Anything You Want (Jicheol)

17 LECTURES

Anything you want

(Seungcheol x Jihoon)

 

-

 

“Foreign direct investment or FDI is when a firm invests directly in new facilities to produce or market in a foreign country.”

 

Jihoon listens to the lecture quietly, forcing himself to stay awake and write down every single word that the lecturer has said. This is the last class for today and he is so bored. He takes a sip of his not very hot coffee, pokes Soonyoung with his pen to make him wake up, and checks some notifications on his phone. Yet, this is still too boring.

 

The fact that Seungcheol is in another class right now and can’t text him since his lecturer is super duper strict makes Jihoon sigh even more.

 

Even if he doesn’t want to admit it, yeah, he misses his boyfriend and their silly conversation. (Jihoon promises to himself ––he will never ever let Seungcheol know that).

 

“Jihoon, can you tell me what the benefits of FDI to the host country are?”

 

The sudden question from the lecturer startles Jihoon a bit. He tries to smile softly while skimming through class materials to find the correct answer.

 

“Um… inflow of capital and employment?”

 

“Yes, that’s right.”

 

Jihoon hears Soonyoung chuckle in his seat and he can’t help but scowl. This is not his day at all. Why is he the one who’s got to answer that question? He is not asleep like Soonyoung five minutes ago! Still, all he can do is continue taking notes and listening to the keywords carefully.

 

And, yes, he misses Seungcheol.

 

“Okay guys, bear with me. This is the last part of today.”

 

Gwad…

 

“Another negative impact on host countries from FDI is the loss of sovereignty. It occurs when that multinational enterprise doesn’t have real commitment to the host country and the government has no real control over it, so when the firm finds a better location for its investment, that firm can just leave.

 

It’s like you can’t give them what they want anymore and it’s their choice to leave without caring about you.

 

Therefore, there can be job loss and the decrease of economic growth. Okay! Let’s finish here. See you next week guys. Those who have to present the case on Tuesday, don’t forget to prepare your slides as well. Bye!”

 

It’s like you can’t give them what they want anymore

 

and it’s their choice to leave

 

it’s their choice to leave

 

LEAVE

 

Hey… can this topic be related to love as well?

 

Jihoon knows it doesn’t sound rational but, yeah, is he giving Seungcheol what he wants? Is he a good enough boyfriend? Is he the one Seungcheol always wants or needs? Will Seungcheol leave him, without caring about him anymore?

 

“Hey, idiot, why aren’t you packing your things? The class finished late. Seungcheol must be waiting for you.”

 

“Oh… yes I––”

 

Jihoon walks out of the room slowly, drowning in his thoughts. He says goodbye to Soonyoung when Wonwoo appears from the corner of the building. He chuckles a bit when he sees Wonwoo insist on holding Soonyoung’s books even though Soonyoung has told him a million times not to do so.

 

Soonyoung pouts, gives Wonwoo the books, and then holds his hand instead. They seem to want each other a lot, Jihoon is sure about that.

 

But with Seungcheol…

 

“Hey Ji… You are frowning. What are you thinking about?”

 

When it comes to Seungcheol…

 

“It’s…”

 

“…”

 

“Nothing.”

 

“Jihoon… Please tell me.”

 

Seungcheol holds his hands gently, tugging him close. His cologne smells so good and it never fails to calm Jihoon down. And then, he puts his arms around Jihoon, near the staircase under the building. He hugs Jihoon so tight that Jihoon is drowned in his arms.

 

“I miss you.”

 

Seungcheol mumbles.

 

He pats Jihoon’s head gently when Jihoon puts his chin on Seungcheol’s shoulder. He hugs Jihoon tighter when he hears a sigh.

 

“Does it mean that you want me as well? Like… want me to be here with you, want me to be close to you, want me to be your boyfriend…”

 

Seungcheol laughs at Jihoon’s questions ––his irrational and ridiculous questions. He shifts his head a little to look into Jihoon’s eyes, as if he wants to know what is on Jihoon’s mind and what causes him to be (so) needy today.

 

“Of course, Ji. I love you and ––I want you.

 

There’s something in his eyes and his gentle voice that makes Jihoon’s face burn. That isn’t what he means with the word ‘want.’ Yet, Seungcheol is looking into his eyes as if he wants to cherish only him and Jihoon just can’t turn his face away.

 

“I want you, Jihoon.”

 

Now he doesn’t know what to say…

 

“I– I”

 

That’s what Seungcheol always makes him become ––an embarrassed Jihoon with unwitty words not like what he usually says.

 

“I... want you to want me, Cheol.”

 

-

 

If there is any grammatical error here, I’m soooooorry.

I just want to write something in English and, yes, the plot actually comes from my lecture lol.

Byeee hehehe ♥♥♥

 

#lecture17s