Bought

Stone

 

Chapter 1: Bought

 

 

Jihyo’s forehead touched the wooden floor, her dress properly tucked beneath her knees to hide any skin that might show. Her eyes caught the girl on her left, Jihyo smiles at the younger girl. She was the same age as the girl when she first stepped into the house. Jihyo was sold by her father who was unable to take care of her anymore, she remembered crying and begging her father to take her home.

Her thoughts were interrupted when the floorboard starts creaking. Today was a special day. The crown prince turned eighteen and is now free to choose his concubine. The headmistress had been training five girls for this purpose, hoping to be paid a large sum. Jihyo wasn’t one of them, her duty is to look after the younger girls who had just been sold to the mistress.

Many of the girls wants to be chosen by the royal family. Being chosen means a better life. Suddenly a hoard of feet walks pass her eyesigh heading to the room where the best of the best awaits.

They stayed in that position for four hours, Jihyo couldn’t feel her legs anymore but she ignores it knowing full well she will be beaten by the mistress if she loses her stance. She looks at the girl again and sees the struggle with her legs as well. Jihyo listens for a moment before the girl’s hair in comfort. “Almost done,” she whispers with a smile.

 

 

Jihyo must have dozed off. There were suddenly shoes in front of her and men speaking over each other. “Don’t be absurd,” one man grunts. “This is ridiculous,” another one said. Jihyo blinks away the sleepiness hoping to make sense of what’s happening.

“Get up,” the mistress’ voice cuts through the air.

Jihyo’s body gets up automatically, her legs giving away under her weight. She feels herself falling forward towards a man. The man catches her easily with one swift arm, righting her to her feet. “I-I’m sorry your highness! She is a clumsy old-“

The man who had caught her shrugs. “It’s fine.” Jihyo looks at the red faced mistress. Her body is rigid already anticipating the beating she will have later when the guest leaves.

“Your highness, I can assure you, all of my-“

“I said its fine,” the man’s voice is low, tickling the back of her neck. Jihyo keeps her head low and realizes that the man’s hand is still on her waist and is probably the only thing keeping her up.

“We have to go madam. Thank you for showing us around,” says the man to her right. “Gary, ready to go?”

The man holding her shifts to look at his companion. “I’ve changed my mind.”

“Oh?” The friendlier man’s voice oozes playfulness.

Jihyo’s heart starts to beat faster not really knowing why.

“How much is she?” The man asks the mistress. Jihyo looks up in surprise. She’s being bought. By the prince. But, why? The prince looks down to meet her eyes. “How much is she?” He repeats, annoyance in his voice.

“Your highness, s-she isn’t, she won’t be able to…she isn’t for sale.”

Jihyo doesn’t know what to think. She feels like crying as she listens to the people talking about her life as if it was a bag of rice. The tears doesn’t fall though, she doesn’t let it fall.

 “Are you refusing us madam?” The friendly man’s voice becomes dangerous.

The mistress flinch. “Of course not my lord, never. You can have her at any price you want. But, I must tell you. This girl doesn’t know anything. Nothing. She did not have any training-“

“Enough,” the hand around her waist tightens, “pack her things and send it to the castle. The money will be sent to you.”

Next thing Jihyo knows is that she’s being led away from the hallway, she looks back, and meets the eyes of the little girl. Jihyo wanted to comfort her, wanted to brush her hair, but Jihyo thinks that she might be the one who needs comforting.

 

 

 

 

A/N: Hi! I don't really know where this story is headed. Bear with me please :D