A Day in the Life

Family Matters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Okay, I needed a break from It's You. I want to look into some 2014 stuff that the SM Rookies did before I start writing up a chapter. I know they did tons of stuff in 2015 onwards, and I'm totally eager to write about all that stuff, but I want to take things slow and not skip around too much. *smiles sheepishly* I did feel the need to write something, though.

So, remember how I said I wanted to write a cute, fluffy piece with Alpha!Taeyong and Omega!Yuta? Well, I messed up again, I think... My mind is a bit of a mess. I wanted to write a YuTae where Taeyong goes crazy for Yuta in formal wear for AbSum, but I also wanted to write something angsty with a divorced!YuTae, but somehow... I ended up with this thing. I think I'm going to need to read/write something hella angsty to get over this fluff fest.

Taeyong smiles serenely as he watches his sons play in the backyard. A beaming Sicheng is pushing his wide-eyed little brother, Yukhei, on the swings, and the sight is absolutely precious. Taeyong wishes he could record the moment with his phone and share it with his loved onesー he's quite the proud, embarrassingly extra type of fatherー but he's quite technologically challenged, unfortunately. 

Just yesterday, he had to call Neo Culture Technology for the seventh time this week after he accidentally broke the TV again, much to his sons' displeasure. Really, it's not like Taeyong means to break the TV whenever Sicheng and Yukhei want to watch Pororo... it just happens.

At least the regular repairmen get a kick out of it. Kun, Johnny, and Taeil love to give Taeyong whenever they come over to fix whatever electronic device he's managed to up for the day. Truthfully, the only reason Taeyong hasn't complained about terribly unprofessional customer service is because they're all friends from college... plus it's kind of an unspoken rule that bros shouldn't potentially ruin other bros' careers.

"Appa?" Taeyong is shaken out of his musings when Yukhei unceremoniously deposits himself in his lap. The boy has a rose tucked behind his ear, and he's cutely holding a giant assorted bouquet out for his father to take.

Taeyong's heart swells at the adorable gesture. "Thanks, angel," he coos. "You know, you arrange the flowers from the garden so well. Let's put them in a vase so your papa can enjoy them later, too, okay?"

Yukhei just giggles quietly. Sicheng also decides to make himself known by hugging his father's shoulders from behind tightly. "Appa, let's go inside. Yukhei and I want ice cream," he says insistently.

How could Taeyong ever refuse?

A few minutes later, Sicheng and Yukhei are happily watching Pororoー the TV is working just fine today, thankfullyー with matcha ice cream cones in hand. Taeyong is contentedly folding laundry on the sofa next to theirs, softly humming a hip hop song.

For a while, everything is perfectー the children are occupied and chores are getting done. But the show and the ice creams soon become no more, and Taeyong somehow finds himself wrapped up in a rather complicated conversation.

"Appa, Yukhei and I want more playmates," Sicheng announces without preamble.

Deciding to indulge his older son, Taeyong gently replies, "But you have each other already, and Jungwoo and Mark, and Koeun and Yiyang—"

"No, Appa," Sicheng interrupts with a whine, "we don't mean those kinds of playmates. Can't we have more brothers or sisters?"

"What?!" Taeyong is flabbergasted. "Iー where did this come from all of a sudden?!"

"I want a lot of siblings," Yukhei explains with great detail and some expressive hand gestures. "A lot of the kids at school have more than one sibling, so can't we have another, or a few more?"

"Where do babies come from, anyway?" Sicheng questions thoughtfully, tilting his head a bit. 

"Oh, it's lunch time already?! Well, why don't we go out for chicken or something today?" the flustered father offers randomly, hoping that the glorious prospect of chicken will make the two forget all about this awkward conversation.

"Chicken!" Sicheng's and Yukhei's eyes light up. Their agreement is obvious, given the way they literally zoom out of the living room to get ready with excited squeals.

"Oh god, Yuta's going to kill me," Taeyong mutters to himself as he slumps in his seat. However, he can't help but grin a little goofily.

Sicheng and Yukhei are flawless and delightful in every way; Taeyong definitely feels giddy at the thought of having more baby angels just like them. 

He just hopes he can convince Yuta to feel the same way.

"You've got to be ing kidding me, Taeyong. No." Yuta pushes the now empty box of leftover chicken away from him and proceeds to glare intensely at his alpha.

Taeyong withers under the omega's scrutiny but still holds his ground. "Can you blame Sicheng and Yukhei for wanting more siblings? It's nice to have a big family..." He reaches out to place his hand on top of Yuta's, but his husband swats it away as if it had personally offended him.

"And I understand that," Yuta responds evenly with a frown, leaning back in his seat. "But we already have our hands full, Taeyong. Don't you remember how difficult it was to balance uni and raise two children? We're still new to our respective careers and paying off the loans for our master's degrees right now... I seriously don't think that trying for a third child is a priority right now."

Taeyon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter