Don't Open Your Eyes...

Don't Open Your Eyes...

On the last day of every month, close the blinds or curtains before you sleep. If in the middle of the night you hear a tapping noise at your window, don't open your eyes. If you're one of the unlucky ones, you'll hear the pebble sound at your window. It's not a friend; just keep your eyes shut. The sound will get louder, the tapping will get faster and faster. Don't let your curiosity get the better of you; don't move. It'll lose it's patience, it'll start thumping the window. Your window will shake and shudder and the noises will onyl get louder. It will furiously pound the window and shake the panes; don't worry, the window won't break, but for goodness sakes, DON'T OPEN YOUR EYES. No matter how scared you are, not matter how bad you want to scream, pretend like you don't hear, pretend you're still asleep. After a while, the noises will stop. Don't fall for it, keep your eyes shut. Try to sleep if you can. Don't get up, don't open your eyes till the sun comes up. Those who do open their eyes, well... no one really knows what happens to them.

Today was the last day of the month, unfortunately. After reading that short passage, my heartbeat increased dramatically. It could all be fake but I somehow believe it is real. With the book in hand, I stared down at it with wider eyes than usual; It was written by my father. His clear and bold signature stood at the bottom of the frail page, the golden writing looking almost new. My father had died a long time ago because of a 'suicide attempt'. I didn't think he would kill himself, so I knew it had something to do with this book. It was like it sent me a warning through it's words, making sure I didn't open my eyes if this did happen to me. It was clear to me that I should take this advice just in case I had the unluckiness of experiencing it. My heart seemed to slow down as I snapped the book shut. It was giving me the creeps. I shot up from my cross-legged positon and started up the basement steps. Ofcourse, the book had to be in the gloomy basement, making the situation even scarier for me. A sudden voice made me jump as I reached the last step,

" Don't forget to turn off the basement light, Tae!"

I sighed with relief at the fact it was Jimin, my best friends, voice. Jimin moved into my house a few months ago and he's acting as if he knows the whole place. Well, I guess he does anyway. I gulped without meaning to, realising I'd have to go back down the steps into the one place that scared me more than the last horror film I watched. I wasn't frightened of horror films, but the last one I watched was voted the most scariest in Korea. Jimin, on the other hand, jumped out of his seat at one of the jump scares. He is such a scaredy cat sometimes. I my heel, feeling the urge to get this over and done with as soonas possible.The stairs creeked as I stepped on them, my full weight almost making them give way. I flew down them quickly, turned off the light and ran back up the stairs. I'm not taking any chances of the bogey man trying to get me. As I slammed the door shut in a hurry, I heard a snicker sound behind me.

" Shut up, Chim." I scowled, hearing another laugh behind me.

" You know, I like that name and it doesn't annoy me anymore. And second of all, why are you so scared of the basement?" 

I chuckled at Jimin's chatty behaviour; he's always been someone to ask to many questions. As I was turning round, an unexpeted hug hit me.

" Chim, what was that for?"

" I forgot to give you a morning hug, TaeTae." Jimin looked up, eyes shaping into crescent moons.

" Aww, thank you!" I hugged him tighter, instantly forgetting about the basement and his question.

" Oh, I made breakfast! Come!" 

Jimin let go and grabbed my hand immediately; he loves skinship too, like me. Jimin yanked me into the kitchen that was only a short journey away, the smell of pancakes hitting my face. I could also smell something else; perhaps Jimin's BF? As we both entered, I was greeted by a gummy smile and a ruffle of my hair. Yep, it was Min Yoongi, Jimin's beloved BF. I returned a smiel, mine more of a square shape. I was finally let go so I could greet Yoongi properly.

" Yoongi hyung! I missed you and your mint green hair!" 

I hugged him, aslo giving his hair a ruffle like he did to mine. He responded to the hug and pulled away moments after, pinching my cheek.

" I missed you too, Tae." I pouted expectantly, waiting for him to say what I was hoping he would. " And your white, fluffy hair."

I cheered, happy because Yoongi never really complements anyone apart from Jimin. He's stubborn like that, it almost reminds me of 'the aegyo king' Woozi. I took a seat by Yoongi's side, taking out the book I found in the basement from my sweater pocket. Upon hearing a loud thud as I dropped the book on the table, Jimin jumped out of his skin. I tried to hold my laugh, but failed as I let out a hyper giggle.

" Hey! Not funny, Tae! And you Yoongi." 

I turned my head to look at Yoongi, who was giggling too. Jimin flicked us both on the heads, earning scowls through our dying laughter.

" No fair! I didn't mean to do that, you know it." I argued back.

All Jimin did was roll his eyes and turn his attention to the book. A confused look spread across his face and I knew countless questions were going to burst from his mouth.

" What's that? Was it from the basement? Wait, is that why you ran ou-"

" Jiminie~ Let him answer." Yoongi interrupted Jimin with his 'cute' voice, immediately shutting up the chatterbox.

" Finally. I found this book in the basement. But the weird thing is, my father wrote it before he died. Look." 

I opened the book to the page that had the creepy entry that was written by my father. Luckily for me, it was the first page. After the boys read it, their mouths were left agape. Before I could even say " I know", Yoongi flipped the page, another piece of writing scrawled over the page. The thing is, that entry wasn't there earlier and the date read today. Panic rose in my chest as I spotted my signature underneath the new passage. This can't be. I gulped, preparing my eyes for whatever was going to be written down.

Today I discovered my father's old journal. The entry was just before he died, which gave me a weird feeling. It was all about tapping on a window, but you're not aloud to open your eyes. The passage was beyond scary and it had me believing that it was true. After all, this couldn't be made up. I was somehow convinced my father didn't commit suicide after all; it could have been this mysterious occurence that took his life. He may have opened his eyes and something could have happened. But, I don't know the exact truth behind it. That was the only entry by my father put into this book; and as a matter of fact, it was the only one, apart from my new one of course. Today is also the last day of the month, which got me pretty worried to be honest. I guess I may have to be careful, who know's what could happen?

Signed, Kim Taehyung.

Once I'd finished reading, both boys attention turned to me. How is that possible? I only found it 10 minutes ago and I haven't even had time to write in it. What was going on? Yoongi gave me a confused gaze, while Jimin had a sad look in his eyes. 

" I didn't write that guys. Believe me, I had no time to write it anyway. I only found it 10 minutes ago." Yoongi nodded, making me sigh with relief at his understanding. 

Jimin also nodded, giving me a small hug before letting go. I knew he must be scared. 

" Are you sure you didn't check the whole book? Someone could have framed you."

" No, I'm definitely sure I checked it. That is my hand writing too. I-I don't know how this happened." 

" It may be that someone copied your handwriting. It's easy to miss things in a state of shock."
He doesn't believe me? I checked every single one of them pages and nothing was there.

" How do you explain the date then?!" 

Yoongi took another look at the date, realising it was exactly 15 minutes ago from now. No one could have faked that. I felt anger bubble inside me at Yoongi's lack of trust. How could he not trust me? 

" It must be a coincidence. Please, Tae-"

" No! If you don't believe me I might as well go! There was no way in faking that with so much precision." My words made Yoongi's face drop in sadness.

I knew what I said hurt him, but I didn't care right now. Jimin seemed scared by the looks of it. I gave him a apologizing look, before turning around.

" Thank you for the pancakes, Jimin. Save them for later please." 

I stormed out of the room, trudging down the back door steps, making my way to the garden swing. I was so infuriated about the whole Yoongi situation that I didn't want to deal with it. As I reached the swing, my eyes landed upon a flower crown. It was set on the swings seat, probably big enough for my head to fit in. It had white baby's breath, bluebells and black roses all of which are the flowers I like, especially the black roses. I've always had a thing for dark colours, maybe just because some people have a darker side. Hesitantly, I put the crown in my hands, slowly bringing it to my head. When I put it on my head, tiny vines latched itselfe to strands of my hair, keeping it in place. I got a little panicked, realising it wasn't going to let go of my hair. I checked in my camera to see if it looked okay when I spotted something in the background. A boy; but he soon disappeared as quick as he appeared. I became terrified, shoving my phone back into my pocket. Before I could become even more scared, I sat myself down on the swing. Strangely enough, there were two. One of them had black roses tied around the handles, which was the one I always sat on. The other was the same, but the wood that you sat on was different; a lighter colour. Since I had started to live in this house, both swings always had words carved into them. My one with T and the other with J. I always thought the T standed for Taehyung, my name. But I wasn't so sure about the other one. My attention turned back to the entry that was signed by me; If I hadn't wrote it, who did? Could it have been me? The thing was, everything written in that passage was true. I was thinking the exact same thing as the words said. Maybe it wrote down my feelings using my mind for fuel? It could be possible considering all of the weird things that have been happening. First, my father's entry, then mine and the boy. That boy was slightly familiar, but I couldn't decipher it though. After all, I didn't have a good look at him. My phone could have caught something though I don't recall snapping a photo. While I was swinging lightly, I tore my phone out, looking at my recent picture on the camera role. To my horror, there was a picture. Not one from today, but one from years ago that appeared only minutes ago. It looked like that boy, but a younger version of him. And, the person standing next to him was a little me. But that wasn't it, we were wearing matching flower crown's; the one I had on right now. In the picture, my one was slightly slipping off my head as if it was to big. My eyes trailed along to look at the boy's hands; he was holding a message. 

Hi, Taehyung!- 28/02/17

That was todays date. My eyes widened as utter shock washed over me. There was no way this is real. I continued to swipe, knowing that there was more pictures that could help me. The next one was even worse than the other; it was taken five minutes ago, the exact time I was sat on the swing with my phone away. It was me in the present, with someone sitting on the other swing. It wasn't just anyone; it was the boy that was behind me whist I was checking my flower crown. That wasn't even the worst part. A message was written on the tree's bark; Don't open your eyes. The unknown boy wore a knowing smile, almost as if he knew I was looking at this picture right now. I threw my phone, unable to take anymoreof it. It is real. Everything that I've witnessed makes sense now. My fathers entry was to help me in the future when I was in danger of the monster that would tap on my window. My diary entry came from what I was thinking and it wrote itself for my benefit so I could look back at my discoveries. The boy could be the monster tapping on my window, I had the pictures to prove that. And last of all, I knew who he was. His name was-

" Jeon Jungkook." 

I froze as a voice sounded behind me. It wasn't Yoongi's nor Jimin's, but a different voice I hadn't heard in years. Now I remeber him clearly; my best friend who fell from my bedroom window and didn't survive the injuries. I spun round, met with the Jungkook's eyes.The warm gaze that I remebred was in his eyes, reminding me of all the good times we had. Tears spilled from my eyes as soon as I remembered the time he fell. Jungkook spared no time and hugged me tightly, enveloping me in a warm embrace. I sobbed into his chest, wondering if he truly was real. Moments later, he pulled away. Through blurry eyes, I noticed he was wearing the same crown as me, like in the first picture. As my eyes came back in contact with Jungkook's, I saw the sudden change in them; cold and dark orbs. His smile had changed to, a mischievous and dangerous one.

" I've changed, my dear Taehyung. I'm not the loving person I used to be." 

My happy smile dropped into a trembling pout. The tears threatended to fall again, but this time, I didn't let them give way.

" H-How? Why?" I was to confused to even realise the question would make him angry.

" WHY?! Do you know I died because of you?" I let my head fall in sadness, shaking it as a no. " Well, let me enlighten you. We were little when we were playing in your room. You had the idea of playing near the window and to take pictures of each other with your new camera. I was first since you insisted. As I climbed up, I didn't realise the window was open and I lost my balance. And that's how I fell and died, you being the reason behind it all." 

I realised that it was really me. I had the idea for him to go first and if he hadn't, I would have fell instead of him. It was my fault. Everything was. I nodded at Jungkook, bringing my head up to face him with teary eyes.

" I'm so sorry. If I'd have gone first, you wouldn't have died. Jungkook, I really didn't mean it." My lip quivered, indicating I was going to cry. 

For a split second, Jungkook's eyes turned soft. I knew at that action he still was te person he claimed he used to be. I wasn't giving up hope. If there was any way to help him pass happily, I'd do anything to make it come true.

" Taehyung, I love you." 

His words surprised me, and I knew they were true from his sincere tone. But, I knew there was a catch...

" But, I can't hold you which gives me no choice but to blame you for my fall."

" Jungkook, you have a choice. Pick the right one for your happiness." 

My words seem to make him realise something, but he didn't admit it. He thought for a moment before replying.

" T-There is a way I could come back. It is impossible, though." 

My eyes flickered with hope, Jungkook never missing it. He always notices everything that I do because he loves me. And I love him too.

" Nothing's impossible, Kook. The real question is, are you willing to go through with it for me? Or do you hate me that much?" As I said that, a tear escaped Jungkook's eyes.

Mine too. He still had emotion even though his heart was clearly broken. My heart was on the verge of bursting, only a couple more beats before it stops beating.

" I don't believe anything anymore, Tae. Give up." 

Jungkook in a breath before his smirk returned. It made me shudder, but I tried to ignore it. I had a feeling he was just putting on a show, making me feel bad for causing his death.

" Never. You're just fake!" 

Anger rose inside of me as I thought about Jungkook not even giving it a try for his and my happiness. Without thinking, I slapped Jungkook in the face and ripped off his crown. Whilst doing so, the petals of the black rose fell and the crown broke in two. I noticed it was attached to Jungkook's hair like mine. I instanrly regretted what I did and mumbled apologies repeatedly. Jungkook's forced smirk seemed to falter, but he kept it on his face.

" I didn't n-need that. Uh-" Jungkook seemed to break.

He fell to the floor, crying like there was no tommorow. It made my heart break like I knew it would, and I fell beside him too. Jungkook was clutching the broken pieces as if they were his long lost lover. Or maybe... that was it. That crown was the only thing that tagged onto me, and I just ruined it for Jungkook.Guilt and sadness washed over me as I knew the only thing that was right to do was give him my crown. But before I could, Jungkook spoke in a broken tone.

" I-It was a-an accident. Y-You were j-just a-angry." I was shocked, not expecting him to say that. I hadn't got earned any time to respond though, " Do you know the only reason I act like I hate you? It's because I can't bring myself to let myself love you and give in. After all, I can't love you anyway, so that's why you should give up. Remember, I'm dead. And tonight is the night the monster is coming."

" M-Monster?" 

I took in all his words, but dwelled on one. Jungkook's expression surpressed a look of worriedness, making me feel even more anxious.

" Me." 

My mouth was agape in upmost horror, awaiting the next part of his sentence. Instead, Jungkook stared at the broken pieces of the crown in his hand; I feel so guilty and broken. My hands subconsciously lifted to my crown, about to untangle my hair from it. But, large hands took mine, putting them round his neck. I was now staring into Jungkook's eyes, unable to hold back a soft smile at his action. After all he'd been through, his gentle ways as a kid shone through stronger now that he'd grown up. He leaned closer, our noses touching. My eyes fluttered shut along with his as we shared our first kiss. It wasn't lustful, but passionate and loving. He truly loved me. As the end of the kiss neared, I felt hands around my waist disappear. The last words from Jungkook's mouth floated in the still air,

" Check your phone, Tae."

With that, Jungkook was gone. And so was the crown. I worked out it somehow fixed; the thought made me smile. I knew Jungkook wanted me to convince him that it was alright to let go and love me. He wanted me to find a way to bring him back. But what I didn't understand was why he was the monster. There was no way someone as pure-hearted as him could be so vicious, right? I just hoped if I opened my eyes at the tapping sound he would be there. The normal Jungkook. But somewhere at the back of my mind was telling me Jungkook had a dark side. Everyone did; I do. Suddenly, I remembered Jungkook's words and I pulled out my phone. I guessed the clue would be on my camera role since it had been the way I found out it was Jungkook who was with me. I scrolled to the bottom, hoping to find a picture. What I saw was more lucky; a video. A genuine smile made my lips turn to a boxy shape upon seeing the start of the video was of me and Jungkook kissing. There was a memory I'd never let go of. As the video went on, my smile faded as quick as it appeared. A darker looking version of Jungkook stood behind the real one, clutching onto his back. That was the reason he was refusing to try to let go for me; the 'evil' version woudln't let him no matter how the better one tried. Evil is stronger than good. As always, in films, the villians lose and the heroes win. But in this case, what if the villians win? The roles could easily change, thsi isn't exactly a film. This is real. I wont let the darker version win, for Jungkook's sake...

Before night, I managed to apoogize to Yoongi. He apologized back with a sigh of relief. I'm definitely the one who should be on my knees thought. I explained all that happened outside to Jimin and Yoongi, showing them all the evidence I have got and the way I think all of this was suppose to happen. Both were shocked at first, but settled in on believing it. Jimin, thankfully, came up with a plan that could help me tonight. He had the thought of boarding up the windows which would come in handy. Yoongi also chipped in, saying that it'd be best for all of them to sleep in one room for more safety and defense. We all agree, setting to work straight away. Jimin was pretty scared for me and Yoongi, but we both promised to be careful if anything happens. Now, I'm sat looking at my phone. Of course, I was paused on the part me and Jungkook shared; our kiss. I was glad I gave him something that would surely keep him going. To make sure I saw the shadow correctly, I watched the video again. Yep, it was definitely Jungkook's villanous side. I swear I saw a smirk on the villains face. The moment came when Jungkook disappeared. But I missed something I hadn't seen before; his flower crown had fixed and Jungkook wore a small smile. I giggled at my face near the end, it was shocked and eyes popping out of my head. It made me wonder how all of these moments were captured id my phone was jsut in my pocket. It may be the old camera I used while Jungkook was around. My smile dropped, recalling the moment I catched Jungkook screaming when he fell backwards out the window. As if the camera knew I was thinking of that moment, I spotted it in the corner of my eye. It was already on, just waiting for me to dare to look. Slowly, I approached it, shaking fingers tracing the edges. The screen flicked red, showing a message through bold, black writing.

Be careful not to meet your death tonight,my beloved Tae. 

Then it switched to the picture of Jungkook lying lifeless on the floor. I don't know what possesed me to take a picture ofmy best friend dead, but I was basically forced to do it. I remeber cold fingers wrapping round mine, pressing one to click the button a top it that took the photos. Jungkook's villianous side made me do it. Just as I was about to cry, Jimin stepped into the room with a terrified look on his face.

" TAE! H-HE'S GONE!" 

Jimin stumbled over to me, falling into my arms. Oh no, Yoongi. I smoothed Jimin's red locks in hope of calming him down.

" Chim, it's okay. What happened? Take your time." 

Jimin's already puffy eyes lifted to loom into mine, the surface glossy with utter sadness. I gulped, already knowing something really bad has happened.

" Y-Yoongi, h-he is m-missing."

" Jimin, focus. What really happened?" Jimin took a deep breath, trying to answer without stuttering.

" I was i-in the kitchen boarding up the l-last of the windows until I-I heard a tapping noise. I knew what it was so I ran to where I thought Yoongi would be. But, as I got there, all I saw was his fake glasses." Jimin pulled out a pair of glasses Yoongi, no doubt, was wearing earlier. 

" Jungkook." 

" H-Huh?" Jimin looked at me wiht a confused expression, indicating he wasn't understanding me.

" No worry. Did he say anything to you before this happened?" 

" Yes. Um, he said that he would be going- Tae! Come!" 

Jimin grabbed my wrist and dragged me downstairs. Whilst we were creeping round the house, I decided to ask what was happening.

" Wait! Where are we going?" By then, I was breathless. 

" The Basement." 

My body froze which caused Jimin to stop. There was no way I'm going down there. I don't want Jimin or even me to get hurt. There was something about that basement that got me scared to the bone. Nothing had really happened down there but I felt as if today was the day we'd both get hurt if we stepped one foot into it's premises. After all, it had windows. And even worse, it was the last day of the month. I lowered my head, feeling as if I wanted to crawl into a corner and die. I was definitely to weak to help Jungkook. If I couldn't even go into a basement without getting scared, how was I going to face the villianous side of Jungkook? I'm not the right person to do this.

" Tae, it will be fine. I heard steps somewhere over here so it must have been the basement." Jimin looked at me with pleading eyes. " Please come?" I gulped and nodded my head.

It's for Jimin.

Instead, I stood infront of him. I realised that somehow, Jungkook gave me the strength I needed. He wasn't by my side, but I knew he was watching to keep me safe. Before Jimin could say anything, I slammed open the basement door, the walls shaking as it came in contact with them. I might as well get it over and done with. I yanked Jimin down the stairs, anger taking over my actions. I was done with this rubbish already; we shouldn't have to be scared of... Jungkook. He was dead after all, there's no reason he should touch Yoongi. As we reached the bottom of the steps, a tap sounded on the window across the room.

" Jimin, close your eyes. Don't open them." 

I heard a sniff behind me then a soft 'yes'. Then, I shut my eyes...

Minutes later...

" Jimin! Run!" I shouted with all my might.

I could sense Jungkook was here, I even heard a snicker by my ear. 

" T-Tae, Y-Yoongi." 

" I'll find him, just run and don't open your eyes!"

I heard scrambling them footsteps on the stairs. I let go a sigh of relief, trying to find the wall. When I did, thoughts hit my head. Was Jungkook already inside? Was he behind me? What has he done with Yoongi? Where is Yoongi? I stopped for a second of breathing, then feeling something brush against my cheek. I flinched, noting that the touch was unhumanly cold. Before I could send out a warning, a pair of what I assumed was lips, touched mine. 

" Jungkook?" I whispered, but with determination. 

" Open your eyes, Tae. It's the real me."

Doubt clutched at my heart, knowing that this could all be a trick.

" You aren't the real Jungkook, I know it." 

The same cold fingers were replaced with warm ones. That is Jungkook.

" Tae, listen to me, we haven't got much time. This is all a test to see if you'd open your eyes. You succeeded. But, don't open your eyes until you get to the top step even if you do believe this is me. Jimin and Yoongi are okay. Expect worse tonight, this was just a mild test. Please, be careful." 

A soft pair of lips pecked mine and I felt the warm fingers leave my cheek. Don't open your eyes. Go up the stairs. I gave myself intructions and choose to follow them as quick as possible. As I tumbled out of the door, Yoongi and Jimin came rushing to me in a worried gesture. I lay on the floor, head sweaty from my uneasiness. 

" Tae! What happened?" 

I ignored the question, already feeling the tiredness take over me. It was almost as if my energy had been ou of me from the recent event. Jimin started to get panicked, shaking me until I was going to respond. My mouth just wouldn't move, it was to dry. After a while, my vision became eerily blurry, making me only see shadows of the people in front of me. I was slowly starting to fall asleep, all because I couldn't handle something so simple. I'm useless, I'll never be able to help my love, just because I can't handle the spooky thrill of it all. The person who needed my help so badly was going to be let down, there was no way I'd be able to kill the darkness that has latched onto his back. Even if I wanted to, I couldn't do it. I'm a failure. Just as I was about to pass out, a familiar face come close to mine. A gentle finger brushed my cheeks, making me want to pull back. 

" Fight, Taehyung." 

Light's out.


The next time I woke up was to a tapping noise. No, not now. Without a doubt, I knew it was coming from my window. Unfortunately, I worked out I was right beside it, hearing the taps so clear indicated that. I dared not flicker my eyes open, since I knew it would be the end of me. A sudden thought clouded my mind, taking away any sign of being terrified; How was I supposed to kill the bad side of Jungkook if I'm not aloud to oepn my eyes? Wouldn't it be impossible to get rid of the darkness? A sound of a pebble being dropped rung in my ears. I'm unlucky. My body wasn't at the stage of shaking yet, but I felt it would come on soon enough. I felt my hands tremble a little as the sound became louder and faster. It was almost as fast as a woodpecker drumming on the bark of a tree. I closed my eyes even more, hating the feeling that was washing over me; weakness. I had to stay strong for Jungkook, but I was confused as to how I would defeat this thing still. A constant banging was heard on the window, the thumping sound making my heart drop dramatically. I remembered the book saying to not move so I was obideint to it's words. After all, I didn't want to die today. I had shared my first kiss with the one I loved so dearly, and I at least wnated to live a day after to remember the sweet memory. Although I didn't know what would happen if I opened my eyes, I still had a knagging feeling I would be killed if I did so. The banging made the window panes shudder, I was doing the same. Then, it stopped altogether. Curiousity pumped through my veinds as I felt less sacred now. It was like I got used to the terrifying noise and just learnt to deal with it.The feeling was replaced with the want to see why it stopped. But, my heart sank at the words the book drilled into my head,

Don't move.

Don't let your curiosity get the better of you.

Don't fall for it.

Don't open your eyes.

I had to follow the books rules; otherwise, god knows what will happen to me. For a moment, an image of Jungkook painted itself into my head; me and him on a date, on the swings, having a beautiful picnic with eachother. Let's not foget our flower crowns. In that image, I made Jungkook feel real and human. I kne whe felt as though he was a real human being by my side and he forgot the fact that he was really not there. He was dead. And that was all thanks to his lover. A brief moment passed and I realised something that I hadn't noticed before; Jungkook needs me. He's lost everything and I'm the only one who can see him properly. I need to help him and return my love back by doing something he deemed impossible; I would bring him back. Even if it meant that I would be in danger, he deserves to live the life I've had. Even if I wasn't there by his side to take him through life, he'd be there at least. I was the one who should have died instead of him, and that's because he needs a better life than he had got. Without giving any more thought, I opened my eyes. The dark brown orbs showing clearly in the moonlight. The silence enveolped me into a blanket that I didn't like; something was off. I jumped up, wasting no time in dangling my feet off of the bed. I stayed there for a few moments, just taking in my surroundings. I yelped in pain as something grabbed my foot; more like a hand. It wrapped it's fingers around my ankle, leaving me with my breath hitched. I tried to pull away, but it seemed impossible. Before I knew it, I was on the floor, yelling with pain. It had started to burn my ankle with something that felt like fire. I forced my eyes open, trying to find the sorce of the hand. And there he was, the villanous Jungkook. He was wearing an all to familiar smirk, disgusting me to no end. But what I couldn;t take my eyes off was his perfect features; a handsome face. Somehow, I'd fell under a spell. My knees made my body shuffle forward, until I was a few inched away from Jungkook's face. Jungkook's smirked, holding up a small mirror. My... my eyes had... turned a bright blue. They almost looked magical, but I didn't have time to stare at them for long. As soon as the mirro was pulled down from my face, lips smashed onto mine. I responded, making a rythm as they danced together. My arms wrapped around Jungkook's neck, while his held onto my waist. It was only then till I realised what I was doing; I pulled away, shifting backwards to set a distance between me and Jungkook. His evil smile seemed to grow wider upon me doing that, his gaze shifting down to my lips.

" You know, your are very handsome in my opinion." I shook my head, convincing myself not to go near him again. 

" You aren't real!"

" Oh but I am. You see, I love you Tae. Don't you want us to be together?"

" Lies!" 

Upon seeing him move closer, I had a plan. If I played along, I could find away to kill this bastard. I rested my palms on the ground in frotn of me in attempt to get closer. Jungkoom grabbed my collar, bringing me closer. I took this as an opportunity to stand. We slowly rose off the floor as our lips locked with each other. It wasn't so hard to trick him. 

" You know, I can read your mind right?" 

I gasped, chucking myself backwards. A stinging pain clutched at my throat, making me unable to breath. My eyes welled with tears, knowing I haven't won tonight. But, there was one more thing I could do. I reached for Jungkook's hand, holding onto it tightly no matter how he protested. I sent images of our childhood through his head, making an uncomfortable look paint his face. He almost looked as in as much pain as me right now. Jungkook gasped, falling to the ground with me. No matter how much he tried not to, a genuine smile formed on his lips; it was working! I realsied only seconds earlier, if more power couldn't kill him, than kindness and purity can. Sending memories the evil Jungkook wont like through his head was the perfect way to drag down the darkness. The smile showed that the real Jungkook returned and the evil had gone. But before I went back to sleep, one last thing occupied my mind; It couldn't have been that easy, so, what was the price?


When I woke up, my heart was full of happiness. Jungkook could return back to the world! After destroying the darkness, there was absolutely no way why he wouldn't be waiting for me right now. And I knew just the place where he'd be standing; by the swings. But, for some odd reason, the world was in black and white. I was confused as to why that happened, but shook it off as quick as I thought of it. I bounded down the stairs, my smile becoming bigger as I realised my flower crown was a top my head still. Before going outside, I took a peek out the uncovered window of the kitchen to only see Yoongi and Jimin sat facing the swings. They must have already met Jungkook! I flung open the door in a happy manor, shouting out to my best hyungs.

" Yoongi hyung! Jimin hyung!" 

But, they didn't answer. Weird, they always would, especially Jimin. My boxy smile didn't fade though, they musn't off heard me. My legs shifted me over to them as quick as possible, now just behind their backs. Before I disturbed them, my eyes searched for my favourite person; Jungkookie! Upon finding him near my swing with a sad expression, I ran over, forgetting about Jimin and Yoongi for the time being. Finally, I could see him for real this time. His troubled expression concerned me a little to much, and it confused me because he was finally real. Shouldn't he be happy? There should at least be a bunny smile on his face. Once I came closer to him, I caressed his cheek with love.

" Why aren't you happy, Kooks?" I gave him my biggest smile, his face still now moving. It just stayed expressionless. 

" I'm so sorry, Taehyung." Wait, what?

" Kooks, there's nothing to be sorry about, right?" I cocked my head in confusion, awaiting his answer.

" Yes, yes there is. You got rid of the darkness around me, but that doesn't make me happy. Your happiness is all I care about. I was so selfish as to let you pay the price of taking the darkness off my shoulders." 

" But, Kooks, I don't understand. There was no price to pay, Jimin and Yoongi are still with me, which is great. And so are you. So, I don't see the problem."

A tear dropped from Jungkook's eyes as I smiled again to calm him. 

" I know, but-"

" Kooks, your not selfish and I'm not paying any price, okay? I have my best friends I love so much, and I have you." Jungkook's face fell even more.

" That's what makes it worse, Taehyung, having people you love so dearly."

" Jungkook, please, why are you so sad? I explained to you that I'm completely fine!" I pouted in a playful way, giggling a little.

" I-I can't bear this. T-Tae, look behind you." I frowned a little, but shrudded and turned myself around.

The sight that met my eyes broke my heart into a million pieces; Jimin and Yoongi's cheeks were stained with tears, their eyes puffy from crying. They were both clinging onto each other. My eyes followed their sad gaze, falling upon something that made me understand Jungkook's words; It was me, lifeless on the grass. I was dead... That's why the world is black and white, the flowers and plants looking withered from lack of life. That's why Jungkook was crying. That's why I felt empty despite the happiness I felt earlier. I know what the price was, my death. Pools of tears fell from my eyes, falling onto the floor over and over. The sadness just wouldn't stop. I felt as though my life had washed away before me... Is this what you sacrifice for love? I couldn't take it no more so I turned to Jungkook. He looked the same as me, empty and sad. Seeing me, he rushed over, embracing me in warm I thought I'd never experience. 

" H-How did y-you t-take this a-alone?" I asked through choking sobs. Jungkook looked down at me with saddned eyes and a small smile.

" Because I had you." His words hit the remaining parts of my heart.

No matter if I was dead, I still had the ability to love. And I'm grateful for that. Now I realised this is what Jungkook see's. Finally, we pulled away and stood together; the house I once lives in was fading away, along with my best friends, but not the tree me and Jungkook shared. It was like death gave us one thing to keep in our hearts. Before everything completely disappeared, Jungkook gently lead me to my swing as he sat on his right after. Now I see it, the camera that took the picture of me and Jungkook right infornt of our faces. And you can guess what it said on the tree; Don't open your eyes. I get it, the picture was a warning. But I ignored it just because I wanted my heart to beat. 

It was all wasted now. Emptiness had stopped my heart from beating, just like death had stopped my breathing...



OMG! I hope you liked that! I spent hours upon hours writing it and Im pretty happy with the uotcome. Tae and Jungkook got each other, but not a happy enough ending. Sorry, I couldn't help myself >.< Anyways, thanks for reading and please subscribe and such! Bye xx