Broken Pieces Love Story... ( Chanbaek )

Broken Pieces...

Irreplaceable vases were thrown onto the tiled floors, sending glass in every direction. Painting's fell off the crimson wall at the strength of a fist that contacted the it; the thin sheets that once wore a beautiful painting were ripped into shreds from hateful scratches that pierced them. Everything that graced the room was destroyed, gold artifacts broken, mahogany desk split through the middle, soft carpet ripped and torn, walls beaten till holes burst through them. Absolutely everything turned into worthless artwork. And in the middle of that scene was Byun Baekhyun, heartbroken and weak. But he was still strong enough to stand for what he's worth. He could just be taken away with the snap of someone's fingers; that didn't matter to him. He wasn't just put on this earth to take a punch and miss, Baekhyun was put on this earth to mean something. Even if it was something small and frail, he didn't care. But, who was causing this whole mess? Park Chanyeol, fuming and hateful. The little care he had before was just washed away with his patience. It resulted him ruining thousands of pounds and one time only artifacts. But, he didn't care. Money never mattered to him, it could just be thrown down the drain for all he cared. What mattered to him was happiness. The thing is, he can never get any and that's what made him the cold person he is. After all the years he's spent on trying to keep himself together was now a distant memory; He was to lost to even care about what happened at this point. Nothing mattered, not even his precious Baekhyun anymore...

Baekhyun watched as Chanyeol slid down the wall, out of breath and hurt. Chanyeol had a scratch on his left eyebrow, making him even more intimidating to Baekhyun. Bruises were visible for Baekhyun's eyes to see and he knew Chanyeol had left his sanity behind. Baekhyun knew it was best to not speak and just act, better for his safety. He made his way over to Chanyeol with long strides, hoping he wouldn't get hurt. But, no matter what, Baekhyun would surely get hurt physically and mentally tonight. There was always a way he knew what Chaneyeol would do; His eyes. They said everything. ' Actions are stronger than words.' When Baekhyun finally approached him due to having to step over broken objects, a soft sob was heard in the room. Since it was now quiet, he knew where it was coming from. Chanyeol.

Keep quiet. Don't hurt him or yourself anymore than it is possible. Enough tears have been spilled tonight. More are going to come anyway...

Chaneyol couldn't help but let tears fall from his eyes. What would you expect from someone as heartbroken as Chanyeol? He promised himself that he didn't care about anyone or anything, and he doesn't, but he can't hurt Baekhyun anymore than he already has. It may happen, but he wants to avoid it even if it means hurting himself. Warm tears rolled down his cheeks as small arms wrapped around Chanyeol's leaning frame. He knew it was Baekhyun just by the way he held him. It had happened a long time ago. The hold was tight, one that didn't want to let go of what it has latched onto. The sweet moment stopped Chanyeol's tears but not his anger.

I can't be weak. I can't show Baekhyun that I care. Love isn't real. Love isn't real. Hurt him.

Chanyeol rose his head from his knees and curled his fists into a ball until the knuckles were white. Baekhyun was confused as to what was happening, soon working out that the hug hadn't helped his anger; Chanyeol stood and grabbed Baekhyun's hair, holding onto it tightly. Baekhyun welped as he got pulled up from the floor and dragged to the nearby bookshelf. Chanyeol gave Baekhyun no time to adjust to the pain and slammed his head on one of the shelfs. A silent scream came from Baekhyun's mouth, making Chanyeol even angrier. Instead of hitting Baekhyun's head against the bookshelf, Chanyeol ripped his hair as hard as he could. It sent Baekhyun tumbling to the floor, forming a now working scream to fill the room. That pain Baekhyun felt killed him, not because Chanyeol had ripped his hair or harmed him physically, but the thought that Chanyeol could ever do this to him was the worst feeling ever. Baekhyun felt his neck being grabbed by a firm hand, the force of the grip making him splutter and choke. Chanyeol dug his nails into Baekhyun's skin, earning a screech. For a second, time stood still...

" I'm so sorry Baekhyun." Chanyeol just managed to speak.

Baekhyun forced himself to look up, seeing a trembling smile planted on Chanyeol's lips. He felt so useless, whatever Chanyeol was going to was something he couldn't stop. Tears fell from his cheeks as Chanyeol turned to the huge glass window that hadn't been ruined yet. Baekhyun wailed and almost broke down.

" No, No, No! Ch-Chanyeol, stop!"

No use. Chanyeol just blocked everything out and blinked back the tears. There was one last thing he had to say before he went...

" I will never forget you Byun Baekhyun. I hate you, but I love you. Stay strong for me. Just forget."

I have to go. I'm not worthy of being Baekhyun's lover, he deserves someone other than me. I hate myself more than I hate Baekhyun for loving me. This is the end...

Chanyeol started to break the glass with a wooden piece that fell from his desk earlier that night. As soon as it smashed, Chanyeol turned his back to the outisde world. Before falling he looked at Baekhyun; He was crying badly, the whimpers shaking his body violently. " P-Please." was all Baekhyun muttered. Both of their eyes met before Chanyeol fell. Sadness. And then he fell backwards into the darkness of the night.


When Baekhyun reached the bottom of the stairs, his heart raced in his chest. He didn't want to believe it was true, he didn't want Chanyeol to be dead. Baekhyun took a deep breath before slamming open the oak doors that gave exit to the house. As soon as they opened, a piercing wind hit Baekhyun's face; It was cold out tonight. Baekhyun ignored the wind and ran outside onto the front lawn path. The whole front garden was strewn with darkness, the street lights being the only thing giving a little light. Baekhyun scrambled to find his phone, and when he did so, he flicked on the torch. The light quickly spilled onto the grass, now some of the garden could be seen. The torch only reached a few centimetres forward, making it hard for Baekhyun to find his way.Panic clutched Baekhyun's heart as he couldn't make out where Chanyeol fell. 

Please, Chanyeol. Please be alright. 

Baekhyun decided to just forget that he couldn't see anything that well and he just ran. Baekhyun ran until he came in contact with a wall. His head banged against it, sending him to tumble to the ground. Everything in sight became blurry, he couldn't focus. For a brief moment, Baekhyun forgot what his task was. But he soon remembered when a lifless figure came into his hazy gaze. Without another thought, Baekhyun scrambled over to the body. 

And with no doubt, it was Park Chanyeol.

Chanyeol's face stood eerily still, showing no sign of movement. The usual smirk Baekhyun used to see was gone, probably never to be seen again. To Baekhyun's dismay, Chanyeol didn't look in good condition; his chest looked crushed, there was glass covering his whole upper and bottom half, his brown eyes open from the traumatizing fall and deep red blood oozing from his head. Baekhyun couldn't stand the sight of Chanyeol right now, he hated seeing someone hurt because of him. Whether it was physically or mentally, Baekhyun still hated the fact Chanyeol did this to himself because of him. Baekhyun's breath hitched as he noticed that Chanyeol's stomach wasn't rising. Instead, it stayed flat and unmoving. A wash of panic seized Baekhyun's throat, resulting in chocked sobs dripping from his mouth. Get help. Just as Baekhyun finished typing in A&E's number, the bright screen flickered and off it went. 

" No!" 

Baekhyun screamed, pounding his fists on the wet grass. He had had enough of this. Chanyeol may be dead, and he didn't want to risk that happening. Baekhyun turned his head to look at his love again, noticing that his skin was now glowing. Nothing like a light shining onto him, but his skin was actually glowing a light white. The scene was almost magical. The tears stopped flowing from Baekhyun's eyes as something extraordinary happened. Chanyeol was lifted off the ground. But the thing is, no one was there holding him. It was just as if he had started to fly. Baekhyun watched in awe, not knowing what to do at this exact moment. There was only one thing his could do, and that was to touch Chanyeol before something happened. His hand went up to Chanyeol's cheek, caressing the area with love and need. Baekhyun needed Chanyeol to be alright. But he has to prepare for that might not be an option. With Baekhyun's touch, Chanyeol's wounds seemed to disappear. His normal appearance seemed to come back; light orange hair ruffled as usual, soft pink lips, sharp jawline and the creamy colour came back to his skin. Then, memories filled Baekhyun's mind.

The time they bought matching flower crowns.

The day they had at the theme park.

The time they had screamed at each other with upmost hate.

The way Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun.

The way Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol.

The day they hurt each other the most.

And most importantly, the first time they both met. 

The good and bad memories made Baekhyun smile. After all the years, they had both made memories even though they hadn't been in a proper relationship. All Baekhyun needed was the memories to stay with him even though he hated Chanyeol very strongly. It was like love and hate clouded Baekhyun's feelings for him. And that's exactly what it was. He was convinced Chaneyol felt the same, but wouldn't take any chances in believing it was entirely true. Just at that moment, a flower crown bloomed on Chanyeol's head, and it was no other than his favourite one; red and white roses with golden trim looping through them. It looked amazing on Chanyeol, but Baekhyun couldn't just stare all day. He had to find out what was happening. Before he could, Chanyeol's eyes opened and the glow disappeared. His body slowly fell to the ground, landing on the grass with a soft thud. Baekhyun immediately threw his arms around Chanyeol as he sat up. But what Baekhyun was expecting hadn't come...

" Get off me!"

Chanyeol pushed Baekhyun away, making him hit his head on the nearby wall again. Blood dripped down Baekhyun's skull, a sharp pain running through his spine. He was confused as to why Chanyeol pushed him like that, but he dismissed it.

" P-Please Chanyeol, w-what is g-going on?"