Last Page [1/1]

Falling for the Spaghetti Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Last Page | Monsta X

Pinky didn't know when it started. Perhaps it was when Nayoung first held her hand, or when their eyes first met that fateful day when she thought that she would never get over Eunwoo. They had known each other for three years, yet during a period of three months, they got closer and closer until people noticed. There were many things Pinky knew now that she was 17. She had liked many people - some she had great memories of, others, not so great. The one thing Pinky knew now however, was that unrequited love can sometimes and that she had to accept her fate of always loving one-sidedly. This time, Pinky foolishly hoped that wasn't the case again. She swore to never fall for another straight girl. She swore that the next woman she falls for would love her back, equally - not more, not less. Fate refused to give her that, and yet again, history repeated itself.

Nayoung was quite a talker and they got along well because they had that connection."We just have that connection, you know," Nayoung whispered in the blasting club filled with people bumping into each other. Those were the first words that made Pinky's heart skip a beat in an unusual way. She could not forget those words even until now. Perhaps Nayoung knew on that exact day, despite her being drunk and all.

The following days were bliss to college-student Pinky. She had a reason to go to her Physics I class every day now - and that was to see Im Nayoung. She worried that she was beginning to fall deep for her best friend. Actually, that's an understatement; she felt a mixture of emotions, like fear, sadness, and confusion. She feared rejection, assuming things, and finally having the urge to act on those mere assumptions that had no evidence to back them up. She knew nothing that went on Nayoung's mind. Maybe that's what truly scared her - the fact that she will never know Nayoung's true feelings.

The latter flirted with her multiple times - enough that Pinky noticed and continued to notice the small winks the self-proclaimed stone shot in her direction, enough that she noticed the small gestures that Pinky would never replicate to her own friends. She feared that she was a toy - a toy that Nayoung finally learned how to use and twist around her finger. Nayoung said these empty "I love you's" and Pinky said them back lifelessly, every freaking time. The Chinese girl wondered if the Korean truly meant what she said but she was too shy to ask. Perhaps that one question will end everything she had been protecting instead fo her own heart - their friendship.

One night, when Pinky and Nayoung sat in the latter's car once again, Pinky decided once and for all that she was ready to sacrifice her own feelings, yet again, for her selfish need to make Nayoung smile every day. Either way, she was selfish. She did not want to be honest with Nayoung, nor did she want to tell her and lose her. It was a lose-lose situation.

Until one day, the both of them finally saw their hearts through their eyes and nothing else needed to be said.

"Who texted you?" Pinky casually asked as she munched on her salad. Nayoung's eyes rose to meet hers and she quickly flipped her phone upside down so she couldn't see the screen's notification alert. She forced a smile, "Just... Wonwoo."

Wonwoo was that ex of hers that got her ity. The night Pinky found out about it, she could not bat an eyelash. It bothered her. She felt uneasy, threatened, even a tad bit hurt. She had no reason to feel hurt. Nayoung was never hers to begin with, anyway. Even if she was hers, what would she be angry for? Wonwoo was simply

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter