【 1 】

Love String

“Rena, please? Pretty please?” she pleaded with her palms altogether, acting cute with her puppy eyes expression.

I sighed and shook my head while arranging stuffs in my study table. Alex is really persistent about this, huh?

“Rena~ I'll treat you a lunch for a whole week!”

“Just for a whole week? Nah!” I teased.

“For 2 weeks! Deal?”

“Make it three like I love you.”

“Ughh, Rena, do you want me to be poor as a rat? Come on!” she shake my shoulders that made me laugh.

“Woah, okay, okay!” I giggled. “Fine, 2 weeks of free lunch, Alex.”

Yaaas! Okay. Now, get ready! Make sure to look gorgeous, hmm?” she told me and patted my back as she leaves my unit.

I just can't help myself to shake my head. That girl.. Alex— my best friend, who lives next door bugged me early in the morning for such a ridiculous favor. She asked me to join her "date". Ridiculous, isn't it? She said, the guy she'll be dating today will bring his younger brother with him so Alex decided to bring me too so it will be a couple date. I don't actually know why she thought it's a great idea to bring me there. Like, seriously? Me? And the fact that they only knew each other on facebook? Like, for real?!

Well, I don't have any choice anymore, right? Taking a deep breath, I decided to wear a white long sleeves top and partnered it with white skater skirt. I also wear a white sneakers and sky blue coat. It's cold here so it'll be perfect.

I simply brush my hair when Alex arrived in my unit again wearing a cute dark blue dress. I put lip balm before facing her. “So.. how do I look?”

“Oh my gosh!” she gasped before walking closer to me. “Serene! You're back! Your alter ego Serene is back!”

I rolled my eyes at her. Serene is my real name actually but she said it's too feminine for me so she gave me Rena as my nickname. Don't ask me why because I don't know either.

“Alexandra, I don't think it's a great idea to bring me with you.”

“Shut up, you look amazing!” she held my hand and tried to drag me outside but I pull it to stop her.

“Are you really that sure with this date? You barely even know him!”

“It's just a friendly date yah know! And he's handsome! Don't worry too much, I'm sure his brother is good looking too! Let's go!”

“But that's not what I meant!” I said while she's dragging me out of my unit.

We get inside of her car. She's already 21 so she already have a driver's license. Me? I'm 20 but I don't really like to have cars. I'm scared of driving.

We arrived in a famous cafe here in Seoul. The man got taste huh...

“Omg I feel so excited!” Alex said squealing. I just shake my head.

“Yeah.. good for you.”

We both got off the car and enter the cafe. I suddenly feel hungry seeing slices of cakes in some tables.

“There they are!” I heard Alex said before she drag me again. Seriously, what's wrong with this girl?

“Alex!” a guy exclaimed. A good looking guys stood up as if he's welcoming us.

“Hey, Henry!” Alex greeted. I stop myself from rolling my eyes. I just looked around, avoiding interaction with them.

“Oh, my bad. This is my friend I was talking about.” Alex suddenly nudge me using her elbow that made me looked at the guy she called Henry.

I awkwardly smile and bow slightly. “Uhm, yep. Hi.”

“Hello, I'm Henry Lee and this is my younger bro,” he gestured his hand to the guy who is sitting and looking bored while looking at us. “Greyson Zero Lee.”

The guy slightly bow at us so I bow back before returning my gaze to Henry.

“Serene Astrid Gong. Pleased to meet you.” I casually said.

“The pleasure is ours. Take a seat.” Henry said letting us to sit.

“I'm starving, can we order now?” Alex asked. Henry chuckled before nodding his head. 

I can't help to let out a deep breath. I can't take things like this, okay? I also saw the other guy shook his head from my peripheral vision. Looks like he also just got drag from here, eh? I just focus on choosing my orders.

“I'll got this chocolate overload cake and mocha frappe. Rena, you?” Alex asked me. I didn't know a waiter is already here.

“Blueberry cheesecake and hazelnut frappe.” I said. The waiter nodded his head before leaving us again.

Welp... awkward— well actually not. Only me and this Greyson guy is awkward. Alex and Henry looked like they are enjoying together forgetting they drag some people here with them. Great.

I just get my phone from my yellow sling back. Maybe I'll just browse on the internet then...? Before connecting to wifi I noticed a guitar bag sitting beside Greyson.

“Do you play guitar?” he suddenly asked making me look at him.

“Uh, no. I don't play any instruments.” liar. You play traditional instrument! I just don't want to have some similarities. I'm not interested on getting along with just anyone.

“Really? I can teach you how to play a guitar if you like?” he said casually as if it's just normal. Well, it's actually normal but I'm too awkward for things like this, okay? I'm not used to these things.

“I don't think I'll learn it all today.”

“Who said you'll be able to learn it in one day?” So.. what does that mean...? “I can teach you anytime if you like.” he said and shrugged.

Woah there! What? Does he mean we'll meet more often? Nah! I don't think that'll happen.

“Oh.. okay. Thanks!” I just simply said and smile to not keep the conversation going. He seems an easy going person huh? Like, he could be close to everyone.

Later, the orders arrived. I started to eat silently while Alex and Henry are still in their own little world. So what's the point of bringing us here?

“Awesome! We could go to Namsan Tower!” I heard Alex exclaimed. Wait.. what? What? I thought we'll be just staying here until this date ends?!

“Right? What do you think?” Henry asked looking me then Greyson then back to me.

“Uhh..” what will I say? No?

“Yeah, awesome.” Greyson lifelessly said I almost look at him in disbelief. Oh what have I got into...

After eating, we left the cafe. I can't believe Alex completely forgot me. She looks really close with that Henry guy.

“Oh right, I brought my car! Should we split into two then?” Alex asked us.

“Yeah, we can go there together.” I said.

“I want to catch up with Henry so...” Alex said and looking at me like she's signalling something I should get... which I didn't get at all.

She took a sigh, “I mean I'll go with Henry and Greyson can drive you there.” she said. What?! She'll leave me for Henry?! She'll leave me with..

“Sure. It's fine with me. Keys?” Greyson asked— this guy?!

And... I end up riding Alex's car with Greyson. The atmosphere is so awkward I wanted to shrink or disappear!

“So, you're still underage or just don't know how to drive?” he asked while looking at me then the road.

“Just don't know how to drive.” I answered looking at the view in the window.

“Oh! So you're legal? You look young.” he said complimenting me. I almost frown. He's a smooth talker, I noticed.

“Uhh, Thanks? I'm already twenty.” I simply said.

“I'm twenty too!”

“Twenty two?”

I heard him chuckled that made me looked at him. What? I didn't say something funny, did I?

“I meant I'm also twenty.” he said after he laugh. Oh..

“So when's your birthday?” he asked taking glances of me then back to the road. “You know, so we can know who's older.”

Ah~ That's why? I see.. “February 27. I'm 93 liner.”

“Ah! I'm May 15 but I'm 94 liner.”

I just nodded. Should I be using honorifics with him?

“Then how old is your brother?” I asked turning my sight to the window again. Wonder if Alex is older than him.

“Do you.. have some interest to my brother?” he asked suddenly. Huh?!

“What? Nah, Alex can take him.” I scoffed. “I don't have interest with anyone.”

“Sure?”

“Sure.”

We arrived at the Namsan Tower safely. Alex and Henry are already waiting for us there. We just look around. Glad it's not too crowded since it's a well known tourist spot.

Time passes by, we all feel hungry. This date is not that bad as I thought.. though I still feels awkward.

“Let's eat to the nearest resto. I'm starving!” Henry suggested which we all agreed. Greyson and I was about to walk towards Alex's car when they stopped us.

“Hmm, we just thought that maybe it will be a good idea to switch partners. You know so Henry can know more about Rena and also me and Greyson.” Alex said. Henry was nodding while smiling too.

What?! Why do they have to put me in the most awkward situations?!

“Is it.. okay for the both of you?” Henry asked.

“Uhh.. well. Yeah? I think so?” I answered.

“Great! Rena, you can ride on Henry's car.” Alex said while smiling at me. I just gave her a awkward smile and nod. You're dead later, I'm telling you...

“Let's go?” Henry asked. I was about to walk towards him when Greyson called me.

“Your bag was still in the car. I just thought you would like to bring it?” he said. I realized I left my bag on Alex's car earlier since I thought we'll be going home after visiting Namsan Tower.

I walk towards her car while Greyson is accompanying me. Alex and Henry are having a small talks.

“Here.” Greyson lend me my bag which I politely received.

“Thanks.” I said giving him a slight bow. When I almost turn my back at him, he suddenly stopped me while holding my shoulder.

I can feel his presence behind me. I feel stunned and shocked. What is he doing?! Like.. for real?!

“I hope you don't enjoy his company... but I hope you did enjoy mine.” he whispered from behind before gently pushing me towards Alex and Henry.

What.. was that..?