Part Two

Play House, Play Pretend

Part Two

 

Every day Seongwoo fell into the same routine, waking up at six-thirty and slipping into a pair of trainers before going out for run, plugging his ears with earphones so that he could listen to his favorite songs as he jogs. Precisely at 7:00 he would be back standing in front of his apartment sweating buckets, his finger busily punching the passcode as he kept bouncing on his heels, feeling rather impatient at the thought of a nice, refreshing shower.

 

It was a normal routine for him for these two years after graduating with a degree in Business Management, well, that, until he opened the door to his own apartment to be greeted with the presence of another human being in such early hours. He was quite taken aback to say the least.

 

""What took you so long? I'm hungry." the familiar husky voice invaded Seongwoo's ears. Seongwoo's eyes flickered towards the source of it, finding a certain Kang Daniel perched on the stool behind the countertop in the kitchen. The latter was in his formal wear, ready to go for work it seems.

 

"Why are you here?" Seongwoo asked as he waltzed across the room towards the kitchen, opening the fridge door before grabbing a water bottle, twisting the cap opened as he felt an immense eagerness to quench his thirst. From the corner of his eyes he could see Daniel cocking an eyebrow.

 

"Why can't I be here?" Daniel retorted. Seongwoo gulped in a mouthful of water, sighing in contentment as he felt the chilled water flowing down his throat.

 

"I didn't say you can't be here. I'm just asking for a REASON for you to be here in my apartment so early in the morning." Seongwoo justified as he sat opposite to the younger, haphazardly throwing his tangled earphones and his phone on the countertop. He couldn't care less if his phone's screen cracked or something.

 

"I told you I'm hungry." Daniel sorta 'explains' his existence, his eyes unwittingly trained on the older's phone. Seongwoo rolled his eyes. He should've known better that their conversation would turn out this way. Kang Daniel is such a pain in the , well, literally.

 

"Dude, you've got maids cooking for your breakfast."

 

"I gave them time off for a week." Daniel shrugged once again.

 

"Seriously? During weekdays? Are you nuts?" Seongwoo blurted in bewilderment. He knew that Daniel is one hell of a human being but this just leapt into another whole level.

 

"As far as I'm aware, I still haven't had any screw loose in my head so yeah, I'm perfectly sane. By the way, you talk too much. Why don't you go take a shower so that we can have breakfast together, hm? Now move your I'm famished."

 

Seongwoo begrudgingly moved out of his seat, muttering string of curses towards the younger male only to huff out in frustration when he saw the impish grin etching on the latter's lips.

 

 

 

 

 

The both of them were sitting silently at the dining table, shoving a ridiculously tall stack of pancakes (on Daniel's part) made by Seongwoo (unwillingly, if you may ask) into their throats before Daniel decided to break the silence.

 

"So, who's this Minhyun guy?" Seongwoo put down his fork, staring at Daniel in bewilderment. He wouldn't lie though, that sudden question totally caught him off-guard.

 

"How did you know him?" Seongwoo asked, being genuinely curious. He narrowed his eyes on the younger male as he took in the fidgety state of the latter. Seongwoo grabbed his phone, unlocking the device before tapping on a particular app to confirm his hunch. Well, what do you know? There it is.

 

"W-well, I-- uh--" Daniel stuttered. His eyes were wandering everywhere but on Seongwoo. He didn't even get the chance to defend himself when the other male cut him out.

 

"You snooped on my phone." Seongwoo curtly stated.

 

"In my defense, your phone was lying there defenselessly on the countertop when it dinged so I got curious." Daniel blurted out an excuse. Seongwoo rolled his eyes, feeling so done with this excuse of a human being. He glanced at the message he received from Minhyun, probably was sent when he took a shower earlier. A simple text of 'Hey, I'm back' was enough to stretch his lips into a small.

 

"Why are you smiling like that?" Daniel asked, carefully peering on the older male.

 

"Oh, I never thought I was banned from smiling or something." Seongwoo sarcastically retorted as he rolled his eyes. He lost count for how many times he had done that in less than an hour the younger male being there.

 

"You're being grumpy earlier and now you're smiling like a creep, all because of a mere text message."

 

Seongwoo thought it was a futile attempt to win over this guy so he decided to tell.

 

"I just recalled something from the past. He's my best bud from my uni days. We're in the same course so I kinda hangout with him a lot in those days. Why did you ask?" Seongwoo raised an eyebrow. It's kinda odd to see a Daniel interested in someone from Seongwoo's circle.

 

"Oh, nothing. Just curious. He's kinda good-looking, if I might say..." Daniel muttered the last few words but they were still caught by Seongwoo's sharp ears. Daniel sorta regretted uttering those words when he saw Seongwoo's eyes almost bulging out off their sockets.

 

"YOU EVEN STALKED HIS TWITTER??" Seongwoo screeched. Disbelief was written all over his face.

 

"I'm curious, okay!" Daniel defended. Seongwoo let out a sigh as he grabbed his mug.

 

"Curiosity kills a cat, just sayin." Seongwoo muttered before sipping on his coffee.

 

"Well, apparently cats have nine lives. Just sayin." Daniel shrugged. Seongwoo decided to leave it at that or he'll go crack because of this guy.

 

 

 

 

 

"By the way, Minki wanted to throw a bachelor party, for 'the poor souls signing a deal with the Lucifer masked by the pretense of marriage' or some like that. You're in?" Daniel asked as he drove the car, heading to Seongwoo's workplace.

 

"Nah. No thanks." Seongwoo replied from the passenger seat as he fiddled with the files in his hands. Daniel furrowed his eyebrows.

 

"Why not?"

 

"Well, you see, the purpose of a bachelor party is for newlyweds to spend their last few hours as a bachelor, meaning it's the time for couples to let loose and spend their time away from their partner. So why should I be there?"

 

"I see no issue if we tweak the rules."

 

See, this is why talking to Kang Daniel was an impossible task. Seongwoo mentally patted himself for being able to deal with this brat all this while.

 

"Just spend your last moments as a single dude with your friends. Though, I think nothing would've changed even after we've got married anyway." Seongwoo shrugged. Daniel chuckled at the blatant fact.

 

"True."

 

 

 

 

 

Seongwoo was skimming through the paperworks when his office phone suddenly rang. He presumed that it was probably his secretary trying to update him with new schedules.

 

"Yes, Jieun?"  

 

"I'm so sorry to bother you, Mr. Ong, but it seems like you have a visitor now." Came the feminine voice from the other line.

 

"Who is it?"

 

"He refused to tell me his name. He says to tell you that he's an old friend. What should I do, Mr. Ong?" Jieun's voice sounds conflicted. Seongwoo cocked his eyebrows, wondering who could it be.

 

"Just bring him here. I'll deal with it." Seongwoo finalized after several seconds of contemplation. He uttered a brief 'thanks' to Jieun before hanging up, staring into nothingness as he was still thinking hard of who could it be.

 

Three knocks was heard a few minutes after the phone call. Seongwoo halted his work, uttering a sufficient volume of 'Come in' to the individuals on the other side of it. The door creak opened and Jieun was peeking through the narrow spaces of the door.

 

"Mr. Ong? I've brought your visitor." Jieun said, revealing the mysterious guest. A tall, handsome guy with soft features came into sight, grinning as he took in the surprised state of Seongwoo.

 

"Hey bro, long time no see." The guy happily waved his hand, the grin never left his face.

 

"Hwang Minyun!" Seongwoo exclaimed, his legs unknowingly dashed towards Minhyun, eagerly bringing the other male into a tight hug. Minhyun let out an 'ooff' as he was tackled by Seongwoo, staggering backwards from the force exerted. He laughed heartily as he patted Seongwoo's back, reciprocating the hug.

 

The poor clueless secretary was left in a rather awkward situation to say the least, uttering an awkward 'Umm, if you need anything I'll be outside...' before excusing herself, leaving the two males to their own. She knew her words had fallen deaf ears but who cares.

 

 

 

 

 

Seongwoo and Minhyun ended up in the cafe near Seongwoo's workplace, 'catching up over a cup of coffee' as Minhyun quoted. Both of them were sitting idly in one corner of the cafe, where the table was quite isolated from the rest. Seongwoo believed it was a good choice since he likes his privacy.

 

"How's life treating you?" Seongwoo asked as he sipped on his coffee, taking in the pleasant aroma of the bitter beverage.

 

"Good, I guess?" Minhyun chuckled when Seongwoo glaring his way, he presumed the latter probably wanted more than the answer he had provided. "I've got engaged to a Caucasian girl, the product of roaming around in U.S. for two years. Is that the answer you wanted to hear?" Minhyun cocked his eyebrow, grinning mischievously at Seongwoo.

 

Seongwoo's face lit up at the news, feeling genuinely happy for his friend.

 

"Wow, congrats man! Seriously though, I'd never thought you'll settle down with anyone, no offense." Seongwoo congratulated Minhyun. A happy smile carved on the latter's face as he uttered a 'Thanks, bro' as a reply.

 

"Let's not talk about me for the time being.” Minhyun waved it off before continuing, “So, I suddenly received a wedding invitation from you and I'm not gonna lie, I'm positively surprised. Congrats!"

 

Seongwoo muttered a 'thanks', though a smile was etching on his face but it seems empty. Being a close friend to Ong Seongwoo for three years in their youthful days, Minhyun could tell that there's something more to that hollow 'thanks' uttered by his friend.

 

"So, your husband is that Kang Daniel you've mentioned before, right? Your childhood friend, if I remember correctly." Minhyun carefully weaved through the topic, his hand was fiddling with the coffee cup on the table.

 

"Yeah, it's him." Seongwoo answered briefly, seemingly uncomfortable with the topic in hand but he never stops the other.

 

"Did you confess? Or vice versa?"

 

"Nah, the marriage was arranged by our families. We have no right to refuse. It's in our grandfather's will." Seongwoo shrugged.

 

"A loveless marriage?" Minhyun cocked his eyebrows. Seongwoo chuckled hollowly at the question.

 

"I wish I could say the same in my part." He muttered.

 

"Seongwoo..."

 

This is why Seongwoo hated to be in this topic. He hated Minhyun’s tone. He hated to be the receiving end of it and he mostly didn’t need any sympathy. Only that there’s nothing he could do about it.

 

"Forget about it. It's no use anyway." Seongwoo sighed. Minhyun thought it was the best to drop the topic completely. He didn’t want their precious catching-up time to take a depressing turn. Minhyun suddenly snapped his fingers as an idea struck his head, startling the other male a bit.

 

"Hey, since I'm going to be here until the end of your wedding, why don't we throw a bachelor party or some like that?" Minhyun suggested.

 

"Party with whom?"

 

"Just a small party with our cliques. Let's call Jonghyun and the others. Call?"

 

After a full minute of weighing the idea, he decided to just go with it. Daniel’s circle of friends is going to do the same thing anyway so why can’t he have his own fun? It’s sounds tempting though, letting himself loose for at least a day before being tied down to the younger.

 

"I see no harm in that so okay I guess. I kinda miss those aliens anyway."

 

Minhyun grinned.

 

“Sweet!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: This is getting longer hahaha oneshot my pfffttt. Hey guys! First of all I would like to give a BIG thanks to yall for the suggestions and infos! OMG you guys are so sweet! Thank you for your efforts! I really appreciate it <3

 

I’m so sorry if I haven’t replied some of your comments but I’ve read them all I SWEAR!

 

As u can see, I decided to use Minhyun as Daniel's rival bc some of the trainees u have suggested are still minors so yup, Hwang Minhyun is a good choice indeed. 

 

And after reading through the suggestions, most of you guys are okay with mpreg, some even highly recommended it lol. But I guess for this story, since it’s like an introduction story to my first Ongniel fic, I guess I should make it a little bit realistic so I’m not gonna put mpreg into this, though there’s nothing realistic about this AU LMAO

 

Don’t worry, I’ll try to come up with an omegaverseAU so that I can include the mpreg tag in it. KEYWORD: I”LL
TRY :’D

 

ENJOY! Sorry if it's bad :'DD