuan" Jeabum looked at him in disbelief. "Yes Jeabum, THE Mark Tuan."

His lesson with Mark had gone surprisingly smoothly. They had been comfortable speaking around each other and as Jinyoung's English was apparently great they had no problems converstating what so ever. The exercises Mark had given Jinyoung were a completely different story though.

That had been a week ago and today was his second lesson. It surprised him Jaebum only now found out who his tutor was by now since he was so surprised Jinyoung got a tutor. Just when he was thinking about it he saw Mark and one of his friends Youngjae walked into the cantine. Jaebum spontaneously started coughing again when Youngjae threw him a bright smile. Jinyoung turned to his friend and laughed at him.

"You totally have the hots for the guy don't you" he said still laughing.

"I most certainly don't Park Jinyoung, mind you it's you who's crushing on Mark."

"I was talking about Youngjae and you know it" Jinyoung responded while turning a little red, now it was Jaebum's turn to laugh at Jinyoung.

"We're pathetic aren't we" Jaebum laughed.

If someone asks, you were the one who said that" Jinyoung remarked while smacking Jaebum's arm.
-----
Jinyoung had been waiting for Mark for ten minutes when he finally showed up.
"You're late" he said looking up from his book.

"Do I have to remind you that I'm the teacher here" Mark remarked but lacking his usual flair.

"What happened" Jinyoung was now a little worried. Mark made a face. Jinyoung looked through Mark like the two of them had been best friends for ages and it surprised Mark. No one ever saw through his expressions and emotions so quickly and easily. Mark sighed and decided to give in.

"I just spoke with my teacher. I'm failing Korean. Again. Looks like I'll need a tutor for myself." Mark rubbed his face with both hands. He could relate to Jinyoung's problem, speaking Korean was no problem, but writing.

"That's all" Jinyoung chuckeled at how desperate Mark looked "I could tutor you" he said without hesitation.

"You'd do that" Mark asked in disbelief.

"Yeah of course, I'd love to help you." Mark smiled brightly at Jinyoung and Jinyoung's breath hitched, Mark was truly gorgeous.

"Wow thanks" Mark said happily.

"I'll give you some exercises, but first you need to help me with these, they are making no sense to me" Jinyoung said he now the one being desperate. Mark just laughed and started explaining an annoyed Jinyoung how to form the present perfect.
-----
"When did this happen?" Jinyoung was currently looking at Jaebum and Youngjae holding hands. "I leave you alone for one night and you two get together. Well took you long enough anyway."

Jinyoung huffed, he knew what this meant, he'd be third wheeling into eternity. Jaebum just smiled at him, he hadn't stopped smiling ever since he announced he and Youngjae were together.

"Fine, fine I'm happy for you guys."

"Hey Youngjae, you wanted to tell me something?" They looked up as someone yelled across the hallway seeing Mark rushing towards them.

"What is it? Did something happen" Mark worriedly started rambling. Jinyoung just chuckeled at Mark's concern, it was cute to see how much the older cared.

"Yes something happened" Youngjae exclaimed with a happy smile holding up his and Jaebum's intertwined fingers.

"Finally" Mark almost yelled again.
-----
To his surprise Jinyoung wasn't third wheeling during lunch. Don't get him wrong Jaebum and Youngjae were sitting together, feeding each other and all that stuff, but Mark was in the same place as him.

From then on lunch for Jinyoung was spent with Mark, the both of them third wheeling together. Mark and him had become friends, and there was always this strange connection they had, a way of understanding each other that other people just simply couldn't.

Mark still adored Jinyoung and his cute wrinkles when he laughed, and Jinyoung's fondness for Mark's voice and laugh only grew. Maybe, just maybe they liked each other a little more then just friends, but both were too blind to see just yet.
-----
"Hey Jinyoung" Mark started talking. It was Tuesday and they were having lunch with the six of them. Two of Youngjae's friends, Bambam and Yugyeom, had decided to join them for lunch too. Jackson was nowhere to be seen, Mark told Jinyoung he had some sort of appointment. "Hmmm" Jinyoung hummed as an answer trying to focus on the math homework he was doing. 

"Library is closed today so are we going to study at my house or yours?" He asked a questioning, almost hesitating look on his face like he shouldn't be asking this.

"Or we could skip once" Jinyoung answered playfully.

"No way on earth Park Jinyoung, remember your English test next week, you need to study and you need help" Mark exclaimed frustrated.

"Okay, okay I was just joking" Jinyoung jokily raised his hands in surrender. "Your house is closer he added.

"My house it is then." Mark started laughing and Jinyoung quickly followed after, showing the wrinkles Mark loved so much.
-----
"I'm home" Mark yelled when he opened the door. No response came.
"Looks like I'm the only one that is" he said to Jinyoung while taking of his jacket. Jinyoung followed him taking of his jacket and his shoes and walking into the living room.

"Want something to drink?" Mark asked. Jinyoung just nodded while looking around. The room was small but clean and ordered, he saw old pictures of when Mark was younger and little artworks here and there. Mark came back from the kitchen with two glasses of water and silently sat down on the couch Jinyoung trailling behind him like a lost puppy.

"Make yourself at home" Mark assured him when he saw Jinyoung's face. "I know it's not much." Not knowing that Jinyoung was only uncomfortable because he was in Mark's house. Alone with Mark.

"It's lovely, ten times better than my empty home" Jinyoung smiled at Mark and he received a bright smile back.

"Lets go upstairs" Mark said waving Jinyoung to the door. They walked up the stairs into Mark's room. It was a little mesier then the living room but still quite neat.

"So" Mark sighed out as he dropped himself on his bed. "Korean first?" Jinyoung nodded.
He grabbed his book and started talking. Mark looked at Jinyoung while he talked. Mark loved Jinyoung's voice, it was calm and steady and soft and he loved listening to it. He scanned Jinyoung's face, every little inch of it, admiring Jinyoung's simple beauty.

"Mark, Mark!" Jinyoung waved his hand in front of Mark's face. "Are you even paying attention." If Jinyoung only knew how much attention Mark paid, only to something else Jinyoung was aiming for.

"Hmmm" Mark hummed.
"No you're not, you're having this blank stare, I know that face" Jinyoung said like he was stating a fact. "You know that face huh?" Mark teased.

"Just shut up and listen" Jinyoung sounded annoyed but he couldn't help but smile.
-----
"Good afternoon miss. Tuan" Jinyoung greeted Mark's mother as she let him inside.
"Good afternoon to you too Jinyoung. You know the way" she smiled at him.

Jinyoung was at Mark's house to study for the third time. This week. Mark and Jinyoung didn't only tutor each other anymore, they now frequently studied together too. Always at Mark's house as there was no one in Jinyoung's ever anyways. He had met Mark's parents and he was more comfortable in Mark's house then he was in his own.

He immediately took the stairs to Mark's room after saying hello to Mark's dad. He opened the door and found Mark sleeping on top of his Korean books. He looked too cute for Jinyoung to handle. Jinyoung studied his face. He looked peaceful while sleeping, and Jinyoung would say more beautiful, but Mark was always beautiful. He carefully shook his shoulder.

"Mark, Maaark wake up" he said softly stretching Mark's name. Mark's eyes fluttered open and Jinyoung's breath got stuck in his throat. Okay Mark could look even more handsome. Mark just looked at him without saying anything. "Is Korean that boring?" Jinyoung chuckeled.

"Yeah" Mark sighed "but not when you teach it" he added softly still a little sleepy. Jinyoung laughed again, the older was adorable.

Mark threw himself on the bed and Jinyoung dropped himself next to him. "I have news" Jinyoung started. Mark his side to look at him. He hummed for Jinyoung to continue. "I passed my English test." Mark's faced cracked into a wide smile.

"Really" he yelled in excitement. Jinyoung just nodded. All of a sudden Mark threw himself on Jinyoung in a hug. 

This wasn't new, they had touched every now and then but hugs were scarce. "I'm so proud of you" Mark mumbled into Jinyoung's shoulder. Jinyoung laughed at how cute he was, or well as much as you could laugh with someone lying on top of you.

"I couldn't have done it without your help though" he remarked while snaking his arms around Mark's waist. "Thank you" he whispered. Then he placed a little peck on Mark's forehead. Mark looked at him with big eyes and Jinyoung could only laugh again at Mark's cute expression. "Now let's see if we can get you to pass Korean, shall we?"
-----
"JINYOUNG" He heard someone yell through the deserted hallway while he was trying to get his books out of his locker. It was late in the afternoon but Jinyoung had stayed at school to finish some last homework and talk to a teacher. He turned around and saw Mark running towards him while frantically waving a paper. He came to a sudden halt before Jinyoung panting heavily.

"Guess who passed his Korean" Mark said smiling like a crazy person.
"Uhm, Bambam?" Jinyoung said teasingly. Mark smacked his arm.

"No! Me you idiot."

"Yeah yeah alright I got it" Jinyoung huffed rubbing his arm like he was hurt. "Congrats, I'm proud of you Mark" Jinyoung continued with a smile.

"I'm so happy" Mark exclaimed while doing a crazy sort of victory dance. Jinyoung laughed, he loved it when Mark was his excited and giddy self, something that didn't happen all too often. "Thank you, thank you, thank you, Park Jinyoung" Mark said throwing himself on Jinyoung in a bear hug.

"You're welcome" Jinyoung mumbled in Mark's hair. Mark pulled out of the hug but didn't move away from Jinyoung. Their faces were inches apart and Mark was staring right into Jinyoung's soul. Jinyoung knew Mark noticed their close proximity but neither of them made to move away.

Mark inched closer and Jinyoung closed his eyes, finally Mark's lips met his and they shared the kiss they both had been waiting for. It was a sweet and simple kiss, but they could both feel the fondness and love for the other coursing through the kiss.

Jinyoung pulled away and looked at Mark in surprise. Mark made wide eyes. "Oh , sorry, sorry, I shouldn't have done that" Mark said in English while moving away.

"I'm sorry what did you say" Jinyoung said in Korean while looking at him with a smile.

"What" was the only thing Mark could say.

"Could you repeat that. My English is not that great" Jinyoung continued still smiling. Now Mark was smiling too.

He brought his face to Jinyoung's ear and whispered "I love you" in English. Jinyoung's smile if possible grew even wider when he replied "I love you too" in Korean.

"Guess I won't need a tutor anymore now" Mark said mirroring Jinyoung's expression. "I'm pretty sure I'm fluent." And he kissed him again.